Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mamacita

VIP Member
I was just about the rant the same thing. I got a cold 4 days ago and the cough has now started and I coughed so hard I've strained my voice :rolleyes:
Same, had sore throat at first which went away but now it's back because of the cough 😅 just impossible to tell, is it gonna be a 3 days or a 3 weeks long thing ugh

Reactions: 2

pinkmug

VIP Member
Bloody moths. They've damaged the carpet quite badly in my dining room and several of my books (I have several hundred books in that room but thankfully only 3 or 4 were damaged. Last weekend I pulled out all the furniture in there and cleaned/ sprayed everything with a vinegar/ water mix, I've also been vacuuming the whole house every day or at least every other day (and spraying the carpets too) and I'm still finding them, mainly in that room but also elsewhere in the house - on the walls and also in the carpet. I've put cedar blocks round the house as well, also lavender air freshener and actual moth killer and the keep coming. It's s really getting me down, my house feels dirty 😢
Same, I got them due to a forgotten box of dried fruit, I think they are the ones that eat grain but nothing helps and I don't want to smell moth balls just to be rid of them. It's not an infestation but it annoys me whenever I see one flying about. I wish they'd just perish. I'm thinking of carrying a bucket full if spiders inside so they can act like natural moth control.

If you don't have pets, you can drop some lavender or cedar oil on the carpets, I don't know if it's a solution but it helps for a while.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Does anyone else feel the need for a "Random thoughts" thread on Tattle where you can just dump random things you think about that you want to share with someone but that don't really fit into any other thread?
Like sometimes I have thoughts that I wanna share but that aren't really a rant or anything and I don't know where to do it.
If there is already a thread like that please direct me to it, I went to a museum today and I have a lot of thoughts I want to dump somewhere lol.
Yes , please start one.

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
It's now 19 my husband spoke to the csa yesterday it used to be 21 but they are bringing the age down if the csa gets invovled he will be paying nearly £500.00 a month we can't afford that they came to a mutual reasonable monthly amount until she was 18 on which they both agreed now shes gone back on it
It's 19y and 364 days - they have to be under 20 if in FT education:

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Only place I can say this as obviously wouldn't say it to anyone I know personally but my 8 year old is a spoilt, rude little bitch.
I know it's our fault for spoiling her but her attitude is disgraceful and she has started swearing which of course she always gets disciplined for.
When she does get told off she starts fake howling crying to make herself actually cry saying noone loves her. At bedtime we put her to bed and she gets out at least 10 times. And is still fucking around at 10pm. In the end I just shout get into bed, we've had enough and she eventually goes.
She has big black circles round her eyes because she clearly isn't getting enough sleep.
On the first of many times putting her into bed she starts with the depressive fake crying voice saying I'm so sorry for being a disappointment and for for being naughty. It actually pisses me off because it's every single night and just another ploy to get out of bedtime.
We make sure she's well exercised so it's not even as if she should have any extra energy.
If the acting out is a sudden change, maybe speak to her and see if something is bothering her. Maybe she's having problems at school that are upsetting her?

My son is around the same age, and we've had this getting out of bed phase twice. The first time it turned out something was bothering him, but the second time he was just pushing his luck.
I knocked it on the head by telling him for every time he got out of bed for anything other than needing the toilet or being unwell, he would go to bed 15 minutes earlier the following night. And I always follow through on this sort of thing, so it only took a night of being sent to bed at half past 6 for him to realise I was being serious.

Maid22

VIP Member
A bit behind due to long hospital visits and went to do my Amazon order and they have increased the minimum free delivery order to £35. I don't want their 8.99 a month offer or yearly thing as one month spend over £100 on husband's medical needs then maybe 20 the next. I made the £25 month order work but this is going to take some working out. Really pissed me off, as if I don't have enough problems without this.
Oh that delivery charge is high. How are you?

emmer_moans

VIP Member
someone has chalk graffiti’d “don’t die!” on our outdoor wall. How creepy and weird 😭
kids? There's a gang of kids doing knock-door-run near me recently...sounds like something a kid would dare another kid to write on someone's house...

storynerd

Chatty Member
The availability online is useless! Most the times when my local one says it’s full I manage to get one. Very annoying
In that case maybe I'll risk trying the other local one that's said it's full all day and seeing if I can get a spot 😅

Bubbles Tizzy

Thanks all! - like a panicking idiot I completely forgot about Debenhams now it's no longer on the High street (even though some of my old dresses came from there). Will have a look on there now - also Amazon, which I had a quick look on previously and gave up with as everything seemed to only be delivered in July.
I did look on Simply Be but unfortunately couldn't see anything suitable, I am fussier than I should be really given that I've only got a few days to find something.
A little more expensive but have you looked at Scarlett & jo - some nice dresses on their site and they fit nicely - I have several of their dresses and found them quite good - I am overweight and their styles suit me.

Melian

VIP Member
When no one communicated with each other. Had someone out yesterday because I had no electricity which I explained and was told someone would be out today to sort it. I had to explain what had been done yesterday because he was just told there's an issue but wasn't told what the issue was.

lilyannrose

VIP Member
The admin involved in moving house
Moving is hell. I can say that now I've experienced it as an adult, before I was a very young kid and even then always had the hub of the "family home" - my grandparents - to shelter from it in.

I don't ever want to have to do it again, it broke me.