What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone watching the World Cup Final? Earps the England goal keeper is yelling things like "duck off" and "duck yeah." Bad form! We don't want the Lionesses to get the reputation of being thugs, like most English football players and fans are seen as. The Lionesses are a chance for England to have a good reputation abroad. There are little girls watching who, for the first time ever, can dream of being professional footballers one day. Let's keep it nice and clean, Earps!

Reactions: 1
Text a friend about 2 weeks ago who didn't reply. Due to the fact that she picks me up and drops me when it suits I kind of just decided not to bother anymore, plus I do have nice friends who don't treat me like that.

She's just text 2 weeks later saying that she's sorry but she 'only just found' my text and asking how I am. I'm just annoyed and wanted to rant about that! Any other of my friends I wouldn't mind as it would be out of character for them but this is typical. Probably texting me because she's bored.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Text a friend about 2 weeks ago who didn't reply. Due to the fact that she picks me up and drops me when it suits I kind of just decided not to bother anymore, plus I do have nice friends who don't treat me like that.

She's just text 2 weeks later saying that she's sorry but she 'only just found' my text and asking how I am. I'm just annoyed and wanted to rant about that! Any other of my friends I wouldn't mind as it would be out of character for them but this is typical. Probably texting me because she's bored.
I know exactly what you mean. I dropped a friend like that.
She wouldn't be in touch for ages and then I would know she was bored, maybe on a long train journey or something when I would hear from her again.

There were other reasons why our friendship didn't last but that was a factor.

Reactions: 5
I know exactly what you mean. I dropped a friend like that.
She wouldn't be in touch for ages and then I would know she was bored, maybe on a long train journey or something when I would hear from her again.

There were other reasons why our friendship didn't last but that was a factor.
I'm sorry you've had this too. It's hard not to get drawn back in!

Reactions: 3

I never believe that "Just seen this" excuse. It's always over and over again from the same people. If they said "Sorry, I've been busy and meant to reply ages ago" that would at least be taking some responsibility. I don't mind people being busy, but with some people it's almost a policy to leave you dangling as long as they can, then reply to do the bare minimum to keep the friendship alive. I broke up with a few formerly close friends over this. Not just this, but it was a symptom of always being low priority to them.

Reactions: 13
People selling stuff on Vinted, FB Marketplace etc. for £2. FFS just give it to a charity shop.
Or the good old fashioned Car Boot Sale, my Brother just been to one.

Reactions: 2
One of my sisters leaves messages unread for ages, and she even has one of those watch yokes that alerts her to all messages.

• Sad
I never believe that "Just seen this" excuse. It's always over and over again from the same people. If they said "Sorry, I've been busy and meant to reply ages ago" that would at least be taking some responsibility. I don't mind people being busy, but with some people it's almost a policy to leave you dangling as long as they can, then reply to do the bare minimum to keep the friendship alive. I broke up with a few formerly close friends over this. Not just this, but it was a symptom of always being low priority to them.
Yep same, it's just one of many symptoms and it's not that they were genuinely too busy. Their reply is just a breadcrumb to keep you where they want you.

One of my sisters leaves messages unread for ages, and she even has one of those watch yokes that alerts her to all messages.
Same, whenever I see this one her phone is always glued to her 😂

Reactions: 4
Not being able to hold certain people accountable these days because they use “my mental health” as the reason for being disrespectful and rude. It really undermines the people who seriously struggle.
A family member was rude to my partner, I called them out on it and suddenly I started getting verbally attacked.
I got blocked on social media & conversation then switched around to “you don’t care about anyone, you don’t know how many issues I have” - no one else in my family or friends who suffer MH problems (even myself!) have ever been rude to my partner over him asking a question to try & find out why our 4 month old son has been super ill this week.
Of course no care or regard is shown for him, it’s all about her issues once she gets called out 🤔 funny how it works like that. Had no issue being rude in the first place but I’m disgusting & disrespectful for calling her out? 🥲

• Heart
The World Cup final 😭
Not denying Spain (obviously) outplayed England but there was still some dodgy ref decisions and Spain’s manager is dodgy af too 😒

Reactions: 10
The World Cup final 😭
Not denying Spain (obviously) outplayed England but there was still some dodgy ref decisions and Spain’s manager is dodgy af too 😒
I didn't watch but I am sad we didn't win, would have been a royal slap in the face of the mens team who haven't won the world
cup in my lifetime. ( I was born 6 months after we did )

Myself and my lack of motivation to do anything
Have a rare day alone in the house so I did the cleaning this morning and I’ve been sat on the sofa watching random crap since. I have so many books I could read, games to play, people I could meet up with but my mind is just like meh and I can’t commit to doing anything… and I know by 6pm I’ll feel guilty for being so lazy 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Have a rare day alone in the house so I did the cleaning this morning and I’ve been sat on the sofa watching random crap since. I have so many books I could read, games to play, people I could meet up with but my mind is just like meh and I can’t commit to doing anything… and I know by 6pm I’ll feel guilty for being so lazy 😂
My lack of motivation lately is really something else.

I have to clean up and tidy up and pack for a few days away but here I am drinking coffee and browsing Tattle.

I'm a bit like that myself, I'm recovering from major surgery so I have to take things easy.
I've been trying to get my arse in the garden but I'm just not motivated enough, today
our Sunday Roast was a bit late and now I can't be arsed to go outside. (20 days post op)

Reactions: 7
My rant today.. next door neighbours cat keeps shitting In my garden. I’ve thrown it over the fence back into hers bloody sick of it I am.

People whingeing about Mary Earps shouting duck off. No one complains when male players swear but apparently it’s not lady like and she’s a bad influence on kids

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
My rant today.. next door neighbours cat keeps shitting In my garden. I’ve thrown it over the fence back into hers bloody sick of it I am.
I read this first and thought you'd thrown the CAT over the fence.
Maybe try that next time if throwing the tit over doesn't work.
I'm also advised that firing a water pistol at the cat deters them. Or getting a dog, but that feels a bit extreme.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
🤦🏻‍♀️ I feel like such a fool. Just bought my little girl some trainers for a treat, but trying to send my mum a link to them find I’ve paid about £20 more for them than I needed to 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.