Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LouBug19

VIP Member
Dress shopping (again).

This is a follow on from my rant of the other day. Basically I'm still trying to find a dress to this black tie do I've been invited to next week and I'm seriously running out of time. Gave up on Vinted due to concerns about stuff not arriving for ages...since then I've tried basically every site I can think of and I'm struggling, everything is either too short, or not in my size - or pastel coloured and giving bridesmaid vibes.

All I want is a floor length dress in my size, ideally for £50(ish) or less. I've so far only found 2 that are suitable, there's this one, but the biggest size available is at least a size too small so unless it is stretchy - which it doesn't look like it is- I doubt it would fit, and the other one won't get here for a week which is too late.

View attachment 2991648

I'm starting to panic now that I won't be able to find anything at all :( When did shopping become such a pain? I used to go to these sort of events regularly pre Covid and I never had this much trouble (sadly I lost a lot of weight back then and sold all my old dresses, which would have now fit me again 🤦‍♀️ - all I've got left is stuff that is now 4 sizes too small!)
There's a few nice pieces on simply be and they do next day delivery.

Reactions: 2

emmer_moans

VIP Member
On the other hand I've had the same symptoms for a week and a half now, done 3 COVID tests, all negative 😅 who knows these days, I ranted about this the other day but colds are weird now
For me they have not been the same since I had covid... Sorry for TMI but the snot I would get before 2020 is not what I get now. It's almost gel like now and hard to shift, my husband says the same and someone at work was saying their colds are different since covid, almost as though something changed in our nasal areas 🤷‍♀️😂 who knows but it definitely seems that way.

Melian

VIP Member
Can people please do their jobs properly? Originally told virgin media I was moving today, told them Thursday it had changed and the earliest they could do was the 16th...they still disconnected me today but failed to tell me

Phoned virgin to ask them to reconnect me. Phoned again to be told they "forgot" to reconnect me

What a waste of a day. And I was on hold for 40 odd minutes

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
A work colleague is terminally ill. They have been advised not to work but are working anyway. Raised this with a senior member of staff who passed concerns to management. Management told said colleague and they have now gone mental and accused another colleague that we are discriminating them. It was raised as an issue out of concern but it’s turned the atmosphere at work absolutely awful.

Would others have done the same?

• Sad

whoareyouu

VIP Member
Yes I will open my sun visor before I get into my car now!
My auntie lives in Australia and her arachnophobic friend tried to sell her car because it had a spider in it. 😂
Haha honestly guys it was a bad bad start to the day! I wouldn’t care, I hoovered the car last night. Obviously not well enough mind!

Might just leave the visors down all the time to prevent any surprises.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Thanks, I appreciate that. I've been losing my mind repeatedly for the last couple of years, everything about moving out and moving in and having reno has been hideous. It doesn't help that I'm non-neurotypical and have mental health issues, I feel like I'm never able to settle. So now and then I just snap and it all comes out. We've got new neighbours next door and though they are very nice, they are completely gutting the property so there's a lot of noise there too. And I'm still not really recovered from my gran dying a few years back because I just wasn't given any time to grieve.

I really wish I could afford therapy. Can't imagine how long the NHS waiting list is if I tried that route and they only offer CBT anyway, which has made me worse in the past.
Look up the work of Peter Levine and the Havening Technique. There’s lots online on YouTube. He believes that our bodies store trauma. Not feeling safe is about being in a state of hyperarousal.

To feel safer you could try a weighted blanket or use hygge which is about increasing your comfort in your home though things like soft blankets. Candles or low lights instead of harsh lighting.
---
There’s also waiting lists for low cost therapy. You could join a few and see which one offers space first.

Lizziebox

I forgot to pick up my breakfast when I left for work, and the only option near me to buy anything was Subway. It was a really disappointing breakfast and I only have myself to blame 😞
I want to rant along with you on this… why have they changed the sausages to the patties 😭

whoareyouu

VIP Member
Omg I would probably burn the fucking car out if it was mine 😂 all these posts just some up my worst nightmare, I’d end up in jail from blind panic stopping probably in the outside lane causing a huge pile up while I ran away hysterical.
I am just relieved I did it before I got on the motorway as I live within a mile of it!

• Wow

Mamacita

VIP Member
I was just about the rant the same thing. I got a cold 4 days ago and the cough has now started and I coughed so hard I've strained my voice :rolleyes:
Same, had sore throat at first which went away but now it's back because of the cough 😅 just impossible to tell, is it gonna be a 3 days or a 3 weeks long thing ugh

pinkmug

VIP Member
Bloody moths. They've damaged the carpet quite badly in my dining room and several of my books (I have several hundred books in that room but thankfully only 3 or 4 were damaged. Last weekend I pulled out all the furniture in there and cleaned/ sprayed everything with a vinegar/ water mix, I've also been vacuuming the whole house every day or at least every other day (and spraying the carpets too) and I'm still finding them, mainly in that room but also elsewhere in the house - on the walls and also in the carpet. I've put cedar blocks round the house as well, also lavender air freshener and actual moth killer and the keep coming. It's s really getting me down, my house feels dirty 😢
Same, I got them due to a forgotten box of dried fruit, I think they are the ones that eat grain but nothing helps and I don't want to smell moth balls just to be rid of them. It's not an infestation but it annoys me whenever I see one flying about. I wish they'd just perish. I'm thinking of carrying a bucket full if spiders inside so they can act like natural moth control.

If you don't have pets, you can drop some lavender or cedar oil on the carpets, I don't know if it's a solution but it helps for a while.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Does anyone else feel the need for a "Random thoughts" thread on Tattle where you can just dump random things you think about that you want to share with someone but that don't really fit into any other thread?
Like sometimes I have thoughts that I wanna share but that aren't really a rant or anything and I don't know where to do it.
If there is already a thread like that please direct me to it, I went to a museum today and I have a lot of thoughts I want to dump somewhere lol.
Yes , please start one.

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
It's now 19 my husband spoke to the csa yesterday it used to be 21 but they are bringing the age down if the csa gets invovled he will be paying nearly £500.00 a month we can't afford that they came to a mutual reasonable monthly amount until she was 18 on which they both agreed now shes gone back on it
It's 19y and 364 days - they have to be under 20 if in FT education:

unidentified

VIP Member
My daughter is desperately trying to study and the whole system is set to fail some students. Only one school within a 20 mile radius is offering the options she wants to take. We’ve found they either don’t do biology as a separate science (A Levels) or have biology and English literature in the same block. The one school is close to our house and because she has done one year of level 3 studies before deciding that course was too niche for her future they have said no. It’s not specific in the policy about this. It’s her birthday today too. I’m heartbroken for her. She’s broke her heart over it not having a clue what to do next. She also wanted to go back into school to make some friends as she is desperately lonely. I 100% believe that this has been discrimination because we explained she is autistic. I can’t prove it though. I thought they wanted kids in education?

• Sad

rivermonster

VIP Member
I know this has been brought up recently but shopping for clothes is so hard nowadays
I know I carry fat on my hips and stomach but everything I’ve tried on today made me look awful 😭 it’s really made me feel horrible
Then I went to look at shorts in H&M and the sizing is so inconsistent 😩 I’m usually a 12 on the bottom and thought they looked small so looked at a 14 and thought the same - I picked up a 16 and it fit like a glove
I know you wear the clothes and the clothes don’t wear you yada yada but it’s really upset me! Mainly because my 12s still fit in other bottoms so having a 16 in my wardrobe feels strange 😂 sizing needs to be more consistent
Cut the label out - I do. We were talking about having Primark clothes which can fit with anything from an 8 to 16 depending on fit. Madness.