What do you want to rant about today? #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Working in an all female environment, my bleeping god. The endless two facedness and backstabbing. So fed up of it. I just want to go to work, do my job and come Home. I don’t even want to interact anyone I work with. Sick of it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Flatmates in a meeting with his line manager.. he's starting to bring up retirement . He cannot afford to retire when he's fit and healthy. He has already said to me his income will go down to like 10 k a yr. Even though he has his mortgage paid off he has said he will be looking at me to contribute and contribute more to cover this. I'm a temp. If I do manage to get a job on the same scale at the company where i am , the perm wage is at least 8 K less than I am on as a temp. A perm job on same scale will be a massive cut in income where I am already concerned about if I can afford to take the hit. I am not getting any younger myself and without benefit of partner/spouse/good pension i will be on the poverty line myself. Hate to say this but for yrs i have been hoping i dont live long /reach old age etc as it is..

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Recruitment.

In the last fortnight I have offered 3 roles where people have been so enthusiastic at interview & throughout the process who have then turned it down. Twice because the money wasn't enough (it is literally on the advert and we discuss it at the first interview) and one because she didn't want to miss out on school runs (We have a fully flex working culture, work where you like, when you like) but she was adamant.

So with 2 mat cover roles and one to replace a leaver, I am back to square one after 6 week of slog and leave dates for the current post-holders rapidly appoaching.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Recruitment.

In the last fortnight I have offered 3 roles where people have been so enthusiastic at interview & throughout the process who have then turned it down. Twice because the money wasn't enough (it is literally on the advert and we discuss it at the first interview) and one because she didn't want to miss out on school runs (We have a fully flex working culture, work where you like, when you like) but she was adamant.

So with 2 mat cover roles and one to replace a leaver, I am back to square one after 6 week of slog and leave dates for the current post-holders rapidly appoaching.
I work in this field too and totally emphasize. There's (rightfully) a lot of complaints about companies for recruiting processes and messing around but when you try to do things properly with all the information, all the flexibility, and all the hand holding, you still get people who will mess you around. Sometimes I do all i can for candidates and still get moaned at for things that are simply not to do with work (if you want paw-ternity leave then apply to somewhere that offers that but don't try to blame us for not offering it and say it is the same as giving birth to a human child - literally a case I had this week 😂).

Sending you all the luck for filling those roles!! ❣

• Wow
Working in an all female environment, my bleeping god. The endless two facedness and backstabbing. So fed up of it. I just want to go to work, do my job and come Home. I don’t even want to interact anyone I work with. Sick of it.
Amen to that. I work with some men and they are my favourite to talk to coz there’s no BS. No slagging each other off and being nice to their faces.

Reactions: 9
Other people, specifically car buyers.

Am selling my son's car for him (there's a whole other rant about why I'm doing that and he isn't doing it himself) anyway it's been up for sale for less than a week. So far I've had

- bloke who offered 66% of the advertised price for a quick sale after viewing it. Ok we want to get rid of it so son agreed. He turns up next day to collect it and then decides he doesn't want it as he'd failed to notice some cosmetic damage (car is under £500, what do you want?!)
- bloke who is 80 miles away but really wants to buy it (I have explained to him that it probably can't be driven that far - it has a mechanical issue hence the price) yet he still keeps on.
- scrap dealer who offered 40% of the advertised price and said I won't get more
- latest one, who offered 50% and said he'd collect it today. I said I'd take 66%. He then agreed to that but asked if I could deliver the car to him. And then asked has it been regularly serviced?! Again it's under £500, what do you expect?!

This is the first time I've ever sold a car and I've had enough already.

Oh I'm also a bit pissed off that there is a very senior role going at my employers. At least 6 people I know who are all junior to/ less experienced than me have been advised to apply for it. It has not been suggested that I do so, even though I'm far better qualified. Whilst my current job is easy in many ways, and I don't particularly want this sort of high stress role, I do feel that I am often overlooked as a middle aged woman and it's assumed I'm just a bit mumsy etc which is not me at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Losing it over my new job! :(

I work in a nursery and the rules can be quite strict but the place is nice.

I am on a course today with a colleague and something has happened we think…lots of messages from manager being very specific about rules - capital letters ‘YOU MUST NOT LEAVE THE ROOM’ etc.
These messages have gone on and on about how we can’t do anything, mustn’t ever leave the room except for bathroom, must announce when we leave, can’t have our phones in our bags must be with the manager, can’t go into staff room other than on breaks etc etc. We are being watched on CCTV and managers are saying they have seen people leave and will have to explain it to HR if it continues!

I know it’s important to stick to this and rules are for safety but feeling very nervous about everything now and feel trapped in the room, because I have been told SEVERAL times that I can’t leave at all - even for a bathroom break.
Feeling nervous and watched and like I can’t leave the room - my lunch finishes 6 hours before I leave, so I can’t get a mouthful of tea/coffee, get 5 minutes fresh air/peace, check on my own family etc for 6 hours. Feel like there should be some allowance for a 5 or 10 min breather

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Losing it over my new job! :(

I work in a nursery and the rules can be quite strict but the place is nice.

I am on a course today with a colleague and something has happened we think…lots of messages from manager being very specific about rules - capital letters ‘YOU MUST NOT LEAVE THE ROOM’ etc.
These messages have gone on and on about how we can’t do anything, mustn’t ever leave the room except for bathroom, must announce when we leave, can’t have our phones in our bags must be with the manager, can’t go into staff room other than on breaks etc etc. We are being watched on CCTV and managers are saying they have seen people leave and will have to explain it to HR if it continues!

I know it’s important to stick to this and rules are for safety but feeling very nervous about everything now and feel trapped in the room, because I have been told SEVERAL times that I can’t leave at all - even for a bathroom break.
Feeling nervous and watched and like I can’t leave the room - my lunch finishes 6 hours before I leave, so I can’t get a mouthful of tea/coffee, get 5 minutes fresh air/peace, check on my own family etc for 6 hours. Feel like there should be some allowance for a 5 or 10 min breather
That's a long time without breaks. Maybe they need to employ more staff so that one of you can duck out for lunch and loo breaks whilst others are still in the room. What happens of you faint in the room, are you alone without help?

Not a rant but a Worrying long rant about my neighbours next door. Long story short they are both as bad as each other in the drinking. My partner had a Worrying text about an arguement so I went to check on them. But now I've left them I'm Worrying if they are doing harm to each other. My friend said I should of phoned police but when I went round they seem to have settled down. She seemed lonely so stayed till partner come round to get me when he got back from work. Both had conversation with both of them. Told her I'm not on anyone's side because both have been so nice to us. Couldn't see marks on her but he was obviously in pain

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
That's a long time without breaks. Maybe they need to employ more staff so that one of you can duck out for lunch and loo breaks whilst others are still in the room. What happens of you faint in the room, are you alone without help?
That’s a great point, if someone fainted or needed to run out to throw up or something, we would not have enough staff. Management need to 100 per cent get more employees in each room, and they are pushed right to the limit at the moment. I was self employed and everything was a mess for me for a while and so this ‘proper’ job was supposed to help, but it’s making me more stressed. When I started I was careful to ask for what I need (I’m technically third in charge which is a specific role) so I said I would not be room based all day…was told this was fine, now I’m counted towards numbers needed and am constantly told ‘I can’t LET you leave the room’??

• Sad
I’ve had a cold and a cough for 3 weeks and I just feel rotten, like I’m swallowing a knife and inhaled a tub of kids green slime. Lovely.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm at that point in a new job where you have mostly learned the ropes and you are mostly independent in what you do day to day, but you are still new enough that you're worried about messing up whenever you do anything
I don't know if anyone else can relate, it's really stressful for me. Plus we've just been having a lot of bad luck at work that's outside of my control but it's all additional mental load for me.
Idk I try to tell myself that I'm bound to make mistakes eventually and it's not the end of the world, but I worry so much. I'm constantly anxious at work, I actually feel myself shaking with anxiety at times, and when I come home I obsess over things the whole night.
I hope this phase is over soon because it's exhausting

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Recruitment.

Same happened to me last week and the week before. One girl did a shift then phoned to say she wasn’t coming back. I’d already given one of the other girls the week off because new girl said she’d cover 🙃 found a replacement and she emailed two days before to say the hourly rate wasn’t enough. You’re 16, what do you expect?! Stressed to the eyeballs trying to find cover for two people during Easter holidays in a busy coffee shop with a kids play area. Can I win the lottery now and retire 😂😂😂

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Someone's just banged on our front door 15 mins ago (12:40am!!) and I’m wide awake in fear now 😭 my bedroom faces the back of the house so couldn’t peek out to see anything, don’t know who the hell it was. Thanking god that I always triple quadruple check that everything is locked downstairs otherwise I’d be in a state right now!! My hearts still pounding though

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Not a vent or rant but just weird and I've been thinking about it since the other night. I am 31, by no means a teenager, and I think I had a prank call through to my phone on Saturday night? 😂

I was sat watching TV with my partner when I got a private number call. I answered it and had someone do a really bad imitation of a Russian accent saying "Na nana na na Vodka man! Do you want some vodka? Vodka man!" "sorry, what? Who is this?" "VODKA MAN NA NA NANA, I love you"

It was so bizarre and I don't think I've had a prank call in about 15 years so was like wtf? But everyone I know is my age with adult responsibilities so I'm wondering who the hell it is? I have a feeling it's a candidate from work who I accidentally called from my personal last week to give an update because there was a slight hint of an accent I recognized?

Anyway yeah I needed to get that out of my own head!

• Haha
I needed a couple of bits from the supermarket and I'm going to be working 8am to 8pm (morning WFH, afternoon outside) so asked husband to go as he's WFH all day. He can't go because he has to go and get the tyres changed on his car first thing and he doesn't want to go later because he's only just started the job and feels guilty about popping out while WFH.

Fine, I'll go at 8 when Waitrose opens. Except I get down there and they have literally none of the things I need so I flounce back out and drive to Sainsburys in the next town but by now I'm hitting the school traffic and it's wall to wall mums in Chelsea tractors trying to park at a 45 degree angle to let Tallulah and Sebastian out with their trumpets, book bags and tiffin tins.

Starting to feel the first vestiges of rage, I make it to the next town but Sainsburys is right by a secondary school so the road of awash with lolloping broccoli headed teens ignoring the crossings. Then I have to dodge a seething mass of them hovering outside the front door. I finally get in and get my stuff except the checkout won't understand my banana label.

Then just as I'm leaving some bleep mutters 'you're welcome' at me as I pass him in the door even though I gave way to HIM. <RAGE>

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Walking along the path by the school at a good steady fastish pace and a parent randomly stops dead in front of me to chat to someone walking past almost causing a 10 parent pile up. They were completely oblivious with their triple pushchair and toddlers on a bleeping balance bike.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Randomly feeling so down for no reason. Cried twice this morning but nothing has happened, no reason to be upset 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.