What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husbands ex, he still pays maintenance for his youngest every 1st of the month and every month a couple of days before the messages start when am I getting money, what time will it be in then from 6am on the 1st why isn't it in yet
He's just had another one now trying to guilt trip him in to paying early, he doesnt get paid until tomorrow,
then when he doesn't respond I'm reporting you to csa, the thick mare doesn't even realise there is no active case against him because she didn't reapply when it all changed years ago
I'm so sick of it it's not like they are a little kid the are 18 soon and shes not even encouraging them to get a job and start supporting themselves, by the time I was 16 I was working full time and going to college on my day off.
I know it's nothing to do with me but it winds me the duck up
Why isn’t it set up as a standing order? That way it’s automated and this problem wouldn’t be an issue.

Reactions: 3
Just got the results

I failed.
aww i'm so sorry. i think i have mentioned this before but When I did my exams at school the entire class failed English Lit.iDK how that happened . I had heard that in some schools they had been taught the wrong books etc in other years but not with us. Then when I got to Uni in our Media finals we had lots of questions on the media in Eastern Europe, we had had one lecture on it which consisted of a lad whose father was some kind of Eastern European ( i vaguely recall Polish) and based on his experience of going there on holiday and watching their tv and radio etc..I kid you not. This was decades ago and i still am angry about it. This combined with another misfortune meant i got a lower class of degree that i deserved or expected.

(other misfortune was my final dissertation was meant to be marked by a professor who always gave me excellent marks. She was quite elderly and had to take leave when her husband got ill. I was then allocated another professor and she was the one who hated me because i once wrote an essay arguing against Jane Austen - even though cogently reasoned and with evidential /examples.I though we were entitled to our opinions and experiences if we made a case and backed up with examples and no factual errors. One of my study group once wrote an essay on Wuthering Heights where he argued that to him Cathy was Christ and Heathcliff the devil. He often brought his religion into things but was never penalised as we all bring ourselves and our experiences to reading works. That is the point of Uni is it not rather than learning rote)

Reactions: 1
Can’t find the weather thread so I’ll leave it here .

The weather is shocking 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
If you want to go on😍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This is so petty and I know she’s only trying to help but I hate it when my mum reminds me or tells me stuff, it’s my nieces birthday on Wednesday and we’ve already had a conversation about when I’m posting her card/present. She’s messaged me again just now asking if I’d done it yet and I said no I have to do it tomorrow because I’ve had such a busy week (and honestly I’m feeling so low and vulnerable). And (this is the point of the rant) she texts me back and tells me to do it in the morning because post offices close after 12pm on Saturdays. YES I KNOW I’M 38 I haven’t got to 38 without appreciating that post offices and banks have maddeningly inconvenient bloody opening times. IT IS THIS KIND OF tit THAT MAKES MY THROAT FEEL LIKE ITS CLOSING UP.

i just started typing other examples but I’m too bloody irritated to.
I just found out the post office is open til 5:30 round here too 🤣 just stopped myself texting her about it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My daughter has just sent me a picture of the beach she's currently sitting on in Spain ... I have not responded 😄
Send her a picture of your vag.... "Here's when you came from, it's time to stop acting like one"
Put them right off their breakfast 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I get my result for my maths exam next week, I know I failed. The exam was awful the questions were the worst - I'd revised for over a month with the stuff I was told too but when the exam started the questions there was nothing like I'd revised. I put an answer in every box and tried to put workings out but we will see.

I have been trying for 5 years to get into nursing now, 2 years of Access course over covid - given a predicted grade, so i went to uni through clearing came out with a 2:1 hoping they'd take me for nursing with that great grade, I took a maths exam in March but failed by 2 points sat it with sepsis and kidney stones. So I paid £140 to take an online one.

But the universities have to have a maths grade of some sort, if I don't get in this September I have to reapply for next Sept which will be another year. I don't want to have to find a job for year, I have worked so hard and all that is stopping me is maths - even when I did a whole module for maths nursing in my access which I passed.

You'd think the amount of effort I'd put in would mean something with the need for nurses!
So sorry 😞

I’m not really up with requirements for nursing training these days. Is there an apprentice nurse scheme, or nursing associate that you can apply for that doesn’t have such rigid requirements? I always thought that common sense and a caring attitude were the biggest attributes required to be a nurse.

I want to rant about manspreading but on the road. It’s almost always dicks in range rovers or Tesla tanks that just take over the whole of the middle of the road and do NOTHING when you are approaching them in the opposite direction. They just glide past while you have to stop or slow right down wing mirror to wing mirror with parked cars. They don’t even put their hand up to say thanks. One day I’m going to lose my tit at them, turn around and follow them and tell them to go take some bleeping humility lessons and another driving test!!

Reactions: 14
Key here is to stop well in advance at a place of your choosing, and do not tuck in too close. Do not move, and then merrily wave them forward. Let them do the bleeping manoeuvring around you, the dickheads.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Maybe autumn is going to be summer this year with everything being so topsy turvy. ☀🔥🥵🏖😎👙🥤
That's very possible, I do recall in previous years the weather so messed up.

Just had a rumble of thunder and it's dark, gloomy and wet.

Reactions: 2
So sorry 😞

I’m not really up with requirements for nursing training these days. Is there an apprentice nurse scheme, or nursing associate that you can apply for that doesn’t have such rigid requirements? I always thought that common sense and a caring attitude were the biggest attributes required to be a nurse.
There is but they also require you to have a C/5/level 2 in Maths. Unfortunately I don't think there is a way around it.

Im annoyed as I was called a spoilt child for being upset about not getting what I wanted. The fact is I have dyscalculia I'm terrible at maths, but I revised for ages even at the expense of quality time with my child, same for college and university. And all the work experience i have done related to nursing, Covid messed it up the first time aswell so I have a justification for being heartbroken over this.

I don't understand why the university don't look at my access grades, my 2:1 in a health related degree, my passion and dedication, my past work experience, my nursing maths module and make a judgement based on that but ultimately I think its not up to them and courses are over subssubscribed.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You're allowed to feel how you feel. You're not being spoilt at all.

Do you also apply for special accommodations when you take your exams? This could give you up to 25% extra time for the exam.

You just need extra support and to be taught how to work with your condition. Perhaps there's some charities in your local area?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.