What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I shut the door in their face, I don’t care who it is but I won’t engage in any conversation with them 😂 It’s a simple but blunt no thank you bye and door closed.
Same here, I just say no thanks and get the door closed asap!
We get a lot during the day on weekdays, so I just says I am on a work call.
I dont even answer the door! We have a ring doorbell but even just seeing them coming up the drive pisses me off!!! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Forgetting to put the lid back on properly on my shampoo and finding a mess in the bottom of my bag.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sorry in advance for the long post.
I’ve probably ranted about my in-laws on here about 100 times now but they just never stop with their nonsense, I’ve never disliked a bunch of people so much. We live about 6 hours away from my partners mum, but she decided to come visit and stay in an Air b n b near us a few weeks ago when she could have stayed with us but decided not to.

She stayed in the air b n b for 5 days and it cost £1,150, a day or so after she went home she text my partner and said ‘when are you sending the money’ he was so confused and asked her Money for what? She said she wanted the money for the air b n b because she shouldn’t have to pay for it because she was coming to see us! He was fuming but guess what, he still gave her the money, he sent her the exact amount. When she received it she said ‘what about the petrol money’ and asked for £100 so he sent it!!!! So you come to visit us, refuse to stay in our house because you ‘like your own space’ and ask your son to pay for your air b n b and petrol???

We kind of had an argument about it and he said oh you know maybe she’s going through a hard time financially and isn’t telling anybody so I said to myself yeah perhaps that is the case but who would do that?

So today, there was a knock at the front door, it was his mum, she drove down to see us 🙄 So I look outside and noticed she had a new car, I said oh you got a new car and she said yeah I bought it last week. It’s a Range Rover and I looked it up and it’s worth about 60k. I said oh the monthly repayments must be so expensive and she said ‘oh I didn’t do finance’. I said to her if she wanted to bring her things up to the spare room and she said oh no I’m staying at that Air b n b again. So I did say okay cool but are you going to pay for it this time or going to ask him to pay for it again? I said because that surely can’t be okay to do when you can clearly afford it yourself. She was furious!!! And said she was going to go home so I just said okay bye.

Ive had a huge argument with my partner and he isn’t speaking to me and said I shouldn’t have said anything.
His mum is total head and when we got engaged her and her daughters response was ‘oh are you pregnant’. They are such a horrible family. She also commented on the halloween decorations I had up and always says I don’t know the true meaning of Christmas and it’s about about ‘greed’ for me and most people. She’s a very over the top religious person and I can’t handle her. She’s so toxic. And comments on everything. Did I do the wrong thing by bringing it up about who is paying for the air bnb?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I’ve probably ranted about my in-laws on here about 100 times now but they just never stop with their nonsense, I’ve never disliked a bunch of people so much. We live about 6 hours away from my partners mum, but she decided to come visit and stay in an Air b n b near us a few weeks ago when she could have stayed with us but decided not to.

She stayed in the air b n b for 5 days and it cost £1,150, a day or so after she went home she text my partner and said ‘when are you sending the money’ he was so confused and asked her Money for what? She said she wanted the money for the air b n b because she shouldn’t have to pay for it because she was coming to see us! He was fuming but guess what, he still gave her the money, he sent her the exact amount. When she received it she said ‘what about the petrol money’ and asked for £100 so he sent it!!!! So you come to visit us, refuse to stay in our house because you ‘like your own space’ and ask your son to pay for your air b n b and petrol???

We kind of had an argument about it and he said oh you know maybe she’s going through a hard time financially and isn’t telling anybody so I said to myself yeah perhaps that is the case but who would do that?

So today, there was a knock at the front door, it was his mum, she drove down to see us 🙄 So I look outside and noticed she had a new car, I said oh you got a new car and she said yeah I bought it last week. It’s a Range Rover and I looked it up and it’s worth about 60k. I said oh the monthly repayments must be so expensive and she said ‘oh I didn’t do finance’. I said to her if she wanted to bring her things up to the spare room and she said oh no I’m staying at that Air b n b again. So I did say okay cool but are you going to pay for it this time or going to ask him to pay for it again? I said because that surely can’t be okay to do when you can clearly afford it yourself. She was furious!!! And said she was going to go home so I just said okay bye.

Ive had a huge argument with my partner and he isn’t speaking to me and said I shouldn’t have said anything.
His mum is total head and when we got engaged her and her daughters response was ‘oh are you pregnant’. They are such a horrible family. She also commented on the halloween decorations I had up and always says I don’t know the true meaning of Christmas and it’s about about ‘greed’ for me and most people. She’s a very over the top religious person and I can’t handle her. She’s so toxic. And comments on everything. Did I do the wrong thing by bringing it up about who is paying for the air bnb?
That's a hell of a lot of money to just hand over to her. I don't think you're in the wrong at all. Visits and money for visits should be discussed prior for sure

Reactions: 19

I think you are the only one in the right 🤷‍♀️ You shouldn’t have had to pay for the accommodation at all and had the right to question it the second time especially as you were nice enough to pay the first time!

Reactions: 14

😳not acceptable! Stand your ground. My in laws were the same I had to teach my husband how to stand up for him self. Do you have any kids?

Reactions: 8
😳not acceptable! Stand your ground. My in laws were the same I had to teach my husband how to stand up for him self. Do you have any kids?
We are due our first baby in January! That was actually one of the things I mentioned to her, what will you do when the baby arrives, come down every month and expect somebody to foot the bill for your air b n b? I told her it can’t happen and shouldn’t have happened the first time. She’s not a nice person, she’s always so smiley but never has anything nice to say, but somehow I’m the bad guy even though he knows how outrageous it was for her to ask the first time for money for her air b n b. I text him a few minutes ago to say she was probably going to do the same thing again this time.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Your MIL is a bleep. But equally your boyfriend is ridiculous! You aren’t in the wrong at all here. She should never have asked for that money - the fact that she did is beyond a bloody joke. He should never have even entertained giving her the money and the fact she’s then turned up in a new car just says it all. What on earth are they playing at?

Reactions: 14
Pavement etiquette and people who have no consideration for others. Specifically:
  • People who walk straight at you 3 across when there's no room for you to go anywhere else. The ones who try to force you onto the road are rude but are the ones who act as if you can disappear into a wall just stupid?
  • People staring at their phone, not walking in a straight line and then glaring at you when they almost walk straight into you
  • When there's a stream of people walking in the opposite direction to you and nobody has the common sense to walk on the same side of the pavement as those in front of them, so you're basically playing dodgems
  • People with massive umbrellas who have no issue whacking them straight into your head
  • People with small kids who give you the most horrible looks if you dare to disrespect them by asking if you can get past when they're taking up the entire pavement
  • Cyclists on pavements
  • And of course, people who randomly stop dead in busy areas when other people are walking right behind them

Reactions: 9

Good for you! You had every right to say that to her!!! Cheeky cow!!!! At the end of the day she chose to come and see you and stay in the air bnb!
In laws are the worst! So I really feel your pain

• Heart
Reactions: 11

You’re 100% in the right and I hope you have separate bank accounts so only your partner is paying for it and not you!

Reactions: 11
You’re 100% in the right and I hope you have separate bank accounts so only your partner is paying for it and not you!
I was just going to say the same. That’s over a grand out of YOUR household he’s just handed over to her for absolutely no reason. You’re having a baby soon right? That’s money that could have been spent on your child.

Reactions: 18

Omg wow! Your MIL is totally out of order and I can't believe that your partner is making you feel guilty about confronting her! I don't understand how she or your partner thinks this is normal behaviour??

Reactions: 15

First thing no you're not in the wrong. Second thing, is your partner not slightly hurt by the fact that HE had to pay for HIS MOTHER to come and see him? Does that not register with him? Because she should want to?

Reactions: 10

That's actually horrific. With respect, what the duck is he thinking? The audacity to give out money like that without even speaking to you? No, not on.

Reactions: 15
I have so much work to do, and yet tomorrow is all about YR 2022 kick off meetings (our Business year runs from 1st October). Global kick off, UK kick off, later in the week there will be a department kick off. And to make matters worse, I can't get into the office tomorrow and they always buy a tit load of dominos pizza for these things so I'll miss out on stuffing my face.

Oh, and thanks to Tattle sleuths, I found out that a celeb I had blocked was insta stalking me with a second fake account. Now have my insta private. Not that I even use it much, or post anything of interest. It's just your typical middle aged crazy cat lady instagram!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Christ, If she came once a month he would be giving her 12,000+ for her Air BnB a year?! That precedent needs stamping on now, yikes. She sounds horrendous ☹

• Wow
Reactions: 12
My husband keeps interrupting or trying to butt in when I'm cooking. All I asked him to do was cut up the chicken and leave the cooking to me!

Reactions: 2
My washing machine is leaking and my bedroom window is stuck. The windows are new I’m so annoyed!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.