What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I opened my sun visor whilst driving this morning and a huge spider was there. I’m traumatised.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Bloody moths. They've damaged the carpet quite badly in my dining room and several of my books (I have several hundred books in that room but thankfully only 3 or 4 were damaged. Last weekend I pulled out all the furniture in there and cleaned/ sprayed everything with a vinegar/ water mix, I've also been vacuuming the whole house every day or at least every other day (and spraying the carpets too) and I'm still finding them, mainly in that room but also elsewhere in the house - on the walls and also in the carpet. I've put cedar blocks round the house as well, also lavender air freshener and actual moth killer and the keep coming. It's s really getting me down, my house feels dirty 😢
Same, I got them due to a forgotten box of dried fruit, I think they are the ones that eat grain but nothing helps and I don't want to smell moth balls just to be rid of them. It's not an infestation but it annoys me whenever I see one flying about. I wish they'd just perish. I'm thinking of carrying a bucket full if spiders inside so they can act like natural moth control.

If you don't have pets, you can drop some lavender or cedar oil on the carpets, I don't know if it's a solution but it helps for a while.

Reactions: 2
Would anyone be interested in a job hunting/recruiters rant thread? I feel I only ever come on here to rant about this and don’t want to clog this thread constantly.

however for the time being, currently job hunting and have had 5 calls about jobs now where they sheepishly explain the salary that they didn’t advertise is entry level (for reference I have 7 and a half years experience in my industry) and the job adverts never ever say entry level. I cannot believe how low the salaries they are trying to get away with paying are. And they know it, which is why it’s hidden!!

Reactions: 7
I'd have crashed my damn car tbh
Nearly did. Pulled off the road and was trying to intercept it with a crisp packet whilst crying. Cars swerving around me the lot 😬

Did a long drive yesterday, my visitor may have been with me since then…

• Wow
  • Sick
Same, I got them due to a forgotten box of dried fruit, I think they are the ones that eat grain but nothing helps and I don't want to smell moth balls just to be rid of them. It's not an infestation but it annoys me whenever I see one flying about. I wish they'd just perish. I'm thinking of carrying a bucket full if spiders inside so they can act like natural moth control.

If you don't have pets, you can drop some lavender or cedar oil on the carpets, I don't know if it's a solution but it helps for a while.
I've put down cedar blocks. Will try cedar (and lavender) oil as well. Sticky traps also arriving tomorrow.

I hate spiders but I've been ignoring any I find in the hope they will tackle the moth issue but that doesn't seem to be working so far.

Reactions: 4
I've put down cedar blocks. Will try cedar (and lavender) oil as well. Sticky traps also arriving tomorrow.

I hate spiders but I've been ignoring any I find in the hope they will tackle the moth issue but that doesn't seem to be working so far.
I’ve found in the past that cedar oil in an oil burner seemed to drive them out of where they were hiding.
I hate the smell of it but it seems they do too!

Reactions: 3
I opened my sun visor whilst driving this morning and a huge spider was there. I’m traumatised.
Ahh, this happened to me a few years ago, when I was going 50 down a dual carriage way. How I'm alive today I don't know.

I was driving home from work one day when I pulled the sun visor down after just getting onto this (2 mile) stretch of dual carriageway. Huge duck off spider pops down. I freak but somehow manage to not swerve or brake and just about manage to get the window open and flap towards it to get it out. It doesn't work, it starts crawling up the window so I indicate and luckily was just by a rest area. Rolled the window down and managed to get the fucker out of my car, whilst sobbing.

Sat there and sobbed for 10 - 15 minutes with the engine off and the radio on, trying to calm down so I could drive back home.

Tried to turn the key... and the car wouldn't start. I had to call the RAC, and trek 40 minutes along this dual carriage way to get to a McDonalds as I was busting for a wee. The RAC man turned up 4 hours later, laughed at me, fitted a new battery and told me I was lucky as it'd have happened in heavy traffic otherwise as my battery was fucked.

Two weeks later I totalled the car on a roundabout 3 miles from that dual carriageway, wasted all my money on the new battery as it was written off. (y)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

My cats are far more efficient at catching and killing moths than any spider I've ever had in the house!

Reactions: 5
Ahh, this happened to me a few years ago, when I was going 50 down a dual carriage way. How I'm alive today I don't know.

I was driving home from work one day when I pulled the sun visor down after just getting onto this (2 mile) stretch of dual carriageway. Huge duck off spider pops down. I freak but somehow manage to not swerve or brake and just about manage to get the window open and flap towards it to get it out. It doesn't work, it starts crawling up the window so I indicate and luckily was just by a rest area. Rolled the window down and managed to get the fucker out of my car, whilst sobbing.

Sat there and sobbed for 10 - 15 minutes with the engine off and the radio on, trying to calm down so I could drive back home.

Tried to turn the key... and the car wouldn't start. I had to call the RAC, and trek 40 minutes along this dual carriage way to get to a McDonalds as I was busting for a wee. The RAC man turned up 4 hours later, laughed at me, fitted a new battery and told me I was lucky as it'd have happened in heavy traffic otherwise as my battery was fucked.

Two weeks later I totalled the car on a roundabout 3 miles from that dual carriageway, wasted all my money on the new battery as it was written off. (y)
Oh bless your heart! That sounds utterly horrific. I would have been terrified and probably crashed my car.

There's a spider living in my car somewhere because I keep finding cobwebs. I shall now be checking behind the visors before I go to work tomorrow 😂

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
There's a spider living in my car somewhere because I keep finding cobwebs. I shall now be checking behind the visors before I go to work tomorrow 😂
Yes I will open my sun visor before I get into my car now!
My auntie lives in Australia and her arachnophobic friend tried to sell her car because it had a spider in it. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes I will open my sun visor before I get into my car now!
My auntie lives in Australia and her arachnophobic friend tried to sell her car because it had a spider in it. 😂
Haha honestly guys it was a bad bad start to the day! I wouldn’t care, I hoovered the car last night. Obviously not well enough mind!

Might just leave the visors down all the time to prevent any surprises.

Omg I would probably burn the bleeping car out if it was mine 😂 all these posts just some up my worst nightmare, I’d end up in jail from blind panic stopping probably in the outside lane causing a huge pile up while I ran away hysterical.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Omg I would probably burn the bleeping car out if it was mine 😂 all these posts just some up my worst nightmare, I’d end up in jail from blind panic stopping probably in the outside lane causing a huge pile up while I ran away hysterical.
I am just relieved I did it before I got on the motorway as I live within a mile of it!

• Wow
A friend told me that her neighbours brother found her corn snake in a drain. (They're the little ones iirc) The snake apparently winked at him...

I will admit I laughed but if that was me it would scare the crap out of me!

A friend told me that her neighbours brother found her corn snake in a drain. (They're the little ones iirc) The snake apparently winked at him...

I will admit I laughed but if that was me it would scare the crap out of me!
I think that’d make me jump, like when a rat ran out of our drain cover at me! Outside thankfully but the other things, I can’t even type the word it’s so horrific, yeah I think I need to seriously look into hypnotherapy or something.

Reactions: 5
My work’s security alarm went off all weekend and we’ve had the most abusive messages imaginable from people who live in the village. Not one of these people did anything except from trying to give us a call on a line which said it was closed, except for someone who put a message on the Facebook group to the village which I eventually saw and allowed us to sort it out. We’ve got fully covered Keysafe cover so our security people should have told us, and sorted it out themselves but for some reason they didn’t.

I can appreciate it’s annoying but it genuinely wasn’t our fault yet we’re getting he abuse

• Sad
Newbies next door are gutting the place.

Just when I got rid of the worst of the noise, dust and chaos in my own house I get it all over again in a way.

Being sick of not being able to talk, hear myself think, etc. I'm being a brat because these things are just part of life but I wish they weren't... or that I was at least wealthy and could bugger off somewhere for the duration like some are able to.

• Heart