Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aulty

Whenever our council mows the lawns they look so shite, they leave all the mowed grass on top which turns into hay and makes the whole area look a mess.
It may not be pretty, but it is recommended to leave the cuttings as a 'mulch' to keep the lawn and soil healthy and for animals to use the dried clippings for their nests. It's a point of contention between me and Mr. Aulty in our own garden 😅

Reactions: 3

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
I’m sorry you didn’t get the role. There’s a lot to be said for just saying I need to reschedule the interview, I’d be grateful if you could accommodate this as I’m very interested in the role and know I’ve got the skills the role requires. As a hiring manager you’d be hard placed to refuse that request. But they could also look at it as unfairness to other candidates as everyone given the same amount of prep time. I had job applications/interviews. I get they want the best candidate for the job but they don’t make it easy. Look at it as not the job for you and something better is coming ❤
thanks. The worst thing is I raced off to contact my agency as I cannot afford to spend any time unemployed as I won't get dole and I saw an email from my consultant asking if I was coming to the contractor drinks event they are having. I had no invite arrive and it's tonight in the City. Too short notice and I am WFH. Shame because I could have really used meeting my agency and networking as you never know who might say oh we have some roles for PAs etc at our company etc

• Sad

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
We’ve just been talking about it. Either put up or shut up so to speak. People have real fears about this and they’ll be going around wondering if they feel a bit rough that’s what’s causing it. Guessing cheese again
Theres been loads of other recalls of food due to contamination/ salmonella/ the horse meat scandal where the public are made products to avoid which is why i do t get the secrecy and wishy-washyness about something so serious!
im hoping its not nuts as i bought some really nice ones in m&s last week. there were loads and this week whole shelf of these and other nuts completely cleared and not due a delivery for week or so!
Edited: holy shit just googled e coli and nuts and this came up from America! it was walnuts that i bought ! 😱

Last edited:
  • Wow

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I love water and veg because it wasn’t coated in sauces and squash when I was a kid. It was very much like if or lump it in the 90s.
I dislike water and most veg, which was always plainly cooked when I was growing up. Well before the 90's when there wasn’t much choice.

Not fond of too much seasoning either. I like lemon mayonnaise, but it seems now it often comes with black pepper, no thanks

LouBug19

VIP Member
I automatically squirm and look away when I see people let dogs lick their faces, kiss them, etc. It is foul beyond words. How can they like it? It seems to be almost all dog owners who do it , too, it's so weird to me.

I love cuddling my cat but that's enough for me. Do not need kitty germs, thank you.
I'm so grateful my cat isn't a licker. Don't think many cats are tbh. I love snuggles but hate when her paws touch my face because they have been in her litter tray.

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Previous thread here:

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Final rant of the day 😁
Just dropped someone off home. Narrow road. Car parked one side of road. Dickhead parked opposite waiting for his mate. Me unable to get through.
He reversed the minutest bit so his ickle friend didn't have to walk more than 3 steps more.😤🤬
I was ready to get out and deck him, but was unfortunately stopped by the male person in my car. 😬🙄🤭

Behelzabobs

VIP Member
Yes, I will do this. I need to work on my assertiveness but like you said earlier, tell them rather than just silently buy it all the time and seethe.

It costs a small fortune as well, I never realised how much tea and coffee people go through 😅
I’d be taking my own coffee and teabags and keeping them in my bag and a flask of milk and if anyone said anything they would be told

People are stingy and they do take the absolute piss, it’s amazing the way people behave at work but why should you substitute them

Maid22

VIP Member
There's a road closure near us so we have the diverted traffic, it's fuckin awful, everyone speeding, especially the lorries, you really take your life in your hands trying to get out of our place.

• Sad

Starlight_100

Chatty Member
Why is this morning so embarrassing to watch? One of today's top stories which is great news for us women by the way Josie says, British men's penis sizes have gone up. How does anyone know this? Yeah coz that's what most women sit around thinking of all day. Dick. Ffs. So fucking stupid to discuss on morning telly. Theres no decorum anymore! Why is everything now about sex!? If it's not onlyfans shoved in your face, it's a sex based programme about threesomes or some other shit on TV.
Well might be good news for straight women, I don't know any lesbian or bisexual women that will be sat there celebrating. I don't watch This Morning anymore and Josie was an annoying cow on I'm a Celeb and that was at 9pm I definitely wouldn't want to watch her in the morning! It got to the point where I'm a Celeb almost became the Josie show, I nearly stopped watching.

rainbowhouse

VIP Member
It’s really warm here tonight but I can’t open my bedroom window as next door’s tacky garden light show becomes a hundred times more annoying.

Melian

VIP Member
On a British holiday and my OH wants to get out every day and do walks of 10km plus every day but for some reason my walking boots have given me the worst blisters I’ve ever known! Honestly wanna cry when I walk 😭 compeeds haven’t really helped, only seem to be stopping any further damage
Have you put vaseline on the area of the boot where it rubs? Let it dry and it should be ok

• Heart

Mamacita

VIP Member
Is that before of after they’ve rubbed their eyes or touched their mouth?

I’m sorry but not washing your hands when you’ve been to the toilet is absolutely vile 🤢

This is the reason I use a tissue to open a public toilet door!
I agree people should wash their hands and I do wash mine. But if someone is washing their own hands, they shouldn't worry really.

Honestly, everything in public is covered in germs no matter if it's people not washing their hands after using the toilet or not . Best not to rub your eyes and touch your mouth when you've not washed your hands 😅

wideopenspace

Chatty Member
Letter through the door over the weekend. It had been sent to the wrong address a few streets away. Right number but I'm 17 north road and not 17 elm avenue
Thats happening constantly with us. Even my postal ballot for the local council elections went to the wrong address.