What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got shoulder length hair, it's thick so I've had an undercut for a few years. Only get it cut every 10-12 weeks & husband trims undercut for me once in that time with electric trimmer.

He made a bit of a pigs ear of it last time so I was a bit wary of asking again, but I won't need a cut for a few weeks yet, so needs must.

Every single time, I say just make sure you can't see my scalp, ok. Yes, understood dear.

He moaned that he couldn't use the trimmer guide "as it's not cutting anything'". OK, take it off, you're the one doing it!

He's bleeping scalped me! Apparently I have a dipped line at the back of my head, I'm sure many do, I have never seen this as hair covered it! Back of my head now looks like the arse of a pot bellied pig!

He can't understand why I'm so angry & upset 😤
😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
School mums who have to out-do each other at end of term. One suggests a prom, another suggests a disco bus ON THE WAY to the prom. Another wants a "pre-prom/disco bus beauty spa date". They're 12. At this rate, they'll be going to the moon on a stretch rocket with led lights and banging music 😵💫🤯. My kid just wants to get the hell out of school 🤣🤣
The kid opposite us went to prom - they hired TWO Ferraris, got about 25 people out to take photos, then the date showed up looking like he was going to a wedding in Santorini. Crazy!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Wish people would just think before they speak, had so many insensitive comments recently towards my situation. I know they mean no harm but Christ, think about what you’re saying and how it might come across

Reactions: 9
Spending time with people I normally love is making me feel terrible lately. It's like I can't look at anything or anyone without only focusing on the bad parts. I spend time with my family and my partner and all I can think about is how miserable I feel with them.
They haven't changed, I have. I can't cherish them anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Can people please do their jobs properly? Originally told virgin media I was moving today, told them Thursday it had changed and the earliest they could do was the 16th...they still disconnected me today but failed to tell me

Phoned virgin to ask them to reconnect me. Phoned again to be told they "forgot" to reconnect me

What a waste of a day. And I was on hold for 40 odd minutes

Reactions: 2
Sounds a bit chavtastic!
Oh it totally was 🙈 the dress and hairdo was very Gypsy Weddings….

This wasn’t a thing in my day, our prom was 2009 when tulip dresses were in. No ballgowns for us - we all looked like we were going to a summer wedding/BBQ.

Reactions: 3
Flaky friends

The whole "oh there's some friends that you don't speak to for months and then they pop up and it's like you never stopped talking" thing is just lowkey a bit toxic imo (a lot of the time anyway)

A lot of the time one of the people is flaky and won't follow up through plans or disappear and not appear until they need something. It's frankly just really tiring

Flaky friends

The whole "oh there's some friends that you don't speak to for months and then they pop up and it's like you never stopped talking" thing is just lowkey a bit toxic imo (a lot of the time anyway)

A lot of the time one of the people is flaky and won't follow up through plans or disappear and not appear until they need something. It's frankly just really tiring
I've started to "match the energy" of friends that do this. It's so hurtful to be putting in a lot of energy to friendships when they don't reply or make any sort of effort whatsoever.

My husband is annoying me this morning. He's the kind of guy who, once he reads a study or something, imprints it on his brain FOREVER. It's a scientific fact, and that will stay in his brain FOREVER. It's his way or the highway.
He was saying he read a study saying there are no real benefits to long holidays, and that is why he doesn't want to do long holidays - two weeks, etc. I'm like, I want to do a long holiday, and if he doesn't, I be happy to go on my own - might get some peace.

Then he was spouting bullshit about psychics and telling me that they offer no bleeping real benefits and they won't tell me anything real or anything factual; I was arguing that there do, and I have met some amazing spooky psychic readers. Studies have shown 'blah blah blah' - FFS STFU and let me have my fun and my own bleeping peace of mind.

Ahhhhhh

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
My husband is annoying me this morning. He's the kind of guy who, once he reads a study or something, imprints it on his brain FOREVER. It's a scientific fact, and that will stay in his brain FOREVER. It's his way or the highway.
He was saying he read a study saying there are no real benefits to long holidays, and that is why he doesn't want to do long holidays - two weeks, etc. I'm like, I want to do a long holiday, and if he doesn't, I be happy to go on my own - might get some peace.

Then he was spouting bullshit about psychics and telling me that they offer no bleeping real benefits and they won't tell me anything real or anything factual; I was arguing that there do, and I have met some amazing spooky psychic readers. Studies have shown 'blah blah blah' - FFS STFU and let me have my fun and my own bleeping peace of mind.

Ahhhhhh
Maybe use some scientific facts on something he does that's bad for him or something else that annoys you for him to stop so you can either benefit from if he does or say you still do xx so I can have a long holiday

I've started doing the cleaning timer hack again but set it for 2hours clean today to do a clean of house I disappointed in myself of only getting 3bedrooms, dining room and living room done the house was alot more of a mess than I thought

Reactions: 3
So, I know the Telegraph has certain biases and will be using this story to push an agenda but it still absolutely boils my piss to see Dolly Parton, one of the sweetest and kindest and most accepting people alive, as far as we can tell, be accused of all these things by Jennifer Stone.

This person is everything wrong with academia in the 21st century and an utter disgrace who will do more harm than good. What is wrong with these people!!!

• Sad
  • Wow
So, I know the Telegraph has certain biases and will be using this story to push an agenda but it still absolutely boils my piss to see Dolly Parton, one of the sweetest and kindest and most accepting people alive, as far as we can tell, be accused of all these things by Jennifer Stone.

This person is everything wrong with academia in the 21st century and an utter disgrace who will do more harm than good. What is wrong with these people!!!

Urgh Dolly has probably done more to improve literacy than most academics could dream of! Some people just get off on pulling others down to try and raise their own profile. I think the majority would see right through this with the profile Dolly already has, like you said she just comes across as the sweetest lady!

Reactions: 15
I am really annoyed that I’m feeling so insecure and comparing myself to women in their early 20s. Just wish I looked like that still :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11