What are you cooking for dinner?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m feeling like crap and we’ve had a bit of a nightmare day today so my boyfriend will have beans on toast or something later as he’s one of those crazy people who can happily go without eating BUT I’m just about to do a vegan shawarma kebab in a pita with some homemade chips haha not very healthy but feel like I need it today!!

Reactions: 3
A veggie sausage cassoulet from Hello Fresh. I felt sick so hardly ate any but hubby enjoyed it. First time I’ve had Linda McCartney veggie sausages and they were ok. I get the feeling they’re better in that kind of dish than they might be on their own in a breakfast.

Today I’m using up what I’ve got indoors. So, it’s a cheese, tomato and pancetta omelette. With some crinkle cut oven chips and a side of 🚀

last night it was chicken sausages, 2 large carrots chipped and a whole broccoli chopped, 2 few potatoes quartered, plomped it into 2 oven trays with high edges, boiled the kettle and mixed in fore veg stock cudes with a jar and poured over the lot, in the oven for an hour and was delicious.....tonight its plain old chicken burgers and noodles...its near the end of the month and I am super skint lol xx

Reactions: 1
Last night it was sausage, mash and veg in a big yorkie. Tonight it is spicy tomato pasta with IKEA meatballs

Last night I tried one of the Amy’s Kitchen canned tomato soups. It was very sweet, noticeably so and the reviews said the same. Had it with a peanut butter sandwich. Got it on offer. Not sure if I’d buy again, and especially not full price.

Having a Waitrose fish pie tonight.

Its an After School Club night here so we have quick Homemade Pizza with cucumber and pepper sticks and tortilla chips. Banana smoothie to follow! We freeze overripe bananas and use them up this way!

A veggie sausage cassoulet from Hello Fresh. I felt sick so hardly ate any but hubby enjoyed it. First time I’ve had Linda McCartney veggie sausages and they were ok. I get the feeling they’re better in that kind of dish than they might be on their own in a breakfast.
Did you get the plain or flavoured ones? I prefer the flavoured ones, chorizo and the rosemary ones.

Did you get the plain or flavoured ones? I prefer the flavoured ones, chorizo and the rosemary ones.
I think they were plain - I will have a look for the flavoured ones though they sound nice!

Tonight is chicken massaman curry - another Hello Fresh option. It’s a speedy one so the potatoes are pre done and the whole thing will only take 10 mins to knock together apparently!

Last edited:
Chicken sausage casserole tonight! My fave dinner to cook cos I whack it in now and just leave it until 7/8pm when we’re ready! 😂👍

• Heart
Has anyone ever cooked with tempeh? I’ll wait for the tumbleweed to blow.around..

• Haha
Has anyone ever cooked with tempeh? I’ll wait for the tumbleweed to blow.around..
No I have never managed to find it!
It’s so nice when I’ve had it in Indonesia but I bet it would taste like a flip flop if I tried to cook it

Veggie chilli tonight, boring but easy!

No I have never managed to find it!
It’s so nice when I’ve had it in Indonesia but I bet it would taste like a flip flop if I tried to cook it
I’ve just seen a recipe for a tempeh chilli on the Naturally Ella website. Served with cornbread, which I love and often make.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.