What do you want to rant about today? #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was 17 I had a man look at me dead in the eyes and say ‘you can’t have done well at school then.’ That was 17 years ago and it’s stuck with me.

Today in Lidl a man berated the young girl on the till because she accidentally started scanning my shopping after his. That’s nothing to do with the fact that the silly bastard insisted on paying for everything separately.
I've had this as well. The assumption I'm thick because of my job. I'm actually not, but I'm lucky that my Husband's on decent money, so I work part time so we've got a bit of fun money coming in, and so I can still spend time with my kids. That's the thing I used to keep reminding myself when these idiots were speaking to me like tit.

I'm still with the same company, in a different role, but still something that is seen as beneath some people. Word got back to me that someone I knew from school had commented that they "thought I'd do better for myself." Apparently you can't be happy if you're doing a "menial" job 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
People that look down on service workers really annoy me. Wouldn’t have your coffee if I didn’t make it for you, would you?! Snobby bastards.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Headoffice is paying people to watch shifts. This day they actually watch I've put a staff meal in that was more expensive than it should of been. A whole 50p was not going to make member of staff pay it for my mistake in how I put it in. Now they are doing an investigation meeting with me over 50p

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I had plans to get out of work by 9pm at the latest and head down to the beach for a nice walk. Instead it was nearly 10pm because the bleeping hour padding employee was doing everything at a snails pace and faffing about with stuff I hadn’t asked him to while I was on the phone doing orders.

I ranted to myself all the way home in the car and then cried because I so needed that walk for my mental health.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I was awoken in the early hours of this morning by a bang. That bang was the sound of a stolen car that was being pursued by the police crashing into my car. My car is now looking like it will be a write-off. 😩
I know that the car can be replaced, but it’s all the admin involved with sorting it out. I’m already feeling burnt out by work and my dysfunctional family. I haven’t had the car very long either. I’m hoping that I’ll get some compensation because the driver was a teenager who had stolen daddy’s new car. I’m not a money grabber, but this guy can’t be short of money and I didn’t sleep at all last night because I was in shock.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Sadly you’ll get nothing. It’ll all be claimed through your insurance policy (it’ll be a no fault claim and you probably won’t have to pay your excess, but that’ll depend on the terms of your policy) You’ll also only get what your insurance deems as market value for the car, not what you paid/what’s on finance. You won’t get compensation either, unless you were injured. It’s an absolute piss take as there’s a chance you could end up out of pocket and they’ll probably just get told not to do it again (from someone who had a similar situation happen to them)

Reactions: 10
I was awoken in the early hours of this morning by a bang. That bang was the sound of a stolen car that was being pursued by the police crashing into my car. My car is now looking like it will be a write-off. 😩
I know that the car can be replaced, but it’s all the admin involved with sorting it out. I’m already feeling burnt out by work and my dysfunctional family. I haven’t had the car very long either. I’m hoping that I’ll get some compensation because the driver was a teenager who had stolen daddy’s new car. I’m not a money grabber, but this guy can’t be short of money and I didn’t sleep at all last night because I was in shock.
Sadly you’ll get nothing. It’ll all be claimed through your insurance policy (it’ll be a no fault claim and you probably won’t have to pay your excess, but that’ll depend on the terms of your policy) You’ll also only get what your insurance deems as market value for the car, not what you paid/what’s on finance. You won’t get compensation either, unless you were injured. It’s an absolute piss take as there’s a chance you could end up out of pocket and they’ll probably just get told not to do it again (from someone who had a similar situation happen to them)
Oh no! Did the police witness it? If so at least that's some evidence (hopefully!) that you can give.

I honestly think car insurance is a bit of a con, the victims always seem to end up paying via higher premiums 🤔

Reactions: 6
I've had this as well. The assumption I'm thick because of my job. I'm actually not, but I'm lucky that my Husband's on decent money, so I work part time so we've got a bit of fun money coming in, and so I can still spend time with my kids. That's the thing I used to keep reminding myself when these idiots were speaking to me like tit.

I'm still with the same company, in a different role, but still something that is seen as beneath some people. Word got back to me that someone I knew from school had commented that they "thought I'd do better for myself." Apparently you can't be happy if you're doing a "menial" job 🤷‍♀️
Last year I took on a job with minimal stress. I’d had the worst year ever with awful family problems and health issues and I didn’t need work stress on top of that. It was a good move, although the pay isn’t great, when I finish my shift I don’t take any worries home with me and I don’t think about it until I go in the next day 😊

As the thief is identified, the other car's insurers should deal with your claim in full* (albeit they will only pay you what the car is worth (on that score - and although I appreciate it's yet another task to add to the load, do look on Autotrader, as used car prices have gone up a lot in the last couple of years, so check the prices of cars same make/ model/ age as yours as you may be able to challenge any offer made to you), plus replacement cost of carseats and any other damaged items in the car (any clothing or soft items that are covered in broken glass for example - and on that score claim for EVERYTHING, including fuel if you've recently filled your car up).

*alternatively if your insurer deals with the claim they should be able to recover everything including your excess from the other insurer.

I do completely relate though. Sometimes just 1 small extra task feels like the straw that breaks the camel's back- and this isn't a small task either :(

Reactions: 9
Insurance write off, we lost £1800 on a motorbike that we'd had for 3 months, no fault claim & nobody else involved. It's crap & very little you can do about it. Gap insurance cover, return to invoice, can cost just a few hundred, wise investment (we've got it on our cars, but it just slipped my mind when we got his bike! 🙄🤦‍♀️).

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Last year I took on a job with minimal stress. I’d had the worst year ever with awful family problems and health issues and I didn’t need work stress on top of that. It was a good move, although the pay isn’t great, when I finish my shift I don’t take any worries home with me and I don’t think about it until I go in the next day 😊
I had this conversation with a family member recently, he changed jobs during Covid and said his current job is zero stress, he goes in, does his hours and once he leaves work he has nothing to think about. Likewise the pay is much lower, but so long as it's enough to live on, there is a lot to be said for taking on a minimally demanding role.

This happened to me, luckily we can put the damage right without a claim but we would have had to do a no fault claim.

All because billy big balls copper thought he’d show his new apprentice what a car chase is all about! The car was stolen, they left a mobile phone in the car when they ran off but apparently they don’t csi until it’s a murder 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 3
People that think running late is a personality trait. Like when people say “this is me when I say I’m on my way” and it’s them still getting ready, sorry how is that something to boast about? It is so rude and disrespectful of other peoples time. If you arrange to meet someone, get there on time. Yes you can of course run late naturally but when you’re purposely saying you are always late and it’s on purpose you just look like an idiot

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Walked into coffee shop just now, two women glanced up and I smiled. I got in the queue and then I kept feeling eyes on me, looked in the reflection and both women just kept looking over at me, good way to make me feel self conscious! Then two men got in the queue behind me and they are so close I feel like they both needed to buy me a drink first…practically pressed up against me, duck off!!
BIB - in my pre-wheelchair days, I always turned round and said "If you get any closer you'll be in front of me"! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
People that think running late is a personality trait. Like when people say “this is me when I say I’m on my way” and it’s them still getting ready, sorry how is that something to boast about? It is so rude and disrespectful of other peoples time. If you arrange to meet someone, get there on time. Yes you can of course run late naturally but when you’re purposely saying you are always late and it’s on purpose you just look like an idiot
What’s more infuriating is when they’re running late but still find time to pick up a coffee or something on the way, expecting people to wait even longer but don’t see that there’s an issue with them doing that.

Reactions: 11
My neighbour is so awful. She blasts her music so much that it shakes my walls - I've complained to the council and she got a noise complaint, but she just ignored it. She's twice let her dog tit on my lawn and not cleaned it up. She puts the wrong stuff in our shared recycling so the bin men refuse to take it. She has the loudest most obnoxious voice ever, so when she's in the garden talking to someone, I actually can't think, she is THAT loud. She slams her door for no reason. She's accused me of sending the police to her house because she smokes weed - I did not, but she says she doesn't believe me, so she's hostile to me over something I never did.

She has a mate who deals drugs, so having him around the building is fun 😒

She has stolen my pegs off my washing line. She walks through my garden when she could walk around it. I don't like going in my garden when she's out, because I don't want to have to see or speak to her, especially if she's angry at me over something I've never done.

I really wish she'd move, but I can't get her thrown out. Even if she did move, she'd just become someone else's problem.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
We drove 2 hours to see my husband’s grandparents. His in-laws said they’d bring lunch, we asked if we should bring anything and they said no.

For 8 people, they bought 2 packets of ham and a bowl of leftover salad. WTF!!!!! I was so hangry 😡 They have form for this….I will start bringing my own food now, it’s a pisstake!

Also I’m lactose intolerant and when we go round, they buy me vegan chocolate dessert pots to be inclusive. Thing is I don’t really like dessert, especially gloopy dark chocolate pots, they taste like tar and I always give them to my husband. I feel too awkward to say I don’t like them (it’s been 8 years, too late now!). I’d be much happier with a chorizo or crisps…

• Angry
Reactions: 7
My manager is sick and telling me she still has to come into the office tomorrow as my friend is leaving and I guess she needs to do paperwork confirming she’s handed back her laptop etc. But I’ve spent the whole of May poorly and I have annual leave Thursday and don’t want to miss my plans if I start puking 😒

I also made myself noodles for lunch and then managed to spill half of them down me 🙄

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.