What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I've just put on clean underwear from a new multipack. The elastic must be knackered because they're bucket like. No running for buses today

• Haha
Reactions: 10
on Sunday night, a bug got stuck in our chimney and was trying to get out. Looks like a large moth so OH sprayed some spray into the vent and it seemed to have done the job.

this morning, the same sound that alerted us that we had a bug in there has started and it’s either 1) the same bug coming back with a vengeance or 2) another one has gotten caught in there 😭 and to top it off, OH has gone to work and left me to deal with it!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
on Sunday night, a bug got stuck in our chimney and was trying to get out. Looks like a large moth so OH sprayed some spray into the vent and it seemed to have done the job.

this morning, the same sound that alerted us that we had a bug in there has started and it’s either 1) the same bug coming back with a vengeance or 2) another one has gotten caught in there 😭 and to top it off, OH has gone to work and left me to deal with it!
Sounds like the June bugs I was moaning about upthread - this is exactly what they do, and their wings make them look like large moths! Horrible things - they make a horrible rattling noise when they’re stuck somewhere 🤢

Reactions: 5
Sounds like the June bugs I was moaning about upthread - this is exactly what they do, and their wings make them look like large moths! Horrible things - they make a horrible rattling noise when they’re stuck somewhere 🤢
I read that June bugs are heavy so they struggle to fly. Maybe it can't get itself out.

Reactions: 5
Oh yuck - shouldn't have googled them!

I've left it with OH to sort out - fingers crossed I don't come home to a burned down house :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
Nephews birthday today, so I sent some money to my sister (via bank transfer) for him and no acknowledgment nothing 😤 we’ve never been close and are like chalk and cheese but nada not even a thanks, I messaged to see if it was received okay and she hasn’t even bothered to take the time to read my message and yet has been online so I’ve just been ignored basically ☹
Shocking. My cousin and daughter are like that and we’ve all had enough of it. Manners cost nothing. It takes seconds to send a text.

Reactions: 9
So I've just put on clean underwear from a new multipack. The elastic must be knackered because they're bucket like. No running for buses today
You've prompted a fond memory, my dear old Nan's knicker elastic gave up as she was walking down Blackpool prom one very busy summer day. She just stepped out of them, picked them up, casually popped them in her handbag & carried on walking! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Today is my first day back to work after a weeks annual leave and someone who I never deal with sent me an email saying "just a quick reminder" to do something but this is the first email I have ever received from them. How can the very first email you send someone be a reminder. I've never even done this task before.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
It seems to have become the standard. People buy somewhere and just totally renovate everything inside and out, whether the property needs it or not. Usually turning lovely older buildings into grey/black prison looking horror shows and making the interior open plan just because everyone else is doing it. I mean to each their own but it depresses me.
My husband and I will probably be moving in about 18months time and I've already said I am not prepared to spend any money on the property because I know whoever buys it will just rip it apart. Every house near me that has been sold recently has been gutted by the new owners.

Some of the renovations are awful though. Sometimes they just look so inappropriate for the area or make the house look soulless.

• Sad
My husband and I were discussing this morning we think it’ll be time very soon to take our dog to the vet to PTS 😭 she’s almost entirely blind and going lame in her back legs.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I also had a horrible cold last weekend - had to cancel all my plans, felt like death and slept at 4 in the afternoon which I last did about 10 years ago (I can’t nap unless I’m ill af). Not covid. Defo something going around!

Reactions: 8
My husband and I were discussing this morning we think it’ll be time very soon to take our dog to the vet to PTS 😭 she’s almost entirely blind and going lame in her back legs.
Sending you love, it's not an easy decision to make. I'm sure you gave her a great life.

• Heart
My mum. She keeps changing the date she can help me to move out which means I have to keep changing the dates I tell people I can move

She found an old tablet of mine. Without saying anything she goes to take it. I had to inform her there's a pin code on it which she didn't seem impressed with.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Its my 2nd day back at work after 2 weeks off.
I don't want to rant, I just want to be back in the sun with a cocktail!!

Reactions: 11
I'm absolutely fuming...a hospital appointment in August that has been cancelled and rescheduled at least 4 times since October 2022 has been cancelled AGAIN and this time has been rescheduled for Christmas Eve! In six months time!

It involves travelling to my home town (my choice as I moved midway through the process and wanted to stay with the same consultant) so some complicated logistics involved. I can't do the Christmas Eve appointment (irrelevant as it'll be cancelled anyway) so we're looking at 2025 at the earliest. 2.5 years since my last appointment! Thankfully it's nothing life threatening 😡

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
The dentist, they close at 5pm. I need to change my appointment I phoned a few weeks ago at 16:45 on a Friday and I just got their emergency message with the out of hours number on I thought they must've wanted to get out early. Phoned today now and the same thing 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I also had a horrible cold last weekend - had to cancel all my plans, felt like death and slept at 4 in the afternoon which I last did about 10 years ago (I can’t nap unless I’m ill af). Not covid. Defo something going around!
Don't think there's any real way to be sure it's not Covid!! There's so many variants about now that tests can't pick them all up. Hope you are feeling better now!

Reactions: 7
I’m a lecturer and I wanna rant about the amount of chances we give students to resit, support through their assessments, emails etc to get no response and then when they are withdrawn they appear from the woodwork and want to stay! I’d do anyrhing for my students - I’m young and I remember how tough uni is, but it sucks when some students appear to not want to study at all but just get the student finance 🫠🫠

Reactions: 13
Boots and their inconsistent in store and on-line discounts!
I was looking for a perfume as a gift and the lady on the counter said theres 10% off, so said oh lovely i'll have take one so we went over to till and the locked away perfume. I said i wanted small bottle so first thing that pissed me off she'd got a bigger bottle out totally disregarding what id said - that was nearly £100 with the discount! told her no i want the smallest one ! which was met with huffing!
I went back to office and just wanted to double check id bought the right one and saw online at Boots there was 20% off perfume 🤬 which would save a further £7!
I took it back to store to get a refund as i was pretty annoyed and the lady said oh its only 15% off online, i corrected her and she still kept on that its 15% ..I get they are probably on sales commission but im not stupid ive just bought it online with 20% off !
I dont know if its this particular store but i went in there to get a hairdryer few years ago that was oos online..asked lady to check price and it was £20 more..i went back to display and found the item ticket in wrong place which had same as online price. showed same woman and she just ripped it up and said its wrong!
im not normally one to complain ( her attitude and lack of customer service skills tipped me) so i did get the manager who sold it at online price to me he said he would speak to the woman in question as if its priced wrong they should be honoring it!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Boots and their inconsistent in store and on-line discounts!
I was looking for a perfume as a gift and the lady on the counter said theres 10% off, so said oh lovely i'll have take one so we went over to till and the locked away perfume. I said i wanted small bottle so first thing that pissed me off she'd got a bigger bottle out totally disregarding what id said - that was nearly £100 with the discount! told her no i want the smallest one ! which was met with huffing!
I went back to office and just wanted to double check id bought the right one and saw online at Boots there was 20% off perfume 🤬 which would save a further £7!
I took it back to store to get a refund as i was pretty annoyed and the lady said oh its only 15% off online, i corrected her and she still kept on that its 15% ..I get they are probably on sales commission but im not stupid ive just bought it online with 20% off !
I dont know if its this particular store but i went in there to get a hairdryer few years ago that was oos online..asked lady to check price and it was £20 more..i went back to display and found the item ticket in wrong place which had same as online price. showed same woman and she just ripped it up and said its wrong!
im not normally one to complain ( her attitude and lack of customer service skills tipped me) so i did get the manager who sold it at online price to me he said he would speak to the woman in question as if its priced wrong they should be honoring it!
Boots are ridiculous with the differing prices. I'm also annoyed most of the stores now have very few manned tills despite a lot of basic medical items now becoming over the counter to stop thefts. Staff are also increasingly rude and dismissive of customers. I hate shopping now.

Reactions: 15