Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Posted on the weight loss thread but also posting here

A work colleague made a comment today about my weight. I was walking past him to go on my lunch break and he said to me "it's not as if you need any lunch, you've definitely eaten enough already"
I just walked away but it made me feel really shit

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

IfTheCapFits

VIP Member
Out of control dogs.

Well known local cat, everyone makes a fuss of her as they pass by.

Attacked & killed by a dog on Monday.

The owner of the dog was with it, don't know if it was on a lead, but appears she did little to try & separate them & it was passers-by that rushed in to try & help. Owner rushed off to clean up her bloodstained dog but eventually contacted the distraught cat owner to admit her dogs responsibility. Not offered to pay vet/cremation bill, upset locals have covered this with a gofundme.

Owner has very graciously said everyone is upset, but it's not going to bring her back & she doesn't want the dog owner to be afraid of going out & getting verbally abused.

She's got far more compassion than me if one of my boys lives had been ended like this! Losing a pet at any time is heartbreaking, in this awful way, I just can't comprehend. It's angered & upset me so much, & I've not got any connection to them.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

BonBon27

VIP Member
Just heard my 9 year old on FaceTime tell her bestie she’s had the most boring half term ever and how rubbish her week has been 🤦🏼‍♀️ I know it has been, we’ve been to a few boring shops but mostly they’ve been at home entertaining themselves. With all the streaming services, Lego, Internet, books, friendship bracelet sets, bikes, a dog to walk, crochet sets, paints etc you could want. And this said bestie actually lives next door, and has been in our garden or house at some point every day!! Not a bad little life.
I really sway between wanting to give my kids the world, and wanting them to know what boredom is! We have been to theatre shows, all the days out you can name and some epic holidays over the years, so one boring half term isn’t gonna kill her! But somehow hearing her say it out loud just makes me feel a bit shit.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Samf2020

Chatty Member
I've been at a workplace where there was communal tea supplies and people took the mickey. Where I work now it's everyone-fend-for-selves which I prefer. Yes, it does mean there are lots of little milk bottles in the fridge with peoples' initials on but then everyone brings their own jar of coffee / packet of tea and everyone is happy. I can't be arsed with remembering to bring my milk so what I actually do is make a coffee in my flask with milk in the morning, it's large, so I make it last most of the morning and then after lunch I'm on water or something from the shop. I found that works for me. Luckily I'm in an office now where noone seems to have any fallouts about milk theft.

My rant though is smelly food in the office. Someone brought in what I can only describe as a mega spicy dish to be reheated... my goodness the whole office STANK the other day. It lingered for hours, even the windows were opened a bit but it was a windy rainy day, so not ideal.
I once worked with someone who microwaved 2 hearts from butchers for lunch. Its a smell I have never forgotten.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

lilyannrose

VIP Member
Appleby horse fair.

It's terrible anyway for what the residents of the town have to go through every year but there are reports this year a horse has been 'worked to death' and I am so sick of these people getting away with what they do because they are able to scream racism whenever someone complains.

Enough is enough. Those poor, poor animals.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

Melian

VIP Member
I know we don't need to social distance but why do people insist on standing so close?

Reactions: 29

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Posted on the weight loss thread but also posting here

A work colleague made a comment today about my weight. I was walking past him to go on my lunch break and he said to me "it's not as if you need any lunch, you've definitely eaten enough already"
I just walked away but it made me feel really shit
Replied to you on the other thread but report him to HR. Completely unacceptable.

Reactions: 28

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
People who don’t shut up talking. For the love of god just be quiet for five minutes. You don’t need to fill the silence 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 28

ellyjelly2

VIP Member
The weather 🤬 crap all summer then we will have a few days where it’s 38 degrees and we will melt. Why can’t we just have a few weeks of warm ( not scorching ) sunshine.

Reactions: 27

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
I walk down a back street and then a little lane/alley on my way to the station each morning. I can hear the birds singing and there's a fox who prowls around the streets, it's just a nice little bit of quiet time before my workday starts. And now I think I'm going to have to change my route because a bloke who lives in a house by the alley, is almost definitely waiting for me each morning. I thought it was just coincidence that he left the same time as me each day, but he ALWAYS leaves his house as I walk past, even when I leave a little earlier or later (I've worked at different sites a few times this month, so have caught a different train) This morning, he brought his bike out from his house, I could see him from the other end of the road, and he waited to leave until I walked past him. Ffs, why do men do this shit? I'm a middle-aged minger, he's just being an arsehole for the sake of it. I've walked through that alley for years, and now I can't. 🤬🤬🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

JE172

VIP Member
Websites that don’t list their products low to high!
It's always Featured or Recommended, surely the first thing everyone does is change that to Low to High!!

• Heart

whoareyouu

VIP Member
A work colleague is terminally ill. They have been advised not to work but are working anyway. Raised this with a senior member of staff who passed concerns to management. Management told said colleague and they have now gone mental and accused another colleague that we are discriminating them. It was raised as an issue out of concern but it’s turned the atmosphere at work absolutely awful.

Would others have done the same?
Honestly, I would have just left it. Your colleague is perhaps working to distract themselves.

I see that you did it from a place of kindness but it’s not really your place to get involved.

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
My husband and I were discussing this morning we think it’ll be time very soon to take our dog to the vet to PTS 😭 she’s almost entirely blind and going lame in her back legs.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Starlight_100

Chatty Member
A woman sat right near me today and proceeded to open cough multiple times and she had a really horrible chesty cough. She then told the people around us that she has been having hot sweats all weekend and a raging fever. Then coughed again. She then says "I should be at home really" then she was on the phone to the doctor after someone told her she should get booked in. Here I was thinking Covid had changed peoples attitude towards illness and that people don't just infect everyone when they are clearly too ill to be out. Obviously not :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Packaging
Wife ordered a small item from Amazon, arrived in an oversized shoe box.

Weetabix, no matter how gingerly you try to free those delicious bisks from the wrapper the fuckers explode all over the worktop.

Blister packs/medication, I get joint pain in my hands and trying to free my pills can be a bugger, would much prefer a bottle with push-down screwcap but pharmacy won't use them any more.

Yours, V Meldrew :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 24

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
People who use filters ON THEIR KIDS and share the photos. It’s so weird toddlers with smoothing filters, eyelashes and permatan
That’s made me laugh because I’ve just seen a photo of someone I know on Insta, it’s him and his wife and they’re holding their dog between them except they’ve gone overboard on the filters and the dog looks weirdly smooth with a perfect jawline.

• Haha

IfTheCapFits

VIP Member
So I've just put on clean underwear from a new multipack. The elastic must be knackered because they're bucket like. No running for buses today
You've prompted a fond memory, my dear old Nan's knicker elastic gave up as she was walking down Blackpool prom one very busy summer day. She just stepped out of them, picked them up, casually popped them in her handbag & carried on walking! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart