What do you want to rant about today? #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no! Did the police witness it? If so at least that's some evidence (hopefully!) that you can give.

I honestly think car insurance is a bit of a con, the victims always seem to end up paying via higher premiums 🤔
Yeah the police were chasing the driver at the time! He must have turned off the main road to try lose the police and lost control of the car. My car took the force.
Yeah that’s the annoying part. My premium will increase regardless of fault.

As the thief is identified, the other car's insurers should deal with your claim in full* (albeit they will only pay you what the car is worth (on that score - and although I appreciate it's yet another task to add to the load, do look on Autotrader, as used car prices have gone up a lot in the last couple of years, so check the prices of cars same make/ model/ age as yours as you may be able to challenge any offer made to you), plus replacement cost of carseats and any other damaged items in the car (any clothing or soft items that are covered in broken glass for example - and on that score claim for EVERYTHING, including fuel if you've recently filled your car up).

*alternatively if your insurer deals with the claim they should be able to recover everything including your excess from the other insurer.

I do completely relate though. Sometimes just 1 small extra task feels like the straw that breaks the camel's back- and this isn't a small task either :(
My dad paid £4500 for the car in September and I haven’t done a lot of miles. Not sure what it will be valued at, but I can challenge it.
So far the other party isn’t accepting responsibility, but hopefully the police report will have an affect.
Yeah it’s so frustrating. All of the admin on top of working full time. I have been decluttering my house to set up my own business and yesterday was written off as well as currently having no car!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
People who want responsibility for the wage and title but when something goes wrong are quick to pass the blame on to someone they perceive as below them.

Reactions: 8
People who want responsibility for the wage and title but when something goes wrong are quick to pass the blame on to someone they perceive as below them.
Do you work in my organisation by any chance. An old manager once said to me ‘people are promoted to a place of incompetence and then everyone below is left to pick up the pieces’ I was fairly junior and just sort of smiled and nodded and now I’m surrounded by these over promoted idiots who expect everyone else to sort out the mess they’ve created….and because their managers are also over promoted no one actually deals with it. Infuriating

Reactions: 6
Jobs that just never contact you after interview...... I can assume I didn't get the job but have the decency to tell me!!!!

Reactions: 16
I absolutely HATE my MIL's boyfriend. There is something about him that sets my alarm bells off but I don't know what it is.

Everyone in the family LOVES him. Thinks he's the funniest person ever but he just gives off a bad vibe.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My child is in a mood as we went on a play date to her friends house. She had a great time. She's cross as she wanted to stay home today, but we stayed home all day yesterday and I know if we had stayed in today we would have ended up getting on each others nerves as we don't do well cooped up all day. Just can't win sometimes

Reactions: 5
Work phone calls where I am asked how to do X Y Z as this is my role. I explain then they say nah feck that Im doing it my own way. I explain they are incorrect but nope they insist. I usually just say yeah ok try it. It wont work and you will be failed but work away.
Why bother asking if you arent going to listen.

Reactions: 5
Yeah the police were chasing the driver at the time! He must have turned off the main road to try lose the police and lost control of the car. My car took the force.

My dad paid £4500 for the car in September and I haven’t done a lot of miles. Not sure what it will be valued at, but I can challenge it.
So far the other party isn’t accepting responsibility, but hopefully the police report will have an affect.
Yeah it’s so frustrating. All of the admin on top of working full time. I have been decluttering my house to set up my own business and yesterday was written off as well as currently having no car!
If the child weren’t named on the policy you will have no chance of claiming off of their insurance. But that is the insurance company’s problem. They will then have to pursue privately

Reactions: 3

It’s DISGUSTING that the other party isn’t accepting responsibility. You said it was a teenager who stole daddy’s car- I assume the police are now going to go after him for taking without consent and daddy doesn’t want his own insurance premiums to go up on his new car because his fuckwit son broke the law and took his keys. I’d be disowning my son and making DAMN SURE the blameless other party was paid out in full! Some members of our society need to get in the bin!
Hope you get it sorted. It’s awful when stuff like this happens, it’s such a palava to sort out and get back on the road!

Reactions: 9
Hooded young people in groups. Seriously why are you hanging round a park in the rain making people uncomfortable 🤬. The group of 3 were stood across the path and one sort of lunged as I had gone past, I could see in my peripheral vision. It was bizzare. They must have been about 12 years old. I turned round and they were saying I didn’t even touch her. I said what are you playing at? There were mutters under breath. Nothing else. I felt soo uncomfortable 🤬

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I hate it when you confide in someone and then say you don’t want to talk about it and they then keep bringing it up which makes you feel worse. Why do I even bother.

Do you work in my organisation by any chance. An old manager once said to me ‘people are promoted to a place of incompetence and then everyone below is left to pick up the pieces’ I was fairly junior and just sort of smiled and nodded and now I’m surrounded by these over promoted idiots who expect everyone else to sort out the mess they’ve created….and because their managers are also over promoted no one actually deals with it. Infuriating
I own my business but I’ve got some serious issues with someone I gave a more senior role to as he isn’t pulling his weight then blaming others when things go wrong. He prances around like he owns the place while everyone else including me works their arses off. I’ll be having words …again 🙄

Reactions: 2
People who ask how you're doing (when walking into a shop). Just stop. You don't care, & you're not prepared for my long winded answer 😁

I had a car accident last year with a 17 year ild who passed his test two days prior. He didnt know any of his details, luckily i was with my dad who was taking no for an answer, got him to call his parents to find them or he was going to call the police. We could hear his mum say dont tell them anything down the phone so my dad kept saying ok ill call the police. After ages we finally got details and my dad took photos of his driving licence for back up.
His insurance wouldnt co-operate with ours so ours sent court letters to them. They wouldnt admit fault even though it was very clear he was from the damage. We had to sign forms to say we are happy to proceed court action and attend if needed. They finally paid out, from date of accident to the court letter, it was 7 months!

Hopefully your insurance can see its not your fault and fight for you. We had to claim everything on ours to begin with to get a courtesy car etc then claim it all back.
Get letters from the police as witness statements etc to help back you up.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
this is me with those new cardboard waste free bold/persil boxes. i think you’re meant to squeeze and lift in order to get into them but i just CANNOT DO IT - i’ve literally had to tear into the one i’m currently using, it looks like a dog has been chewing on it.

they’re child-safe and also lablonde-safe apparently 🥲
I get a knife and stab mine bloody thing gives me absolute rage
---
And ‘enjoy the rest of your day’ 🙄
Oh what time do you get off? That's not too bad...
I didn't say it was but I'm allowed to complain especially if it's a Friday

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.