What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm Cornish, and just watched a vlog where you have to pay to have your photo taken by the lands end sign post, ffs, that should be free, there's so much down here now you have to pay a small fortune for, the bridge at Tintagel to cross over to really nothing, what an absolute rip off for holiday makers.
And tbh, it ain't that great living down here.

Reactions: 9
Karen Millen dress sizing….how can their size 10, 12 and 16 fit the same- baggy around the waist, but won’t fit around the bust area (with a narrow back)?

I’ve never experienced such inconsistent dress sizing.

Reactions: 2
Friend complains all summer that she can't afford a holiday this year. Fair enough the cost of living has gone extortionate. She makes "poor me" comments everytime anyone mentions their holiday, but the thing is she's made a number of very expensive renovations to her house which was already like a show home. Choose your choice love. I can't stand this perpetual victim mentality😒

Reactions: 12
Moving house. Or not in my case. My buyers pulled out today as we apparently couldn’t agree on a completion date. The truth is they weren’t happy with the suggested date and wanted me to move out asap when I have nowhere to go! Good bleeping riddance. I’m glad I stood my ground
oh no, Im so sorry xx

Got an issue in my personal life which is causing me a lot of issues with family and just my life in general. My personal trainer is aware of that but decided to ask me questions about it mid-session and it just totally threw me off my game. I feel like exercise should be an escape from real life and instead I was reminded of my problems in that moment.

I don’t think he was being malicious but I do feel upset.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry, after coming back from the hospital I have another rant- doctors. I’ve only met a handful who are not arrogant.

Not a rant but a distraught 😫😭
I entered a house of your dreams competition. I couldn't believe it when I saw the house, so I did a deal with fortune and said if so and so happens I will buy a ticket. It happened!!! So ticket bought. A few weeks went by and I started getting really excited with a gut feeling that something amazing was about to happen. Guys I even consulted my horoscope and they were all saying something amazing was about to happen - fated even!!!
Rules of the competition say email, phone and knock on the door at 5pm if you've won. I had a missed call, no email and 5pm has come and gone and no knock at the door!!!
I'm demoralised - my gut feeling is always right usually. 😥

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
ETA. Just ignore me. I was ok till life wagged the house of my dreams under my nose.
I feel a bit selfish now. There's more important things in life. 😬😉

• Heart
Child care over the summer holidays

Basically if you don't book it weeks in advance you don't have a chance in getting it.

I have mixed my dates up for a hospital appointment and thought it was next Thursday 🙃 but its this Thursday and I tried to book my child into child care so I didn't have to pay £20 on bus fare for us both to get there (two buses) and her sit there for ages bored, but apparently its out of the notice period on the website....its Monday??

As a single mum its hard to get child care as it is and my family are all working plus no friends and dad is no hope as he makes a big faff of it all then starts stressing our child out asking too many invasive questions.

I could leave her at home for a bit? She's old enough. Or I could call the child care place and ask if they have space. Like I dont get it what about parents who work shifts or odd patterns.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I would like to rant about the words photo dump. I despise the word dump. It means poo where I’m from. I can’t get on board
with a photo dump. Drives me insane and makes me feel a bit sick😂😂

I feel better now

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I would like to rant about the words photo dump. I despise the word dump. It means poo where I’m from. I can’t get on board
with a photo dump. Drives me insane and makes me feel a bit sick😂😂

I feel better now
HAHA same here. Doesn’t make me think of anything nice🤣

My rant: OTT MILs
Need I say more??!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My husbands ex, he still pays maintenance for his youngest every 1st of the month and every month a couple of days before the messages start when am I getting money, what time will it be in then from 6am on the 1st why isn't it in yet
He's just had another one now trying to guilt trip him in to paying early, he doesnt get paid until tomorrow,
then when he doesn't respond I'm reporting you to csa, the thick mare doesn't even realise there is no active case against him because she didn't reapply when it all changed years ago
I'm so sick of it it's not like they are a little kid the are 18 soon and shes not even encouraging them to get a job and start supporting themselves, by the time I was 16 I was working full time and going to college on my day off.
I know it's nothing to do with me but it winds me the duck up

Reactions: 8
Hopefully the final chapter about wallet guy: This evening he sent me a message saying he couldn't come tomorrow, is Sunday alright?

I deleted my address from the chat, then sent this: "Dude, I'm just going to give it in at the station, it's not my job to look after a stranger's valuables. Most people would have said thanks for finding it!"

I know some Tattlers recommended not talking to him, but my blood was boiling and I wanted to say something so that I can know that I stood up for myself. I restricted the chat, so he can see it, but I can't see his reply. Pain in the arse that I now have to go to the police station because that'll take up a whole chunk of my day. But at least I'll be rid of him!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My husbands ex, he still pays maintenance for his youngest every 1st of the month and every month a couple of days before the messages start when am I getting money, what time will it be in then from 6am on the 1st why isn't it in yet
He's just had another one now trying to guilt trip him in to paying early, he doesnt get paid until tomorrow,
then when he doesn't respond I'm reporting you to csa, the thick mare doesn't even realise there is no active case against him because she didn't reapply when it all changed years ago
I'm so sick of it it's not like they are a little kid the are 18 soon and shes not even encouraging them to get a job and start supporting themselves, by the time I was 16 I was working full time and going to college on my day off.
I know it's nothing to do with me but it winds me the duck up
Doesn't child maintenance end when they turn 18?

My ex is always moaning that he wishes it was like 15/16 that way he can stop paying in 4 years

Reactions: 1
Can you give examples of what you are talking about? I’m interested in your view and think I agree, I’m just not sure of what exactly you mean necessarily.
It all started for me when I was debating shelling out for a course of Baby music and sign classes type thing. I decided that although all the websites about it stated the huge benefits to babies I was interested enough to see what was supporting these claims.

After a lot of internet rabbit holing I found some actual studies. Suffice to say it was extremely underwhelming but you could see how huge claims and leaps had been made and then just quoted as sources from other websites, with almost no link back to the research.

Same goes for all things "attachment". So completely misunderstood and bandied around. Baby led weaning is very trendy - and very light on actual evidence. Co sleeping - hot potato and yet bizarrely in this case the evidence is real, and the parenting websites dispute it(?)

Breastfeeding benefits are hugely over hyped, although I fully support it, I wanted the facts. The book "Cribsheet" was a revelation for me. Was recently interested to get to the bottom of claims that breast milk composition changes when babies are ill, because I thought it was interesting. After a lot of leg work I found the study the claims came from. As with most of this stuff the study ended on the phrase "initial findings indicate XXX but requires further study". Headlines always leave out the crucial last bit of that sentence it seems 🧐

Now wondering where the evidence for "gentle parenting" came from. Most of this stuff is anecdotal yet is taken as fact so I suspect the same.

These are just some examples, Im back to work now so my boring debunking hobby isn't getting so much time 😂

Reactions: 1
Me, stupidly drinking coffee when I'm already stressed out/anxious and making it 10 times worse. Aarghh I'll never learn!

I don’t know what is going on atm but I am permanently starving. I usually intermittent fast but I get so hungry that I feel sick and have to eat. It’s not a normal “hmm I’m a bit peckish” it’s permanently ravenous. I can have Last night I had a full Sunday dinner and was starving not even an hour later

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.