What do you want to rant about today? #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this is me with those new cardboard waste free bold/persil boxes. i think you’re meant to squeeze and lift in order to get into them but i just CANNOT DO IT - i’ve literally had to tear into the one i’m currently using, it looks like a dog has been chewing on it.

they’re child-safe and also lablonde-safe apparently 🥲
I just got a box of these and felt like the world's stupidest person trying to figure out how to get into them.

Reactions: 6
I just got a box of these and felt like the world's stupidest person trying to figure out how to get into them.
i’m so glad it’s not just me! i read those instructions MULTIPLE times and ended up just clawing my way through the lid. i’ve hidden the box away out of shame 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
i’m so glad it’s not just me! i read those instructions MULTIPLE times and ended up just clawing my way through the lid. i’ve hidden the box away out of shame 🤣
Mine's just been ripped open at the sides as well 😂. I'd just came on my period so I was a bit more hormonal and remember starting to cry because I couldn't open the box 😅

I'll stick to the detergent that comes in a bottle from now on.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Walked into coffee shop just now, two women glanced up and I smiled. I got in the queue and then I kept feeling eyes on me, looked in the reflection and both women just kept looking over at me, good way to make me feel self conscious! Then two men got in the queue behind me and they are so close I feel like they both needed to buy me a drink first…practically pressed up against me, duck off!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Came back from holiday last night.

Had an upset stomach. Thought I was over it so drove to supermarket. Thought I was going to tit myself so drove home as soon as I got there. The supermarket doesn’t have toilets.
Get home, feel fine.

FFS. Sorry for TMI, too!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Came back from holiday last night.

Had an upset stomach. Thought I was over it so drove to supermarket. Thought I was going to tit myself so drove home as soon as I got there. The supermarket doesn’t have toilets.
Get home, feel fine.

FFS. Sorry for TMI, too!
I hope you feel better soon. There's nothing worse than not being near the toilet when you have an upset stomach.

Reactions: 5
Linked in posts. Just seen one where someone has used the passing of his colleague as an excuse to post. The guy died the day before and he’s posting on LinkedIn with an “rip mate” yes sure, wtf. If anyone used the passing of my loved one for a LinkedIn post I would track them down and beat the absolute tit out of them. How disrespectful.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I hope you feel better soon. There's nothing worse than not being near the toilet when you have an upset stomach.
Thank you :)

oh I know, I’m an IBS sufferer so I’m well versed sadly.
---
Linked in posts. Just seen one where someone has used the passing of his colleague as an excuse to post. The guy died the day before and he’s posting on LinkedIn with an “rip mate” yes sure, wtf. If anyone used the passing of my loved one for a LinkedIn post I would track them down and beat the absolute tit out of them. How disrespectful.
Lost a family member years ago and someone used to post a long verse about him every year on Facebook. It drove me mad as it was for attention. This person would pass me in the street and not speak to me but thought it appropriate to post.

Funnily it all stopped when they got married and had other things to post to get attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
10 mins before work I took a bit of a danger trip into Tesco and waited at the tills as I had a trolley. Only one till open at 10 to 8, honestly not a problem as I'm the one who decided to go in. There was a lady paying at the till, a woman in front of me with her trolley full on the conveyer and then me waiting in the back.

The woman at the front had her shopping scanned and her eggs felt light to the cashier, who checked them and found two missing. There was no one else in as it was so early in the morning and so she offered to get the eggs for the lady paying herself. The woman in the middle then gave the loudest huff and eye roll ever, which makes no sense whatsoever as she's the one who chose to come in so early to work too? Like we've both made the choice, either leave your stuff behind and get it later or just suck it up that you'll be a few mins late to work. Why do people have to be awful to people that they see as working "menial" jobs

Reactions: 9
10 mins before work I took a bit of a danger trip into Tesco and waited at the tills as I had a trolley. Only one till open at 10 to 8, honestly not a problem as I'm the one who decided to go in. There was a lady paying at the till, a woman in front of me with her trolley full on the conveyer and then me waiting in the back.

The woman at the front had her shopping scanned and her eggs felt light to the cashier, who checked them and found two missing. There was no one else in as it was so early in the morning and so she offered to get the eggs for the lady paying herself. The woman in the middle then gave the loudest huff and eye roll ever, which makes no sense whatsoever as she's the one who chose to come in so early to work too? Like we've both made the choice, either leave your stuff behind and get it later or just suck it up that you'll be a few mins late to work. Why do people have to be awful to people that they see as working "menial" jobs
I think people do it to take their frustrations out on people they know can't answer back.

I remember when I was 16 working in Tesco and a woman came in with lots of shopping. As I was scanning it she kept going "you're so slow, I'm going to be late to my doctor's appointment."

I was new so a bit slower but not by much. I felt really embarrassed as I was young and new, whereas really what I should have said was "why choose to do a shop so close to the time you had a doctor's appointment?" Or just gone even slower to annoy her haha.

I'm having a really bad MH day out of nowhere, and I've just eaten so much and been so lazy which of course has made me feel even more tit.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

A couple of years ago, it was announced where I worked was closing, and we would have the choice between 2 other locations. One was customer facing, the other wasn't.

I was very pregnant at the time, and we were in the middle of a 40° heatwave. I was still trying to decide which job to take, when a woman came into the shop and proceeded to scream at me that I was a stupid c^nt because we had no fans left. What I wanted to do was scream back "they've been warning us this was coming for days now, why the hell did you wait until now to get a fan, you silly twit??" But I had to stand there being polite to this horrible woman.
That was the day that pushed me off the fence to choose the job without customers.

I've worked in retail since I was 16, and people just get worse as time passes. I've been screamed at, spoken to like dirt, and even had things thrown at me. But we have to put up and shut up, because God forbid we upset the customer.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
More and more, unless I'm perfect and all smiles my mother makes me feel like crap for it.

Dealing with an aging parent is one massive headache and heartbreak. I love her so much but she is changing for the worse in recent years. And while I attempt to be empathic as to what she's going through, I would really like a bit of empathy in return.

I want to scream.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
A couple of years ago, it was announced where I worked was closing, and we would have the choice between 2 other locations. One was customer facing, the other wasn't.

I was very pregnant at the time, and we were in the middle of a 40° heatwave. I was still trying to decide which job to take, when a woman came into the shop and proceeded to scream at me that I was a stupid c^nt because we had no fans left. What I wanted to do was scream back "they've been warning us this was coming for days now, why the hell did you wait until now to get a fan, you silly twit??" But I had to stand there being polite to this horrible woman.
That was the day that pushed me off the fence to choose the job without customers.

I've worked in retail since I was 16, and people just get worse as time passes. I've been screamed at, spoken to like dirt, and even had things thrown at me. But we have to put up and shut up, because God forbid we upset the customer.
That‘s awful, I’m sorry that happened to you. I do not get why customers are so horrible to retail staff.

I still remember being in a central London M&S a couple of days before Christmas and a woman was losing her tit at the retail worker for something that wasn’t even her fault. Honestly, she was so rude and nasty I couldn’t not say anything so I did actually step in and tell her to back off and not speak to the worker that way. She told me to duck off so I just said perhaps she should be the one to duck off until she calmed down and could treat people with courtesy. Amazingly, she stormed off!

Sorry, I know that sounds a bit ‘everyone got up and clapped’ 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

When I was 17 I had a man look at me dead in the eyes and say ‘you can’t have done well at school then.’ That was 17 years ago and it’s stuck with me.

Today in Lidl a man berated the young girl on the till because she accidentally started scanning my shopping after his. That’s nothing to do with the fact that the silly bastard insisted on paying for everything separately.

• Wow
  • Sad

That makes sense to me now, how the assistants looked as a customer coughed into the face of an assistant for 5 minutes. No one said anything apart from the entitled customer. The assistants just looked like "victims" - especially the one being coughed over who couldn't get away.
---
That‘s awful, I’m sorry that happened to you. I do not get why customers are so horrible to retail staff.

I still remember being in a central London M&S a couple of days before Christmas and a woman was losing her tit at the retail worker for something that wasn’t even her fault. Honestly, she was so rude and nasty I couldn’t not say anything so I did actually step in and tell her to back off and not speak to the worker that way. She told me to duck off so I just said perhaps she should be the one to duck off until she calmed down and could treat people with courtesy. Amazingly, she stormed off!

Sorry, I know that sounds a bit ‘everyone got up and clapped’ 😂
I've just come across this that I thought I'd lost forever, from a magazine years ago.
IMG_20240527_184833.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I had the guts to tell customers to shut up when they were being rude.

I have a relative that stood up to a customer and threatened them through the glass when she worked in a bank 😂 ahhhhh I can only dream of having that level of IDGAF

• Haha
I wish I had the guts to tell customers to shut up when they were being rude.

I have a relative that stood up to a customer and threatened them through the glass when she worked in a bank 😂 ahhhhh I can only dream of having that level of IDGAF
I worked somewhere with glass between the customer and worker and I remember the managers sending pregnant women out to see violent customers.
One of said pregnant women eventually told the violent person to f*** *ff!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.