What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The 0.5 camera trend when people have their literal arm stuck in the air but then record as if they don’t know there’s a camera there? Or people running but their arm is up in the air?

Reactions: 5
Letter through the door over the weekend. It had been sent to the wrong address a few streets away. Right number but I'm 17 north road and not 17 elm avenue

Letter through the door over the weekend. It had been sent to the wrong address a few streets away. Right number but I'm 17 north road and not 17 elm avenue
Thats happening constantly with us. Even my postal ballot for the local council elections went to the wrong address.

Reactions: 2
This has been happening here too!! They get the number right at least but 5 streets away. Even have their Tesco food shop turning up at least fortnightly. The driver always roll their eyes at me as they have to load it all back into their van. Hardly my fault YOU got the wrong address 🙄

Reactions: 7
Honestly
Made a new friend. Her house is beautiful, new extension, landscaped etc.

Dreading returning the invite to our "lived in" home, threadbare lawn and eye catching nettle patches... 🫣

I love my house I really do, and I have a lot to be grateful for. Realistically I have no time or money for cosmetic improvements.

I probably could deal with the nettles though.

I am annoyed with myself for comparing and not just being grateful for a roof over my head and am trying to give myself a mental slap!
if your new friend is going to be worth having they will not give a damn about your home. They will be there to spend time with you. Don’t stress over it. As you say your home is a safe place and that’s enough. They may love interiors: gardening and come help you! Just enjoy the friendship.

Reactions: 11
Email to renew travel insurance. It's cheaper to buy from the same company as a new customer. Nothing has changed. Except I now have to pay extra to cover gadgets

Reactions: 3
Seen some people arguing earlier online about the 2 child benefit scheme being scrapped. Personally, I don't think it should, I don't know how some people think it will help child poverty when it will just lead to more and more people having children they couldn't properly afford in the first place. I'm sorry but it shouldn't be up to taxpayers to have to pay for people having more children because Sharon down the street kept popping out kids when she can't afford them. having children is a choice, if you can't afford things currently, bringing a child into the situation is just selfish. There might be people who disagree with me and thats fine, you are allowed an opinion but I think the scheme should stay in place. It won't help child poverty, it will just lead to people sacrificing more children to miserable lives hoping they get money for them. I'd rather my taxes went to Foster Agencies to help train more Foster Carers to help children who need them, there are currently over 800 children in my area needing a Foster Carer/Carers and if my taxes went towards helping them find homes and be properly cared for, i'm all for it. But my taxes going to more child benefit for parents having more than 2 children? No, sorry. I really don't know who to vote for this year.
The UK government admitted to wasting £15.1 billion on Covid paraphernalia alone that could not even be used. They were also unable to account where £700+ million had vanished.

It’s the wild spending with zero accountability that costs us the most. You can’t target where your tax goes to- most likely art for number 10.

I can’t get worked up if it helps feed any British child. We have a duty to look after our young population.

Reactions: 11
My boss demands my half year review self assessment at least a week in advance of it.
They give feedback and then we discuss in meeting.
She has yet to give me the feedback and my meeting is tomorrow.
So she will send it tonight after Ive logged off for the day, the means I have 2 hours to go through it and go into meeting.
How fair is that? She always says if I want to discuss anything she has raised ahead of the meeting to let her know.
Pretty sure she doesnt do it to other staff just me.

• Sad
My boss demands my half year review self assessment at least a week in advance of it.
They give feedback and then we discuss in meeting.
She has yet to give me the feedback and my meeting is tomorrow.
So she will send it tonight after Ive logged off for the day, the means I have 2 hours to go through it and go into meeting.
How fair is that? She always says if I want to discuss anything she has raised ahead of the meeting to let her know.
Pretty sure she doesnt do it to other staff just me.
My old manager was based in the US and she used to do this to me every frickin’ annual review. Hope yours goes well tomorrow.

The 0.5 camera trend when people have their literal arm stuck in the air but then record as if they don’t know there’s a camera there? Or people running but their arm is up in the air?
omg ppl vlogging on YT while running. if they passed me they'd capture me behind them pissing myself laughing at them and how egotistical/stupid they look
---
I've been no contact with my mum for my whole adult life. At 15 I moved to live with my aunt because my mum got a boyfriend and prioritised that, saying if I didn't move out she wouldn't have a relationship.

Trigger warning: I talk about abusive things she did to me growing up and I put it behind a spoiler in case it triggers anyone.
HUGS so much of this resonates wth me. My mother over the last few yrs before she died couldn't see what I saw about the way she and my dad treated me.. and appeared to have selective memory loss. My story is not the same as yours and no siblings but much is familiar. MY BF is lovely but he could never understand why I had no relationship with my family as he came from sucha loving and devoted one
---
In on about when it’s hot and they still wear them, I know it’s not red hot today but the other year when it was 30 odd I saw loads of em.

We wouldn’t be British if we didn’t complain about the weather it’s what we are good at lol
ah so not just me baffled about why the asians of all ages are wandering about in fleeces. jumpers, thick cardigans. coats etc... sounds like a similar example.. i mean i do get why Muslims etcmay have to cover up but a long sleeved cotton or linen sirt surely not a full length puffer
---
Around me at least it's because the weather is changeable and it's not just going girls, it's people of all ages and genders.

I'm always cold tbh and yeah I eat healthy, I'm not gonna get fat though just so I can sit comfortably in an air conditioned office 😅 I'm more like why do people complain about the heat when it's barely over 20 degrees or not even
to be fair some ppls bodies and science and personal experience backs this up do NOT take well to heat. itsnot as hot as it has been but already I am sleepy, uncomfy. less productive etc.

Last edited:
There is one person in the team I work in who so clearly thinks the work that they are being given to do is beneath them. Time and time again, I am being added into emails when they haven’t actioned stuff and they aren’t mine to manage.

I keep sharing this with the manager this person reports in to but it keeps happening. I’m actually sick of it because the problem doesn’t get resolved.

I called this person out today in a roundabout way in front of the heads of the team because I’m sick of it. Something needs to be done. I’m at the point where I’m going to trawl through all the emails I’ve had for every incident and log them on a working document and then each time it happens raise it with the manager and each time it happens again and again raise it with concerns that it’s not being resolved before taking it higher.

It wouldn’t bother me but what pisses me off the most is people coming to me when it’s not done because they know they’ll get a response (even if it’s not me actioning it, but at least getting someone to action).

Incompetence above me and below me is driving me up the wall.

P.s. I know I sound like a jobsworth but when you’ve got people paid more than you doing nothing and you feel the squeeze the most because of it, it wears thin quickly

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
There is one person in the team I work in who so clearly thinks the work that they are being given to do is beneath them. Time and time again, I am being added into emails when the haven’t actioned stuff and they aren’t mine to manage.

I keep sharing this with the manager this person reports in to but it keeps happening. I’m actually sick of it because the problem doesn’t get resolved.

I called this person out today in a roundabout way in front of the heads of the team because I’m sick of it. Something needs to be done. I’m at the point where I’m going to trawl through all the emails I’ve had for every incident and log them on a working document and then each time it happens raise it with the manager and each time it happens again and again raise it with concerns that it’s not being resolved before taking it higher.

It wouldn’t bother me but what pisses me off the most is people coming to me when it’s not done because they know they’ll get a response (even if it’s not me actioning it, but at least getting someone to action).

P.s. I know I sound like a jobsworth but when you’ve got people paid more than you doing nothing it wears and you feel the squeeze the most because of it, it wears thin quickly
I've been on both ends of this scale. Being badly trained and just not getting it, and unrolling my mind all the time to a colleague to try make sense of things. Management patting me on the head when I was asking to go on a proper course. Colleague then reported me out of frustration. Then I finally got on a course after 2 years of asking! Within 30 minutes on the course I understood exactly where I'd been trained wrong...
I ended up being the sage of the building.
But I ended up leaving when I realised that most people cherry pick and I was getting dumped with stuff I'd never been trained for.... and criticized for being slow, as I was not cherry picking the easy stuff just doing my caseload.
I go to work to do a job not to learn how to be sneaky...😏

Reactions: 4
There is one person in the team I work in who so clearly thinks the work that they are being given to do is beneath them. Time and time again, I am being added into emails when they haven’t actioned stuff and they aren’t mine to manage.

P.s. I know I sound like a jobsworth but when you’ve got people paid more than you doing nothing and you feel the squeeze the most because of it, it wears thin quickly
This sounds like my team. There are a few people who do sweet FA and used to be able to hide it because we had more team members who have left and haven’t been replaced so naturally everyone has more work to do and now they’re moaning they actually have to do some work 🙄 They have nothing good to say about our employer and have been like this for years so you’d think they’d leave? Quite clearly they haven’t because they know they’ve got it cushy doing the bare minimum. I’m a senior admin on my team so I’m suppose to help with the workload while my manager does the people management side of things but my job role has been slowly changing and now I have to do some people management and I hate it, I hate confrontation 😅

Anyway what I actually came to moan about, it’s too hot and we should be like the Spanish because a siesta would be amazing about now.

Reactions: 8
My direct report is getting on my nerves, actually.

she is in her thirties but despite having moved countries and being grown up enough to own her own place etc she is ridiculously immature in other ways and it’s driving me crazy.

we asked her to present a paper to our board recently and she acted like we’d asked her to jump out of a plane without any training or parachute.

we handheld her the whole way through and she kept whipping herself into a frenzy over it - and it didn’t matter what any one else said to her, she was argumentative every time we tried to give her reassurance and calm her down.

Then she gave a perfectly good and competent presentation on the paper. Afterwards she was told well done by several senior people - but apparently that was a pity well done? I got quite cross with her and told her every time she doesn’t accept the feedback she discredits it and the board may as well not bother saying anything. I feel like what she is really after is attention and she gets more of it by feigning patheticness than acting competent so she chooses to act like a school girl who is about to get her head chopped off.

my head is about to explode

• Heart
hate to sound callous and uncaring/insensitive but this.. Mother of girl, 15, who died of allergic reaction blasts Snickers ad (msn.com)

That girl ate something that she could very well have taken her own food as people have been doing for years in these type of circumstances. i even know veggies and vegans that always do. Yes its sad and tragic and understandably this is an issue that she is going be concerned with BUT

and i know this as it was prompted bythe somewhat OTT behaviour of someone with a nut allergy in one of my previous posts. the entire floor of a huge building was made nuts free - making the dietary choices of hundreds restricted along with any social events for dept, there were and I once counted over 32 signs in and around the floor and dept nut free zone etc, about 6 of these on one desk,her allocated desk which was covered in HUGE industrial packs of cleaning wipes etc etc etc. also everyone joining the dept had to do mandatory epipen training

The girl never came in. in several months she came into office once for a team away day. as far as i can work outfrom her story she had one incident as a child and it has made her paranoid every since,

I looked this up on the Anaphylaxis (sp?) UK site..among others...

Peanuts in the air - clinical and experimental studies - PubMed (nih.gov)
ITS NOT AIRBORNE!! Even if she was sitting in the desk behind me and I'd had pb&j at lunch unless I was snogging her she'd have been fine..

do i need to mention shes what? mid 20s?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

she is in her thirties but despite having moved countries and being grown up enough to own her own place etc she is ridiculously immature in other ways and it’s driving me crazy.

we asked her to present a paper to our board recently and she acted like we’d asked her to jump out of a plane without any training or parachute.

we handheld her the whole way through and she kept whipping herself into a frenzy over it - and it didn’t matter what any one else said to her, she was argumentative every time we tried to give her reassurance and calm her down.

Then she gave a perfectly good and competent presentation on the paper. Afterwards she was told well done by several senior people - but apparently that was a pity well done? I got quite cross with her and told her every time she doesn’t accept the feedback she discredits it and the board may as well not bother saying anything. I feel like what she is really after is attention and she gets more of it by feigning patheticness than acting competent so she chooses to act like a school girl who is about to get her head chopped off.

My Direct is currently doing the whole putting something on his spacebar then chipping off for extended periods of time, then answering messages and calls on his phone. Which is great until I want him to do something that requires the laptop. He's related to one of the Directors, so trying to feedback and coach around the issues before having to go down the PIP route. I'll feedback, and there will be a flurry of productivity for a week, then back to slacking. :mad:

• Sad
  • Wow

when its not hotter than Hades I will tell you all about the behaviour of my line manager. i seriously wonder about the workplace activity of a lot of folks in life

Reactions: 2