What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no black folk picking tobacco they must be slaves so triggered - lets whip up an internet army...

...except this is a photo taken in 1907 to promote shade grown tobacco Havana Cigars. It doesn't show slaves in a colonial plantation. It shows free Cubans working in a tobacco plantation.

Reactions: 7
Oh no black folk picking tobacco they must be slaves so triggered - lets whip up an internet army...

...except this is a photo taken in 1907 to promote shade grown tobacco Havana Cigars. It doesn't show slaves in a colonial plantation. It shows free Cubans working in a tobacco plantation.

I have every sympathy for people who suffer real racism, and obviously real racism is immoral and should be stamped out. But this thing of very privileged people calling everything racism? It pisses me off and it is bad for society, imo, because we shouldn't have any words that immediately shut down thoughtful debate. Once someone/something is accused of being racist, everyone goes into panic mode and dare not say "Actually, it isn't." We shouldn't have any words that you can just hurl at someone and they have to stop doing whatever they're doing and have no right of reply.

At uni I shared a flat with a girl who was half black and half white, and she was exactly like this. She was from a VERY rich family, she had all the best clothes and gadgets, went on fancy gap years, was extremely beautiful, very posh in her voice and manner. She had a very Made in Chelsea name - I won't write her real name here, but it was like Lola-Rose Parkinson or something. But she would not stop talking about how everyone else in the flat had white privilege. There were two of us there from a foster/adoption background, who had worked our way up from crappy state schools with no family or money behind us. I never once heard her acknowledge for own privilege, she just went around telling everyone they owed her things because she was so hard done by.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Need to vent. I'm probably getting irrationally annoyed here but hey ho. My daughter is at a holiday camp this week and I've just picked her up today to be informed she needs "old clothes and shoes" for a paintball/colour run type activity tomorrow. Clothes I can deal with but what child has "old shoes" that still fit them? No way is she wearing her new ones which cost £50. Old ones went in the bin last week and were too small anyway. You cannot give parents less than 24 hours notice for this type of thing!!!!!

Need to vent. I'm probably getting irrationally annoyed here but hey ho. My daughter is at a holiday camp this week and I've just picked her up today to be informed she needs "old clothes and shoes" for a paintball/colour run type activity tomorrow. Clothes I can deal with but what child has "old shoes" that still fit them? No way is she wearing her new ones which cost £50. Old ones went in the bin last week and were too small anyway. You cannot give parents less than 24 hours notice for this type of thing!!!!!
can you not just arrange for them to do some sort of plastic covering/bag and rubber band thing ? agreed totally unreasonable

Reactions: 5
When you get a text saying blood test was normal. And then a call because the test results weren't normal and you need to speak to the GP.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
The story about the crooked pub is really getting under my skin ... No idea why. I don't live neat it and I don't go to pubs anyway but just the sheer audacity of the way the new owners have dealt with it makes me mad.

Hopefully the council will order them to rebuild it.

Reactions: 13
When you get a text saying blood test was normal. And then a call because the test results weren't normal and you need to speak to the GP.

My doctor sent me a text saying I had to call them to make an appointment because the dr needed to speak to me ... phoned and was told there's no appointments 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
The story about the crooked pub is really getting under my skin ... No idea why. I don't live neat it and I don't go to pubs anyway but just the sheer audacity of the way the new owners have dealt with it makes me mad.

Hopefully the council will order them to rebuild it.
The owner of the site is the partner of a man who owns a hire company who was in dispute with the brewery over access to a site behind the pub. When it was for sale his partner purchased the pub that then mysteriously burnt down and was demolished 2 days later. Access for the fire brigade was blocked by mounds of earth. The fire brigade had to join 40 lengths of pipe together so they could put water on the fire. The partner of the owner now has unobstructed access to his site behind the pub.

I have lived in so many towns where old historic building mysteriously burn down and get demolished and an ugly block of flats get built.

• Angry
  • Sad
My doctor sent me a text saying I had to call them to make an appointment because the dr needed to speak to me ... phoned and was told there's no appointments 🤷‍♀️
I used to have calls to work from the GP surgery saying to contact the surgery and by the time I got the message it was too late to ring. Worried all night then rang next morning to be told everything was fine!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
This woman I know. I just really need to rant about her!

I avoid her where possible as she irritates me so much! She lies all the time, asks personal questions by asking me my salary or questions about my kids and husband. Overshares a lot, is always full of self pity, how her family never support her, she's shattered blah blah blah. Every school run she looks for me and ends up draining me completely. If I'm with my husband she pretends she hasn't seen me 😂

She is my son's friend's mum. I actually only see her on the school run because I decided quickly to give her a wide berth. But what i don't get is that when I text her at the weekend to ask if her son wants to come over for lunch Thursday she just ignores it. As always! For some reason she always ignores my texts! She'll still post all over her instagram but will ignore me for ages. And then eventually she'll text and apologise saying her phone has been broken or the cat ate the charger or something.

I just dont get it!! And my son wants to know if his friend is coming over tomorrow ive just had to say that it doesn’t look like it. Why can't people just be easy to deal with. I don't expect instant responses and I know people are busy but a bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss.

Sorry if this makes no sense or just sounds petty. When I'm in a ranty mood I ramble on and can't stop 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Needed a food shop, have needed a food shop the last few days to be honest but I held the duck out as I am sick of being the only one to lift a finger in my house. Endless moaning about only having shite left in the house to eat.

Then finally, one member of our house who can’t drive suggested we go to the big tesco to stock up. Fair enough, happy to drive. Only condition is we go early rather than later as I can’t bear school holidays and shopping at tesco as it’s just utter chaos. Plus I’ve got an assignment that I need to write and I want the afternoon uninterrupted. I’m thinking we go about 10ish. Gets to 11am and we still haven’t gone. Ask if she’s ready. No, give me 10 mins. She’s not doing anything of vital importance. 10 mins go by and then ask again. Politely explain that I wanted to go earlier as easier to park/less chaos. Then it’s literally blown up and somehow turned into a massive bleeping argument.

I’ve no idea what I’ve actually done. It was her idea to go shopping. Apparently, she can’t bear when “I get like this” and that me merely standing with the trolley whilst she’s shopping is annoying. We haven’t even GONE yet. Forgive me, but WHAT THE duck ELSE AM I MEANT TO DO? Exclaim with joy over everything she puts in the trolley? Comment on the best before dates?!

At this point, I’ve lost the plot. Told her to duck off with her big shop. We’ve spent the afternoon in silence as I can’t be bothered arguing over what I’m supposed to have even done. She’s now asked my brother to take her to tesco as “I wouldn’t take her.” He’s bleeping miffed as he’s like why didn’t you go earlier? Moaning that he doesn’t want to go as it’s chaos there and that he’s only going as THERES NO bleeping FOOD for his dinner.

Somehow it’s all my fault and I’m the one getting it in the neck now from the both of them. She never apologises which also ticks me off. I’m so sick of it. After every argument, it’s always me that breaks the ice and lets it go without getting an apology because I can’t bear the tension. I get so annoyed with myself as I’m allowing it.

That pissed off that I’ve not spent the afternoon writing my assignment as planned so that’s gone my plans for today down the toilet as well.

• Sad
  • Heart
Needed a food shop, have needed a food shop the last few days to be honest but I held the duck out as I am sick of being the only one to lift a finger in my house. Endless moaning about only having shite left in the house to eat.

Then finally, one member of our house who can’t drive suggested we go to the big tesco to stock up. Fair enough, happy to drive. Only condition is we go early rather than later as I can’t bear school holidays and shopping at tesco as it’s just utter chaos. Plus I’ve got an assignment that I need to write and I want the afternoon uninterrupted. I’m thinking we go about 10ish. Gets to 11am and we still haven’t gone. Ask if she’s ready. No, give me 10 mins. She’s not doing anything of vital importance. 10 mins go by and then ask again. Politely explain that I wanted to go earlier as easier to park/less chaos. Then it’s literally blown up and somehow turned into a massive bleeping argument.

I’ve no idea what I’ve actually done. It was her idea to go shopping. Apparently, she can’t bear when “I get like this” and that me merely standing with the trolley whilst she’s shopping is annoying. We haven’t even GONE yet. Forgive me, but WHAT THE duck ELSE AM I MEANT TO DO? Exclaim with joy over everything she puts in the trolley? Comment on the best before dates?!

At this point, I’ve lost the plot. Told her to duck off with her big shop. We’ve spent the afternoon in silence as I can’t be bothered arguing over what I’m supposed to have even done. She’s now asked my brother to take her to tesco as “I wouldn’t take her.” He’s bleeping miffed as he’s like why didn’t you go earlier? Moaning that he doesn’t want to go as it’s chaos there and that he’s only going as THERES NO bleeping FOOD for his dinner.

Somehow it’s all my fault and I’m the one getting it in the neck now from the both of them. She never apologises which also ticks me off. I’m so sick of it. After every argument, it’s always me that breaks the ice and lets it go without getting an apology because I can’t bear the tension. I get so annoyed with myself as I’m allowing it.

That pissed off that I’ve not spent the afternoon writing my assignment as planned so that’s gone my plans for today down the toilet as well.
Do you all get a shop as a household? Maybe you'd be better off doing your own individual shopping x

Reactions: 3

If I'm reading this correctly and the other person isn't a child. There's no reason why the first person can't' deal with their own shop. If they can't go Tesco also deliver.

Leave the house and find a cafe the next time you need to get some work done.

Do you all get a shop as a household? Maybe you'd be better off doing your own individual shopping x
Yup, after today I’ll be doing my own shopping from now on but that’ll probably cause arguments as I’ll be labelled as selfish for doing my own shop no doubt.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You need to start putting boundaries in for yourself, even if it's seen as selfish. Just because they're family doesn't mean they can treat you badly.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.