What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had issue with them before buying stuff online and then them cancelling the order a couple of days later. Happened on 3 different occasions now and all items that had a big points offer/discount on. Each time claiming issue with payment card. Then when I’ve tried to buy again the offer is finished. I just go elsewhere now CBA with the hassle

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I swear shops have become such an unpleasant experience. It’s like they know the High Street is on it’s last legs and no-one gives a tit anymore.

The shops are a mess, there’s always random alarms going off (ahem Sainsbury’s!), constant tannoys with ear-splitting squeaks from the sound system (Zara last week), back to back ads (Superdrug bleeping radio) and feral kids.

Noise pollution aside, the shops are a MESS, there’s always crap everywhere and sizes out of stock. Then you go in the changing rooms, half of them are being used as storage and the rest have dust plumes rolling along the floor.
Nothing about shopping is nice anymore, I used to love it and spend all my teen years in Topshop and New Look. Now I just shop online….

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Boots stores have been grim for a long time. Dingy, badly laid out, rubbish stock choice. There’s a big store near me and despite being huge it’s got the worst stock I’ve ever seen in a store that size. They don‘t even have a pharmacy any more because the pharmacist left and they decided not to get another one.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m a lecturer and I wanna rant about the amount of chances we give students to resit, support through their assessments, emails etc to get no response and then when they are withdrawn they appear from the woodwork and want to stay! I’d do anyrhing for my students - I’m young and I remember how tough uni is, but it sucks when some students appear to not want to study at all but just get the student finance 🫠🫠
I'm an AHP and we've seen a huge change in the attitude that *some* of our students on placement have. Disinterest in the subject, disinterest in the placement, disinterest in doing anything proactive on placement, downright rude sometimes.

Reactions: 8
Not so much of a rant but where the hell has July come from?! I feel like it's snuck up out of nowhere and now my unorganised self has a couple of days to find a suit for my son for his prom. I've asked him what style/ colour he's after. His reply? Err I dunno, black or grey or blue, I dunno. I hope NEXT have seats and air-conditioning. It's gonna be a long few hours.

Reactions: 15
Noise pollution aside, the shops are a MESS, there’s always crap everywhere and sizes out of stock. Then you go in the changing rooms, half of them are being used as storage and the rest have dust plumes rolling along the floor.
Nothing about shopping is nice anymore, I used to love it and spend all my teen years in Topshop and New Look. Now I just shop online….
I worked in GAP and Next when I was a student. There were loads of us working at any one time on obvious things like restocking and tills, but there were roles on the schedule to literally keep the stock on the floor looking perfect, or to assist customers in finding things.

I know things have changed, as personally I HATE someone 'helping me' in stores, but FFS keep the shop clean and tidy!

Reactions: 3
Dealing with a "client" in work. What do I do to get X. Ok do this this this and this. Explain each step in detail and link to relevant section of website.
Then they say no Im going to do it my way.
Ok thats wrong but work away.
Then they say they have looked everywhere and cant find it and I need to list the 50 things for them.
How about no. You know more about my job than me, work away do your thing but dont cry to me when its rejected for being completely incorrect.
So not in mood for people today.

Ridiculous resale concert ticket prices! Seeing people charge £300 when it literally says they paid £85 originally! I wouldn't be mad if they rounded it up a little bit but around 3x? Crazy
It's Coldplay, not the eras tour 😭😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Neighbours dog underneath me does NOT shut up barking for hours whenever they leave the flat. They are aware their dog does this as they said to me, sorry about the dog barking. Ok. So, it's just going to continue then? It's an old dog i don't understand why it would still be doing that. It's extremely annoying. I kind of feel sorry for it but the constant no break of barking is too much. 😩!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
School mums who have to out-do each other at end of term. One suggests a prom, another suggests a disco bus ON THE WAY to the prom. Another wants a "pre-prom/disco bus beauty spa date". They're 12. At this rate, they'll be going to the moon on a stretch rocket with led lights and banging music 😵💫🤯. My kid just wants to get the hell out of school 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Strawberry legs. No matter what I do I can’t get rid of it! I have nice toned long legs and should be confident of them but I’m so embarrassed to get them out 😩 exfoliation them makes them more irritated and itchy so can’t even do that to try and help. I just wanna get my legs out in the sun!

Have come down with something. Hopefully just a summer cold and not Covid. After what I went through last summer with getting not just Covid but a secondary infection and doctors refusing to help me for a month until I got finally got to talk to someone who showed some humanity, I am trying not to worry.

Still, being under the weather is not fun regardless. Time to break out the ginger tea!

• Sad
Taxi drivers making comments about how much food shopping I'm loading up. Sorry I'm trying to do a big shop so I don't have to go back in for a while 🙄 the comments come across as little digs/judgement and I suffer with anxiety, I might be being silly but they just wind me up.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Taxi drivers making comments about how much food shopping I'm loading up. Sorry I'm trying to do a big shop so I don't have to go back in for a while 🙄 the comments come across as little digs/judgement and I suffer with anxiety, I might be being silly but they just wind me up.
Am sure they’re just making conversation. A bit like when you get into a taxi and can’t help but say to them ‘been busy tonight’ or ‘what time do you get off’ I honestly wouldn’t read too much into it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've had taxi drivers overstep boundaries, it is very awkward. One asked me what therapy I was getting once. I couldn't imagine being so invasive.

• Wow
Some definitely aren't making conversation, a snooty "oh, you feeding the 5000 are you?" With a dismissive nose in the air. I accept some are and I'm just sensitive!

I've had taxi drivers overstep boundaries, it is very awkward. One asked me what therapy I was getting once. I couldn't imagine being so invasive.
One asked me out on a date when I was coming back from the hospital after suffering a MH episode. Safe to say I declined.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I know it's primark and it doesn't mean anything but I'm equal parts cross and upset. I went shopping today for a few summer bits and nothing in the size 16 would fit me. I'm over a stone down and I started at a size 14/16. I know I've lost inches so really disheartening to have to consider trying on an 18 now

• Sad
Reactions: 15