Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
someone has chalk graffiti’d “don’t die!” on our outdoor wall. How creepy and weird 😭
kids? There's a gang of kids doing knock-door-run near me recently...sounds like something a kid would dare another kid to write on someone's house...

Reactions: 2

storynerd

Chatty Member
The availability online is useless! Most the times when my local one says it’s full I manage to get one. Very annoying
In that case maybe I'll risk trying the other local one that's said it's full all day and seeing if I can get a spot 😅

Bubbles Tizzy

Thanks all! - like a panicking idiot I completely forgot about Debenhams now it's no longer on the High street (even though some of my old dresses came from there). Will have a look on there now - also Amazon, which I had a quick look on previously and gave up with as everything seemed to only be delivered in July.
I did look on Simply Be but unfortunately couldn't see anything suitable, I am fussier than I should be really given that I've only got a few days to find something.
A little more expensive but have you looked at Scarlett & jo - some nice dresses on their site and they fit nicely - I have several of their dresses and found them quite good - I am overweight and their styles suit me.

Melian

VIP Member
When no one communicated with each other. Had someone out yesterday because I had no electricity which I explained and was told someone would be out today to sort it. I had to explain what had been done yesterday because he was just told there's an issue but wasn't told what the issue was.

lilyannrose

VIP Member
The admin involved in moving house
Moving is hell. I can say that now I've experienced it as an adult, before I was a very young kid and even then always had the hub of the "family home" - my grandparents - to shelter from it in.

I don't ever want to have to do it again, it broke me.

jojida

Chatty Member
My work’s security alarm went off all weekend and we’ve had the most abusive messages imaginable from people who live in the village. Not one of these people did anything except from trying to give us a call on a line which said it was closed, except for someone who put a message on the Facebook group to the village which I eventually saw and allowed us to sort it out. We’ve got fully covered Keysafe cover so our security people should have told us, and sorted it out themselves but for some reason they didn’t.

I can appreciate it’s annoying but it genuinely wasn’t our fault yet we’re getting he abuse

• Sad

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
I would never let my dog lick my face but she does like licking my feet for some reason. It weirds me out a bit though.

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Doncaster Market place car park has suddenly decided to start charging a pound for parking on a Sunday apparently signs up for ages but when you only go on a Sunday you don't read the signs near pay and display, luckily when we parked we saw the parking enforcement going round putting fines on people's cars before we left the car park so we didn't get a fine.
I don't think it's just the market. I think all the council and on-street parking now charges at weekends and after 6pm. 😒

LouBug19

VIP Member
That would scare the life out of me. Even if he's fine but socially awkward, how horrifically inappropriate.
Maybe he thought it was a way to pick up women but it was so inappropriate. I was so tired and I didn't really think about it at the time but wish I had reported him.

IfTheCapFits

VIP Member
A bit behind due to long hospital visits and went to do my Amazon order and they have increased the minimum free delivery order to £35. I don't want their 8.99 a month offer or yearly thing as one month spend over £100 on husband's medical needs then maybe 20 the next. I made the £25 month order work but this is going to take some working out. Really pissed me off, as if I don't have enough problems without this.
I was looking for something earlier & noticed the increase, to think it used to be £10! 🙄 I get a lot of regular items on subscribe & save, it's pretty flexible & don't have to worry about order value for delivery, worth checking if any of yours are s&s? Can see this increase having a substantial impact on orders placed & I wouldn't be surprised if it drops back down again soon.

Reactions: 1

Mamacita

VIP Member
I used to feel like this, not only around time of the month but regularly. I would be nodding off at work and waking myself up snoring!! I went to my GP and had blood tests, he put my on B12 and It has genuinely changed my life. I sleep better, I feel more awake, more alert and less brain-fogged. Deffo work a chat with your doctor lovely
I've had a full panel done not long ago and everything was perfect including all vitamin levels 😅

Hedylamar

What has happened to boots? I went into a branch yesterday as I have what I think is a sty, I asked the pharmacist for some eye ointment, her reply, go to the optician!! Went into a different branch today, they don’t have a pharmacy. I used to spend a fortune in boots, now they don’t seem to actually stock anything, you have to keep ordering online ☹
Sadly they're shuttering shops and most likely treated staff like 💩. Three stores shut near me including two pharmacies in small towns with elderly population. The remaining chemist is always busy. I shop more at Tesco now because they have a pharmacy and decent makeup

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
Does anyone else bank with Chase? Yesterday they seem to have stopped claiming my cash back. I’ve paid the minimum into the account so it’s not that, when I click on the transactions it tells me it’s an excluded purchase. But it’s my food shop from sainsburys and clothes from M&S which previously I’ve received cash back for 🤔

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
My daughter is desperately trying to study and the whole system is set to fail some students. Only one school within a 20 mile radius is offering the options she wants to take. We’ve found they either don’t do biology as a separate science (A Levels) or have biology and English literature in the same block. The one school is close to our house and because she has done one year of level 3 studies before deciding that course was too niche for her future they have said no. It’s not specific in the policy about this. It’s her birthday today too. I’m heartbroken for her. She’s broke her heart over it not having a clue what to do next. She also wanted to go back into school to make some friends as she is desperately lonely. I 100% believe that this has been discrimination because we explained she is autistic. I can’t prove it though. I thought they wanted kids in education?
Unfortunately these days some of these places are only concerned with how the results look on them.

Is it an option for her to find an evening course for one of the clashing subjects?

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Yes I am! I will have a look at those thank you! :)

I just think sleeping like that is catching up with me at the age of 34 ha.
I was looking at the tempur ones but got a similar one cheaply from Jysk. It's helped so much, even with my TMJ (I'm not on commission I swear 😆).

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Without getting into the debate about the Israel/ Palestine conflict i do find the irony of 'Queers for Palestine' quite ridiculous..seem clueless about how they would be treated if they were to be a LGBT Person living in Palestine!

I recently saw a clip of a drag queen interviewing some QFP protesters along the lines of you do realise homosexuality is illegal in Palestine and they hate gay people ? they had absolutely no idea this was the case ..to be fair they were American (and they can be very insular and ignorant of anywhere other than the USA!)

its from sky Australia (the news readers are a bit GB news !)

Yet gay marriage is not currently legal in Israel either, and you have to use the loophole of getting married abroad first to have the marriage subsequently registered.
---
Around 12.6% of Israel's population is currently Orthodox.As this is the fastest growing section with Haredi women having an average of about 6.4 children per average woman- without a doubt this will change the acceptance in the future by 2050.
---
The Orthodox community does not bend. Many will still maintain the stance that they do not accept homosexual behavior.

Last edited:

clueless

Chatty Member
Edit - moving my post as it's not so much a rant. As you were!

Last edited: