What do you want to rant about today? #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we get off the dog subject? I’m afraid I’m not a dog lover (sorry, don’t shoot me! I love cats but not dogs)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Dogs are a pack animal, so must feel like solitary confinement being left for hours, with no facilities or living company.
This from a person who has never owned a dog, but whose friends have them. The poor buggers have suffered, despite my friends trying to only leave them for as little time as possible.
tit happens sometimes in more ways than one. 🥴

Reactions: 2
Yep, I have a Ragdoll cat and they definitely cannot be left alone for long. I knew this before I got her so it's no biggie for me, but I see family members rolling their eyes at me when I decline family invitations. To be fair, I totally use her as an excuse 🤣🤣
I use my cat as an excuse too! Sorry can't stay over cat needs breakfast, sorry I can't come cat is sick. My family members don't understand when I say "I need to get home for the cat" I know she doesn't need walked etc but she needs meals and I like her company compared to others! If my mum said she needed to leave for her dogs I would understand, they need outside to pee.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If you can’t love and take care of the needs of a pet you choose to home and have as part of your family then you shouldn’t have one. Anyone that doesn’t understand this has either never had a pet, or has been a crap pet owner and therefore shouldnt ever get another.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
How about we lock you out of your bathroom for 8 hours then you tell us how comfortable you feel?!
someone I knew had a dog that was on their own in the house while they went to work and it had a pad on the floor for a bathroom and tbh we are not talking 8 hrs here while someone goes for a meal - more like 2 or 3

Reactions: 1
Could well depend on the age of the pet and their needs too

Some dogs do have separation anxiety and you unfortunately have to work around it a bit

If you have a very young or old dog, or a dog with other medical needs, getting home an hour later could mean that you now have a mess to clean up or you missed giving them their medication

Even your typical cat can be needy and have certain requirements
My cat is, and damn sure I'll leave an event to get back for him

• Heart
Reactions: 10
...i ranted last week about a friend asking to borrow money. I sent it, said "don't bother paying it back". I got some sweet replies here along the lines of..."that's kind but don't be taken for a mug"

Guess wot? Tonight, another begging text from them and bizarre story. This time it's a big nope from me

Tattlers, you were right!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
When people say “the most comfiest” or “the most brightest”. It’s “the comfiest” or “the brightest”, why do people add most in. It’s a minor rant but I always find it really annoying

• Heart
Reactions: 14
When people say “the most comfiest” or “the most brightest”. It’s “the comfiest” or “the brightest”, why do people add most in. It’s a minor rant but I always find it really annoying
Very unique is another. Either it is unique or it isn't.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
...i ranted last week about a friend asking to borrow money. I sent it, said "don't bother paying it back". I got some sweet replies here along the lines of..."that's kind but don't be taken for a mug"

Guess wot? Tonight, another begging text from them and bizarre story. This time it's a big nope from me

Tattlers, you were right!!
im glad you said no.. i have a family member like this, years no contact then a couple weeks acts like a family member and then bam can i borrow money. It’s awkward situation to be in then a while feeling guilty. You done the best thing saying no.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
"I literally died". You didn't though, did you? Cause here you are standing in front of me telling a tit story, so no you didn't LITERALLY die!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
People asking for gift ideas then when you tell them they’re like “wellllll….”
Don’t bleeping ask.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
my child’s dad and the fact that he gets to pick and choose when he is willing to be a dad, my daughter took up a hobby that involves a bit of a commute which is fine as she enjoys it and she’s wanted to do it for sometime, however I’ve taken her nearly every weekend so far, paid for all her lessons and he’s only taken her twice and not contributed financially towards any of it 🙄 I asked if he could take her today and apparently he is busy! He hardly makes any time for her, never rings her or invites her over or does anything with her! I’m sure there are good dads out there and there are definitely worse but it just annoys me that my daughter isn’t a priority to him now she’s older she is realising this more ☹ she deserves so much better 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 20
👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 at all the other dog owners who will use theirs as an excuse to go home sooner.

It's more directed at myself but running out of teabags. On a bank holiday. Ffs, ya dumb mare 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
YouTube videos that narrate something that has happened (e.g. a nepo baby singing), using still images as a slideshow rather than including the actual clips. I've just tried a few videos to hear how bad North West's performance was but all the videos are just random people putting slideshows together for the clicks... I can't find the actual footage :ROFLMAO: I give up now, I'm over it, bet it was rubbish.

Reactions: 5
YouTube videos that narrate something that has happened (e.g. a nepo baby singing), using still images as a slideshow rather than including the actual clips. I've just tried a few videos to hear how bad North West's performance was but all the videos are just random people putting slideshows together for the clicks... I can't find the actual footage :ROFLMAO: I give up now, I'm over it, bet it was rubbish.
For you 😙

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Plastic packaging within package packaging with those bleeping useless rip tabs that never work!

I’m hungover and desperately need a micro chip butty stat to recover (don’t judge me!) The external packaging is covered in plastic film- I get that as it comes in a box of four but then they put plastic film over EACH INDIVIDUAL BOX. Why?! It serves no purpose and is a waste of plastic.

I’ve just spent 5 mins battling with said plastic as the stupid tabs that are supposed to make it easy to rip off don’t work! I’m tempted to be a complete Karen and write to McCains as an indignant consumer to complain in my hungover rage 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
How can you tell it’s a bank holiday? Count the amount of power tools currently in operation.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Plastic packaging within package packaging with those bleeping useless rip tabs that never work!

I’m hungover and desperately need a micro chip butty stat to recover (don’t judge me!) The external packaging is covered in plastic film- I get that as it comes in a box of four but then they put plastic film over EACH INDIVIDUAL BOX. Why?! It serves no purpose and is a waste of plastic.

I’ve just spent 5 mins battling with said plastic as the stupid tabs that are supposed to make it easy to rip off don’t work! I’m tempted to be a complete Karen and write to McCains as an indignant consumer to complain in my hungover rage 😂😂😂
this is me with those new cardboard waste free bold/persil boxes. i think you’re meant to squeeze and lift in order to get into them but i just CANNOT DO IT - i’ve literally had to tear into the one i’m currently using, it looks like a dog has been chewing on it.

they’re child-safe and also lablonde-safe apparently 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.