What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not really a rant but need to get this out.

I had a call with my boss today about my role (I’m on maternity leave) and it was very favourable. Mentioned it to my husband and we started talking about what we can afford etc. He mentioned that when talking to a friend it had hit him that our only holiday this year is a long weekend in Butlins and even then that is pushing our budget a bit.

I’ve been so looking forward to this holiday but now he’s made me feel a bit sad about it. I earn a decent wage and we are by no means on the bread line but we do seem to have so many outgoings that particularly with nursery fees there’s nothing left at the end of each month. I have really made my peace with it and I don’t think I want to go somewhere hot with a 5 mo baby but I’m a bit gutted the shine has been knocked off my holiday.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Absolutely fuming that my period has still not arrived. Ready to cut my tits off.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Being asked a question by family and then having your answer ignored.

Them: What do you want for dinner?

Me: I'm not hungry so toast will do.

Them: I thought we could eat a four-course meal so I'll just do that.

STOP IT

• Wow
Reactions: 5
If I'm reading this correctly and the other person isn't a child. There's no reason why the first person can't' deal with their own shop. If they can't go Tesco also deliver.

Leave the house and find a cafe the next time you need to get some work done.
They are perfectly capable of doing their own shop short of driving. It’s a faff to get there on the bus so I don’t mind driving especially as it’s a big shop to lug back on the bus. I was free to take her and I would have felt tit knowing that she was traipsing there on the bus in the rain when my car is the easier and quicker option. Especially as it’s a big household shop. She won’t do online ordering which is another issue in itself.

It’s just the ungratefulness of everything I do at the moment that’s pissing me off. It’s HER way on HER own schedule or its toys out the pram. The argument literally came out of nowhere. Feel like everyone takes advantage of me and don’t notice how much I do around the house just to keep life turning. Unless it’s not done, and then it’s obviously all my fault for not doing it. Today was the final straw, I’ve got my own tit going on, without taking on other peoples tit and then getting bollocked for no reason for it!

After today, I’ll be doing my own shopping and stepping back from household nonsense. Unless it affects me directly then I won’t be doing it. It’s beyond pathetic. I plan to catch up on my assignment tomorrow and keeping out of her way but no doubt I’ll be accused of “carrying it on” and causing an atmosphere as she I guarantee she won’t back down and apologise. I just can’t be bleeping bothered with it anymore.

Reactions: 2
Not really a rant but need to get this out.

I had a call with my boss today about my role (I’m on maternity leave) and it was very favourable. Mentioned it to my husband and we started talking about what we can afford etc. He mentioned that when talking to a friend it had hit him that our only holiday this year is a long weekend in Butlins and even then that is pushing our budget a bit.

I’ve been so looking forward to this holiday but now he’s made me feel a bit sad about it. I earn a decent wage and we are by no means on the bread line but we do seem to have so many outgoings that particularly with nursery fees there’s nothing left at the end of each month. I have really made my peace with it and I don’t think I want to go somewhere hot with a 5 mo baby but I’m a bit gutted the shine has been knocked off my holiday.
I feel you.

My boyfriend is like that. He is not easily pleased but at the same time he is not getting a higher paid job to be able to afford the lifestyle he wants to have. What are we meant to do?! I’m happy as I am but it can be energy draining always having to keep the positive spirits flowing.

• Heart
This woman I know. I just really need to rant about her!

I avoid her where possible as she irritates me so much! She lies all the time, asks personal questions by asking me my salary or questions about my kids and husband. Overshares a lot, is always full of self pity, how her family never support her, she's shattered blah blah blah. Every school run she looks for me and ends up draining me completely. If I'm with my husband she pretends she hasn't seen me 😂

She is my son's friend's mum. I actually only see her on the school run because I decided quickly to give her a wide berth. But what i don't get is that when I text her at the weekend to ask if her son wants to come over for lunch Thursday she just ignores it. As always! For some reason she always ignores my texts! She'll still post all over her instagram but will ignore me for ages. And then eventually she'll text and apologise saying her phone has been broken or the cat ate the charger or something.

I just dont get it!! And my son wants to know if his friend is coming over tomorrow ive just had to say that it doesn’t look like it. Why can't people just be easy to deal with. I don't expect instant responses and I know people are busy but a bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss.

Sorry if this makes no sense or just sounds petty. When I'm in a ranty mood I ramble on and can't stop 😂
oh my god, I could have written this myself a few months ago. The Mother of my daughters friend. Would massively over share whenever I saw her but in between would leave me hanging for for days and days- not replying to messages. My poor daughter only wanted to know if she could see her friend. She just constantly blew hot and cold on me. Fortunately the kid’s friendship has cooled and my life is calmer for it,

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Going out for tea even in a bog standard green king pub costs a fortune. yeah I appreciated being taken out but would of preferred a food shop what would of fed us for 5days

Reactions: 12
The story about the crooked pub is really getting under my skin ... No idea why. I don't live neat it and I don't go to pubs anyway but just the sheer audacity of the way the new owners have dealt with it makes me mad.

Hopefully the council will order them to rebuild it.
I’m in the midlands too and find this whole incident unbelievable

They are perfectly capable of doing their own shop short of driving. It’s a faff to get there on the bus so I don’t mind driving especially as it’s a big shop to lug back on the bus. I was free to take her and I would have felt tit knowing that she was traipsing there on the bus in the rain when my car is the easier and quicker option. Especially as it’s a big household shop. She won’t do online ordering which is another issue in itself.

It’s just the ungratefulness of everything I do at the moment that’s pissing me off. It’s HER way on HER own schedule or its toys out the pram. The argument literally came out of nowhere. Feel like everyone takes advantage of me and don’t notice how much I do around the house just to keep life turning. Unless it’s not done, and then it’s obviously all my fault for not doing it. Today was the final straw, I’ve got my own tit going on, without taking on other peoples tit and then getting bollocked for no reason for it!

After today, I’ll be doing my own shopping and stepping back from household nonsense. Unless it affects me directly then I won’t be doing it. It’s beyond pathetic. I plan to catch up on my assignment tomorrow and keeping out of her way but no doubt I’ll be accused of “carrying it on” and causing an atmosphere as she I guarantee she won’t back down and apologise. I just can’t be bleeping bothered with it anymore.

You could be extremely polite to her which would freak her out. It's what I do to people I can't stand and it freaks them out not knowing how to take me.

The worst I've ever known it was when one of my bosses "disappeared" for a fortnight. She couldn't take any more from her husband and daughter so just went to save her sanity. It was a massive wake up call for her family realising what she did for them.

You don't want to let it get that bad. So I would opt for super polite then your daughter can't pin anything on you. So in the scenario you gave - yes, offer the lift but if she makes it too late for you to go say it's no longer convenient and that you'll need to rearrange. Then hold firm against all the emotional blackmail she throws at you. Just don't engage and walk calmly out of the room.

I have posh friends who don't scream and shout they just "fridge" you. I've learnt from the best. Always be ladylike. 😁

Going out for tea even in a bog standard green king pub costs a fortune. yeah I appreciated being taken out but would of preferred a food shop what would of fed us for 5days
Omg same. I think it’s never really worth it. £60+ for drinks and food. I’d rather spend that in Aldi. I don’t even think it’s worth it for 90 mins of mediocre food and service 😂

Reactions: 9
Omg same. I think it’s never really worth it. £60+ for drinks and food. I’d rather spend that in Aldi. I don’t even think it’s worth it for 90 mins of mediocre food and service 😂
Got loads of chips served but hardly any portion on the actual food partner had hunters chicken, the chicken was tiny in a little bowl with loads of bbq hardly any cheese, 3 onion rings and a thimble of coleslaw. All i got of him thought it comes with peas too. Well I don't know i didn't read it read bbq and thats a no from me, they take menus away so I wasn't asking for him. I had gammon, im not keen on peas so asked for side salad. I know changing things changes cost for pub im not thick I used to work in a green king as a assistant manager years ago. So I know they dont change it for a full on salad. But still 4 fancy lettuce leaves and one cherry tomato cut in half 😆. Food cooked better than I thought I would be everything edible good job wasn't alot of it. £8plus for two pints of coors 😵. £31ish on food my partner actually paid me a compliment said I can do better at home

Reactions: 2
oh my god, I could have written this myself a few months ago. The Mother of my daughters friend. Would massively over share whenever I saw her but in between would leave me hanging for for days and days- not replying to messages. My poor daughter only wanted to know if she could see her friend. She just constantly blew hot and cold on me. Fortunately the kid’s friendship has cooled and my life is calmer for it,
Sorry you've had this too. The most annoying thing is when she finally gets in touch it will be petty lies that insult my intelligence like 'oh I'm sorry my phone broke so I havent been able to reply'. What she doesn't know is that I can see she's posting all over her insta that everyone should buy her mates wax melts and even a quote making a dig at her family. If she can do that she can reply to let me know if her child can play with mine!

Eta: she doesnt know that I can see she's posted on Instagram, I view it anonymously 😂

After months of work colleagues moaning that no-one was organising a social event, I decided to do it myself and sent out an email last week with a selection of dates. How many replies do you think I’ve had? Five.

Five replies, from a group of about 30 people who repeatedly complained that we never have socials. FFS. I sent a reminder this morning but if I don’t get a decent number of replies again I’m going to bin off the whole idea.

School holidays costing a flipping fortune, and it’s still over 2 weeks until payday 🙈 I’m lucky in the sense that I only have one but as a single parent it still adds up we’re not going away this year as I can’t afford it but all these activities do add up 🙄 I also think these damn tour operators shouldn’t be allowed to charge such extortionate prices for holidays abroad either as I would love to go away but it’s just not feasible with the prices they charge! Feel better for that moan 😆🤣

Hormones..

I’ve put weight on over the past year or so and am struggling to get it to come back off. I used to weigh a lot more so the thought of putting weight back on is really terrifying, coupled with the fact I have loose skin and crap boobs from losing weight I just genuinely feel tit about myself

so I had a massive meltdown at my boyfriend demanding to know if he even finds me attractive (never seen a man look so terrified) and now I feel like a right twit 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
You could be extremely polite to her which would freak her out. It's what I do to people I can't stand and it freaks them out not knowing how to take me.

The worst I've ever known it was when one of my bosses "disappeared" for a fortnight. She couldn't take any more from her husband and daughter so just went to save her sanity. It was a massive wake up call for her family realising what she did for them.

You don't want to let it get that bad. So I would opt for super polite then your daughter can't pin anything on you. So in the scenario you gave - yes, offer the lift but if she makes it too late for you to go say it's no longer convenient and that you'll need to rearrange. Then hold firm against all the emotional blackmail she throws at you. Just don't engage and walk calmly out of the room.

I have posh friends who don't scream and shout they just "fridge" you. I've learnt from the best. Always be ladylike. 😁
I've never heard the term to 'fridge' someone before. How fo you fridge someone? Sounds like a skill I might need to learn myself 😂

I've never heard the term to 'fridge' someone before. How fo you fridge someone? Sounds like a skill I might need to learn myself 😂
It's hard to explain. They just go exceedingly polite and cold (because you've committed a faux pas).
They refuse to get into a screaming match like most people would especially families. It's not ladylike.
It freaked me out the first time they did it to me and really made me think.
So rather than blowing up I try and consider how to get what I want out of the situation in as ladylike a way as I can. I'm not always successful as I am human 😁 but it is less exhausting on me. Being super polite works for me but I find the going cold bit hard. 😀

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.