What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it's primark and it doesn't mean anything but I'm equal parts cross and upset. I went shopping today for a few summer bits and nothing in the size 16 would fit me. I'm over a stone down and I started at a size 14/16. I know I've lost inches so really disheartening to have to consider trying on an 18 now
It does mean something to everyone sizes are getting stupidly out it. I can be 3 different sizes in primark and one in asda

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I know it's primark and it doesn't mean anything but I'm equal parts cross and upset. I went shopping today for a few summer bits and nothing in the size 16 would fit me. I'm over a stone down and I started at a size 14/16. I know I've lost inches so really disheartening to have to consider trying on an 18 now
I always go up a size or two in Primark (and the cut out the label) Then a couple of weeks ago a top swamped me and I went down 2 sizes but tried on the matching trousers and could have made a pair of shorts out of what I would have had to have cut off the bottom of the legs. There is no reasoning with their sizes.
---
It does mean something to everyone sizes are getting stupidly out it. I can be 3 different sizes in primark and one in asda
Our Asda has closed the changing room so I have stopped looking at their clothes.

Reactions: 12
Enough with the influencers, sick of it. I've ranted about this already, so apologies as it's now a ReRant. :)

Reactions: 19
I always go up a size or two in Primark (and the cut out the label) Then a couple of weeks ago a top swamped me and I went down 2 sizes but tried on the matching trousers and could have made a pair of shorts out of what I would have had to have cut off the bottom of the legs. There is no reasoning with their sizes.
---

Our Asda has closed the changing room so I have stopped looking at their clothes.
I’ve just got to the point now that I’m like do I like it, does it fit well and bugger it to the actual size…they mean nothing now, my wardrobe is a 10-20. I do like the new hack of working out it trousers/jeans/shorts will fit by seeing if they fit round your neck, my brain struggles to work out how it works, but it does 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve just got to the point now that I’m like do I like it, does it fit well and bugger it to the actual size…they mean nothing now, my wardrobe is a 10-20. I do like the new hack of working out it trousers/jeans/shorts will fit by seeing if they fit round your neck, my brain struggles to work out how it works, but it does 😂
What's the hack?

Reactions: 1
That would scare the life out of me. Even if he's fine but socially awkward, how horrifically inappropriate.
Maybe he thought it was a way to pick up women but it was so inappropriate. I was so tired and I didn't really think about it at the time but wish I had reported him.

Reactions: 2
sending you love because you’ve made excellent progress! Primark are just consistently tit with sizing, try not let it get you down too much ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
---

I buy and try on in toilets there know it's gross but I've walked miles to it I'm not finding out doesn't fit to walk miles back

Reactions: 3
Primark is all over the place size wise, always has been. A few years ago (when I was much thinner than I am now) i bought a dress, shorts and and trousers from Primark within the space of a week or so. The dress was a 14, shorts were a 16 and the trousers were a 12. The shorts were tight, the dress fitted ok, and the trousers were a bit loose!
---
Our Asda closed their changing rooms (and the cafe) during Covid and never reopened either. Our Tesco also doesn't have changing rooms any more.

• Sad
Just settled down to watch some rubbish TV after a long, exhausting, stressful day, and OH’s dad has called him for a chat.
Which is absolutely fine. Except I’m trying to watch something and F-i-L is a bit deaf, so OH is talking at the top of his voice, and I’ve had to pause the TV and wait for the call to end.
Like - take your phone into another room!!!! 😡 😂

Reactions: 10
Just settled down to watch some rubbish TV after a long, exhausting, stressful day, and OH’s dad has called him for a chat.
Which is absolutely fine. Except I’m trying to watch something and F-i-L is a bit deaf, so OH is talking at the top of his voice, and I’ve had to pause the TV and wait for the call to end.
I hate that haha for some reason hearing someone talk on the phone is the same as hearing snoring- my mind can't focus on anything else!

Reactions: 11
OMFG my husband does this too. He and MiL have to speak every night (a whole other bugbear) but her hearing isn’t what it was and she refuses to accept it. So we’re sitting there and he’s TALKING REALLY LOUDLY. I nudge him and he lowers his voice for about 30 seconds then it starts getting louder and louder then I have to hiss ‘TALK QUIETLY’. Eventually I have to leave the room.

Anxiety is such a difficult thing to deal with. I literally got myself so worked up over this situation it has entirely consumed my mind for weeks and this morning the day finally came and I could feel my heart racing in my chest. My mouth goes dry and I constantly need the toilet it’s like my body goes into overdrive

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I refuse to shop there now as it’s so ridiculous. The issue is they are now catering to the preteen/teenager market within the adult range. Therefore what used to be a child’s size “age 12-13/13/14” is now in the adults range as a size 6 for an Age 12-13, 8 for Age 13-14 etc. Therefore all the old sizing has moved up to accommodate this as no self respecting teenager these days would be caught dead shopping in the kids section. I used to be a size 10 but now I’m anything from a 12,14 or a 16 for trousers. That’s why usually the cheaper the brand the more they duck about with sizes as again they are catering to the teenager market price wise.

Personally I’ve found that the more expensive shops tend to have what I feel are the “correct” sizes. Forget crappy primark and go and treat yourself for losing so much weight! That is a fabulous achievement and your body deserves better than bloody crappy primark sizing! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My daughter promised me a lie in today. 6.45am is not a lie in.

My mums back in hospital as she couldn't breathe and turns out she's got an LBBB so probably needs a pacemaker fitted now and ugh the stress 😭 I'm gonna have a mental breakdown

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
There's a vow renewal taking place this weekend on my husband's side of the family, he didn't want to go but today it transpires instead of a polite 'No thank you' he told everyone we were going away. He now fully expects us to spend all weekend hiding in the house like borrowers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
There's a vow renewal taking place this weekend on my husband's side of the family, he didn't want to go but today it transpires instead of a polite 'No thank you' he told everyone we were going away. He now fully expects us to spend all weekend hiding in the house like borrowers.
Go out without him and if you see anyone tell them he was unwell so you cancelled the weekend away. So he has to stay homes but you can go out if you want since it was his fault you have to stay in 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Priority Ticketing . Huge fan of a Broadway show that is having 2 10 yr reunion shows in a cabaret venue. they have 5 repeat 5 levels of ticketing before they go on sale to the general public. they went on general sale yesterday. literally on the dot to a single second they had sold out with myself and a large number of OG stans losing out. We heavily suspect that no actual tickets went on general sale .

In the meantime they are posting all their socials Twitter, IG Facebook that general sale tickets are now on sale! so naturally myself and several other huge fans of the show post comments about this ticket issue.Note today they have removed the post where the comments are so nobody can see they are being criticisised.

a globally known name will be appearing and we suspect what had happened here is that priority members of the venue have bought up tickets on that basis . Suspect that there are no actual real fans of the show attending because if you took out this global name, there would be plenty of tickets left for genuine lovers of the show. Given that this is marketed as a reunion of the show with 99.9 per cent of the original cast in attendance in aid of the onecast member who has serious medical issues, its disgusting to exclude real fans of the show.

The arts should not be for the rich elite only .They enrich all our lives.

• Sad
Reactions: 8