What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A very boring and unoriginal rant but, periods. I just think it’s nuts that every single month until I go through the menopause I’m going to have to deal with an entire week of PMS and feeling miserable, grumpy, run down and exhausted, followed by 4 days of blood and agony every single month. Why couldn’t humans have just evolved to have one period a year like dogs do lmfao duck this.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
A very boring and unoriginal rant but, periods. I just think it’s nuts that every single month until I go through the menopause I’m going to have to deal with an entire week of PMS and feeling miserable, grumpy, run down and exhausted, followed by 4 days of blood and agony every single month. Why couldn’t humans have just evolved to have one period a year like dogs do lmfao duck this.
They actually have two per year 😂 I know this because I have a girl dog, whenever I take her for a walk when she’s in heat the other dogs look at her like she’s Beyoncé and try to chase her. Imagine being chased by dogs when you have a period.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
For me it's the mess. 30 odd years I've been having periods and guaranteed I'll get some stains on my bed sheets every month!

Reactions: 5
If they effect you like this have you thought about having a coil? I’m now on my third, haven’t had a period in years. Get a minimal bit of PMT for a day or two and maybe a tiny bit of spotting once in a blue moon but other than that nothing.

If they effect you like this have you thought about having a coil? I’m now on my third, haven’t had a period in years. Get a minimal bit of PMT for a day or two and maybe a tiny bit of spotting once in a blue moon but other than that nothing.
I hadn’t considered it tbf, I heard some horror stories from a few friends who had it and it put me off 😬! At this point I’d probably be willing to try anything though!

People who park inconsiderately. In a car park taking up two spaces, or on a road where more cars could fit but they leave a half car gap 🙄

Oh I hate that too. In fact I've commented to drivers as they've been getting out if their car, "Hey, could you just fit your car between the lines lovey so that I can pop in this space next to you? ". They look at me as if I'm from Mars, but can't really ignore me. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
A long rant.
I started (and finished) new medication last week which suppressed my appetite. Cue the fear of not being able to eat. Suppressed appetite is a trigger for my anxiety to go haywire. and it did. The same day, my partner, having been suffering with his own demons, admitted to having depression and needing to be on his own while he gets through it himself.
I'm sick, exhausted, heartbroken and trawling the internet for special foods, creams, meditations, podcasts ANYTHING that will make this feeling go away. I've been to the doctor, I'm on anxiety meds, Ive been seeing a therapist since January.
I've cancelled going to a family wedding and a girls night out this week. I'm in work and I feel like Im getting a tiny bit better every day but I feel so completely lost. I can't separate my feelings. I feel like I'm pushing the breakup out of my head until I get my anxiety under control but then I'm afraid I'm putting too much focus and attention on the anxiety.
I don't want to be around anyone but I don't want to be alone either.

I'm sorry I just needed to get that all out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Well yeah, they are?
I wouldn't class infections as serious medical conditions, but you need antibiotics that you can't get anywhere other than a GP?

I have sciatica I wouldn't class that as a serious medical condition but sometimes needs medication I can't buy over the counter.

I just think of serious medical conditions as life threatening and maybe it acrually encapsulates more than that 🤷🏼‍♀️

ETA my husband has some moles that need looking at. I wouldn't say that is a serious medical condition but it could progress to one if they aren't checked?? I'm just saying that serious medical conditions isn't what GPs are for. They are primary care that you can't get from pharmacy or over the counter etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I wouldn't class infections as serious medical conditions, but you need antibiotics that you can't get anywhere other than a GP?

I have sciatica I wouldn't class that as a serious medical condition but sometimes needs medication I can't buy over the counter.

I just think of serious medical conditions as life threatening and maybe it acrually encapsulates more than that 🤷🏼‍♀️
People automatically want to see a GP whenever ANYTHING is wrong. People make GP appointments when they have varruccas or ear wax etc - when actually they should instead be seeing a pharmacist first, or a nurse. Not a Doctor.

Conditions will become serious if you can't see a doctor. Healthcare should be preventative, not just when you are half dead. Noone deserves to live in pain or discomfort just because their condition isn't life threatening. What a bleeping world we live in.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
People automatically want to see a GP whenever ANYTHING is wrong. People make GP appointments when they have varruccas or ear wax etc - when actually they should instead be seeing a pharmacist first, or a nurse. Not a Doctor.
That's partly the fault of the surgery then if they are booking GP appointments for verrucas.

I just think signs like that in the waiting room of the surgery is incredibly misleading and could lead to people not booking appointments as they don't think it is serious and then eventually lead to their death.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Conditions will become serious if you can't see a doctor. Healthcare should be preventative, not just when you are half dead. Noone deserves to live in pain or discomfort just because their condition isn't life threatening. What a bleeping world we live in.
No but equally there are idiots who make doctors appointments if they have a bloody splinter or a runny nose. It’s these types of people who need to get a grip and seek alternative sources of help.

Reactions: 2
That's partly the fault of the surgery then if they are booking GP appointments for verrucas.

I just think signs like that in the waiting room of the surgery is incredibly misleading and could lead to people not booking appointments as they don't think it is serious and then eventually lead to their death.
Exactly. Guilting people into not thinking their lives and issues are valid. Everyone should be free to use the service, receptionists are there to redirect cases such as verrucas so the onus is on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Exactly. Guilting people into not thinking their lives and issues are valid. Everyone should be free to use the service, receptionists are there to redirect cases such as verrucas so the onus is on them.
Yeah but they you have idiots who give the reception staff grief for asking questions. They can’t win!

I have another rant.

My sister gets married in 2 months.

She asked me to book the day before off work. Originally billed as getting nails done, picking up her dress, lunch out, dropping off stuff at the venue and then chill out the night before.

She has now told me I need to be in a town an hour away for nails at 9am and then she doesn't need me again until dinner at 6.30pm. Why am I booking a day off work?

I would rather go to my normal nail lady and just work the day.

Reactions: 2
I have another rant.

My sister gets married in 2 months.

She asked me to book the day before off work. Originally billed as getting nails done, picking up her dress, lunch out, dropping off stuff at the venue and then chill out the night before.

She has now told me I need to be in a town an hour away for nails at 9am and then she doesn't need me again until dinner at 6.30pm. Why am I booking a day off work?

I would rather go to my normal nail lady and just work the day.
So just do that then - go to get your own nails done at your usual nail place and work the day as normal then go meet her at 6.30pm for dinner.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.