What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My work’s security alarm went off all weekend and we’ve had the most abusive messages imaginable from people who live in the village. Not one of these people did anything except from trying to give us a call on a line which said it was closed, except for someone who put a message on the Facebook group to the village which I eventually saw and allowed us to sort it out. We’ve got fully covered Keysafe cover so our security people should have told us, and sorted it out themselves but for some reason they didn’t.

I can appreciate it’s annoying but it genuinely wasn’t our fault yet we’re getting he abuse
You should probably have an out of hours emergency number for people to contact if nobody at the business get’s alerts that the alarm is going off.
We have two assigned people who’ll get alerts if the company alarm is going off

Reactions: 7
You should probably have an out of hours emergency number for people to contact if nobody at the business get’s alerts that the alarm is going off.
We have two assigned people who’ll get alerts if the company alarm is going off
So our security company is paid to do this, i.e. our alarm should signal them, they will then attempt contact on our board of directors or failing that, they send out an engineer who has our key and enters the property to reset the alarm.

The neighbours directly either side of us (residential) also have our partner's number for emergencies like this but neither of them called for whatever reason :( I do feel bad for the people who had to listen to it this weekend though!

Reactions: 5
Got home from work and the downstairs neighbours baby Mumma has parked in my space so I'm on the road! It's a drive that fits 2 cars so they could easily just have doubled up on their side! 😤

Reactions: 1
Lack of basic manners at our workplace despite it being in the code of conduct etc.... I found out today my contract is not being extended... via a automated email from IT
---
Newbies next door are gutting the place.

Just when I got rid of the worst of the noise, dust and chaos in my own house I get it all over again in a way.

Being sick of not being able to talk, hear myself think, etc. I'm being a brat because these things are just part of life but I wish they weren't... or that I was at least wealthy and could bugger off somewhere for the duration like some are able to.
i just do not get ppl who do this. we live in a block of effectively one room studio flats with tiny bathroom and kitchen. every single day there is someone doing some sort of diy from basic drilling to gutting the place. Its just one room if you don't like it move in somewhere else. The flat across the hall from us moved in gutted the place, installed kitchen style cupboards the whole length of the flat and then moved out. if i'd been the nice chap that moved in I'd have had to rip those monstrosities out ..

• Wow
  • Sad
About 18 months ago, a house up the road had a new kitchen and bathroom fitted. Shortly after, they put it on the market. There were 2 others up for sale at the same time, all similar prices, but that was the nicest. (I like a nosey on Rightmove.)

The people who bought it have moved in and ripped out the practically brand new kitchen and bathroom. I don't get why you would buy the nicer of the 3 houses then rip out all the new stuff?? Why not pick one that needed doing anyway?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
People in my stair moan about door to door sellers but then buzz them in... my buzzer is on privacy unless I'm expecting someone.

Took my kid to a splash park today and there were so many kids running around in just a nappy or underwear. We were there at midday too so those poor kids will be getting skin damage from the sun. Also you don’t know what kind of nonce might be watching.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Made a new friend. Her house is beautiful, new extension, landscaped etc.

Dreading returning the invite to our "lived in" home, threadbare lawn and eye catching nettle patches... 🫣

I love my house I really do, and I have a lot to be grateful for. Realistically I have no time or money for cosmetic improvements.

I probably could deal with the nettles though.

I am annoyed with myself for comparing and not just being grateful for a roof over my head and am trying to give myself a mental slap!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Took my kid to a splash park today and there were so many kids running around in just a nappy or underwear. We were there at midday too so those poor kids will be getting skin damage from the sun. Also you don’t know what kind of nonce might be watching.
I don't get this to be honest. I live in a southern European country and the only kids you see wearing full on wetsuits on the beach are German tourists (who are usually extremely pale so I get that they might need extra protection from the sun). All the other kids just wear normal swim shorts or bikini bottoms, or a nappy if they still use them. In fact when I was little, in the early 2000s, it was normal for very young toddlers, aged 2 and under, to just be completely naked on the beach.

June bugs 🤢 😱
Great big flying beetle things who make horrible rattling noise with their wings 🤢
One has just dropped down our chimney so I’ve taken refuge in another room while OH deals with it. They make my flesh crawl.

Reactions: 3
Lack of basic manners at our workplace despite it being in the code of conduct etc.... I found out today my contract is not being extended... via a automated email from IT
---

i just do not get ppl who do this. we live in a block of effectively one room studio flats with tiny bathroom and kitchen. every single day there is someone doing some sort of diy from basic drilling to gutting the place. Its just one room if you don't like it move in somewhere else. The flat across the hall from us moved in gutted the place, installed kitchen style cupboards the whole length of the flat and then moved out. if i'd been the nice chap that moved in I'd have had to rip those monstrosities out ..
It seems to have become the standard. People buy somewhere and just totally renovate everything inside and out, whether the property needs it or not. Usually turning lovely older buildings into grey/black prison looking horror shows and making the interior open plan just because everyone else is doing it. I mean to each their own but it depresses me.

I don't get this to be honest. I live in a southern European country and the only kids you see wearing full on wetsuits on the beach are German tourists (who are usually extremely pale so I get that they might need extra protection from the sun). All the other kids just wear normal swim shorts or bikini bottoms, or a nappy if they still use them. In fact when I was little, in the early 2000s, it was normal for very young toddlers, aged 2 and under, to just be completely naked on the beach.
I’m guessing but probably because they naively believe their olive skin is getting tanned and not damaged? I have family that live in southern Spain and they barely put sun cream on their kid and it makes me cringe. Not my place to say anything though. My daughter, like me and probably most Brits? Have fair skin so we need to cover up in the sun, especially at midday.

I’m guessing but probably because they naively believe their olive skin is getting tanned and not damaged? I have family that live in southern Spain and they barely put sun cream on their kid and it makes me cringe. Not my place to say anything though. My daughter, like me and probably most Brits? Have fair skin so we need to cover up in the sun, especially at midday.
We do use sunscreen. And we avoid the sun during the hottest hours. You probably don't need to be fully covered on top of that.
Not all of us have olive skin either.

Reactions: 4
It seems to have become the standard. People buy somewhere and just totally renovate everything inside and out, whether the property needs it or not. Usually turning lovely older buildings into grey/black prison looking horror shows and making the interior open plan just because everyone else is doing it. I mean to each their own but it depresses me.
I’m glad it’s not just me!
Where I live the houses have particular characteristics in keeping with the area.
Yet people rip out all the features inside, as you say, and a few of them have tried to modernise the outsides as well, making them (imo) absolutely characterless.
Each to their own, as you say, but some people make so many changes, I wonder why they bought the house in the first place!

clothes and laundry! is it the clothes i’m buying? my machine or the laundry detergent but i find everything stains. i’m spraying vanish constantly on any small mark on whites cause if i don’t it doesn’t wash out, i have a dark grey t-shirt and a hoodie both with stains after some food being spilled on them.
i’m fed up having to throw stuff out or reduce it to cleaning clothes or gym clothes.

Type 1 teenager and heat do not make a happy atmosphere, sensors falling off , numbers all over the place and 1 grumpy daughter dictating yhe mood in the house

• Sad
  • Heart
clothes and laundry! is it the clothes i’m buying? my machine or the laundry detergent but i find everything stains. i’m spraying vanish constantly on any small mark on whites cause if i don’t it doesn’t wash out, i have a dark grey t-shirt and a hoodie both with stains after some food being spilled on them.
i’m fed up having to throw stuff out or reduce it to cleaning clothes or gym clothes.
I used to have that when I used powder . I think it was on here that people suggested I switch to liquid. The powder doesn't dissolve properly on the quick or low temp washes.

I rub a bit washing up liquid on stains , leave it for a bit , then rinse it off before washing. That gets rid of greasy marks . It needs rinsed or it bubbles up in in the washer.

Reactions: 3