What do you want to rant about today? #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The talking equivalent of tagging yourself at the hospital on Facebook
Pardon? I spoke about it for a whole day and they agreed it wouldn’t be spoken about again but now keep bringing it up even though I want it to be put behind me.

Crack on though with your live laugh love comments though, pet.

Reactions: 1
I always loved it when it was a warm sunny day, and customers would say "it's so hot outside, you're so lucky to be in here with the air conditioning on."
Lucky? To be stuck inside all day? Really? 🤨

Reactions: 6
At my company, we don’t get paid sick pay, so as you can imagine, people come in when they’re sick because they can’t afford not to.

There’s been a bug going around and my boss has been moaning about the number of people getting ill. I’ve now caught it and had to take the day off. When I messaged my boss, I got an extremely blunt and rude reply. Just feeling mega pissed off because I’m already losing pay and now I’m being made to feel like I’ve done something wrong.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Pardon? I spoke about it for a whole day and they agreed it wouldn’t be spoken about again but now keep bringing it up even though I want it to be put behind me.

Crack on though with your live laugh love comments though, pet.
I’m so sorry, I misread your original post and took it to mean they wanted to confide in you but when you asked they said doesn’t matter….didnt mean to cause offence. That’s what happens when I tattle before my morning coffee. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
me and the guy I like (do I like him or am I just bored?) from work sometimes see each other walking to work and if we see each other we normally walk together and chat. today he saw me and continued ahead and ignored me, dick.

(childish ik)

Reactions: 4
Using the baby change at Tesco and someone tried the door handle twice. After the second time I shouted coz I’ve got a screaming toddler wiggling round and some idiot trying to join me for shits and giggles.
Il

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I hate when you go to Greggs, come to the till and say your order and they always go “anything else?”. NO BECAUSE THEN I WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR IT IN MY ORIGINAL ORDER!

Even when I go with a baguette and say “JUST this please”, doesn’t matter, I still get “anything else?” back. It’s so annoying 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Either got a piece of earplugs stuck in my ear or pushed earwax into canal. In the two weeks since it happened I've messaged it, rinsed with warm water, dropped oil in it daily, rinsed with hydrogen peroxide, popped my ears etc. My hearing in that ear since it happened has been almost none. Called a dedicated NHS service who said they can't help as it's probably not earwax. Last resort call my local country practice gp which is very quiet. Receptionist said Dr would call. He didn't, so then came the weekend and it was closed and then the bank holiday Monday closed. Called them yesterday and the receptionist gave me a local number to call. They said nope can't help, call your GP. So I called them again and they told me the Dr would call me. No call :mad:
I've been to see a GP about twice in my life and I'm ancient. I take good care of my health and now when I need help, duck all!
What now? Go to a private nurse? I'd have to lie and say it's earwax or they won't see me 🤷‍♀️ I'd easily purchase something online to suck it out but I'm afraid I'll end up injured.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I hate when you go to Greggs, come to the till and say your order and they always go “anything else?”. NO BECAUSE THEN I WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR IT IN MY ORIGINAL ORDER!

Even when I go with a baguette and say “JUST this please”, doesn’t matter, I still get “anything else?” back. It’s so annoying 🙈
I think they have to do it. Also to try and upsell you because they know the large majority of people will be eyeing up the cakes and they’ll catch them at a moment of weakness 😂 but agree if I wanted it I’d have asked

Reactions: 5
Either got a piece of earplugs stuck in my ear or pushed earwax into canal. In the two weeks since it happened I've messaged it, rinsed with warm water, dropped oil in it daily, rinsed with hydrogen peroxide, popped my ears etc. My hearing in that ear since it happened has been almost none. Called a dedicated NHS service who said they can't help as it's probably not earwax. Last resort call my local country practice gp which is very quiet. Receptionist said Dr would call. He didn't, so then came the weekend and it was closed and then the bank holiday Monday closed. Called them yesterday and the receptionist gave me a local number to call. They said nope can't help, call your GP. So I called them again and they told me the Dr would call me. No call :mad:
I've been to see a GP about twice in my life and I'm ancient. I take good care of my health and now when I need help, duck all!
What now? Go to a private nurse? I'd have to lie and say it's earwax or they won't see me 🤷‍♀️ I'd easily purchase something online to suck it out but I'm afraid I'll end up injured.
Go down to the surgery and be a bit loud about it. Honestly they are useless these days

Reactions: 5
I have a colleague who is ALWAYS on her phone. She's constantly sat there scrolling despite us being busy.

Our work wifi has been a bit rough for the last few weeks and suddenly today it has started to affect her insta/facebook/whatsapp on her phone. She called up our tech people, they suggested to reset the router and she neglected to realise that this would cut the servers we work on and also our phone system which uses wifi to run. She then tore the poor tech guy a new one when he called to check on it, because she'd reset the router and everything cut out. This poor bloke doesn't work for us, he's an outsource, and yet she proper Karen'd him down about something he likely didn't know about!

Can't help but feel it's just the lack of scrolling which has her agitated. She came up to my office just to sit in it and scroll earlier as apparently I'm the only spot with wifi on our phone?

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Went into Tesco, just wasn't feeling it my anxiety was flaring up. Did a scan and shop and it came up saying I had a check which was fine. They usually pick 5 or so items and that's you. He doesn't even attempt a check just tells me "you'll need a full re scan" offer to go to the till so it saves him time but says "NO, I need to do it" he then proceeds to do it whilst tutting and complaining to his colleague. Made me feel really bad for some reason.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Thought aww my daughter is playing nicely, popped my head in her room, she was using my NARS foundation on her dolly 🫠

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Went out shopping today to the local shopping centre and there was a woman with a double pushchair trying to get into one of the shops that was already very busy and had small aisles. As she was walking in I heard her go "Oh it looks quite busy actually" the dad then goes in with the two older children and instead of waiting outside the mum forces her way through into the shop. One woman had to stand right against a shelf to let her past and then the mum ended up backing up and going back out anyway , after knocking stuff off with the sides of the pushchair and practically ramming into people's legs to try and push through. She gave anyone who couldn't step out of her way dirty looks. Why do some people think the world revolves around them and their family and that nobody else matters? 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I looked into online coaching to help me get fitter and loose some weight, had a virtual consultation this evening £200 per month they are charging 😳😏 erm no thanks I can’t justify or afford to spend that much, just why is it so expensive ☹

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I looked into online coaching to help me get fitter and loose some weight, had a virtual consultation this evening £200 per month they are charging 😳😏 erm no thanks I can’t justify or afford to spend that much, just why is it so expensive ☹
Loads of these online Instagram coaches are barely qualified and just copy and paste the same 5 exercise & meal plans to their clients. Everyone wants to do it coz it pays well. One client of a ‘coach’ was paying £189 for 18 moment and barely looked any different. Deekkk

Reactions: 7
Depends what you want from coaching, presume that's one on one. I do online group coaching. I pay around £45 a month, I complete a weekly check in and get feedback, a weekly group zoom call and loads of talks in the app/website from various experts in the industry. Workout programmes are also on the app if you want. This is working for me at the moment. I'm not saying who my coach is but they have a decent following on Instagram.

I have signed up to Glean when they launched. I have the group coaching which is no feedback but access to the app and the information, weekly Zoom call. I am using this more for the reissitance training workouts as I like to follow a set programme and they have demos of the moves and substitutes if your gym doesn't have a machine. Long term I basically plan on using Glean to set my workouts but I need the accountability and support of my one to one coach at the moment. Full disclosure I actually singed up for Glean on their lifetime joining offer which I don't think they will be offering again. The app is slick but I'm not fully using it as I have my coach for the support I need.

Reactions: 2
Depends what you want from coaching, presume that's one on one. I do online group coaching. I pay around £45 a month, I complete a weekly check in and get feedback, a weekly group zoom call and loads of talks in the app/website from various experts in the industry. Workout programmes are also on the app if you want. This is working for me at the moment. I'm not saying who my coach is but they have a decent following on Instagram.

I have signed up to Glean when they launched. I have the group coaching which is no feedback but access to the app and the information, weekly Zoom call. I am using this more for the reissitance training workouts as I like to follow a set programme and they have demos of the moves and substitutes if your gym doesn't have a machine. Long term I basically plan on using Glean to set my workouts but I need the accountability and support of my one to one coach at the moment. Full disclosure I actually singed up for Glean on their lifetime joining offer which I don't think they will be offering again. The app is slick but I'm not fully using it as I have my coach for the support I need.
Yes it is 1:1 coaching but I cannot afford what they are charging though £45 is much more reasonable I wonder which one it is 🤔 yeah I need it for the workouts but also nutrition too just wish it was more affordable 😏

Reactions: 1
Loads of these online Instagram coaches are barely qualified and just copy and paste the same 5 exercise & meal plans to their clients. Everyone wants to do it coz it pays well. One client of a ‘coach’ was paying £189 for 18 moment and barely looked any different. Deekkk
I vaguely became acquainted with a fitness influencer and people paid him £1200 A MONTH. His advice was basically nothing more than drink more water and eat more veg too. I was AGOG, it was bonkers.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.