What are you cooking for dinner? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For dinner I've made some prawn spring rolls then it's beef massaman and a veg panang curry with jasmine rice.
Oh this sounds sooo good

I'm making sea bass rasam with turmeric potatoes from my NOPI cookbook and drinking a lot of wine because this weather is crap

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm roasting a red pepper which desperately needed using with some cherry tomatoes, garlic, a couple of anchovies and some chilli flakes, then I'm going to stick it in my wee blender with some toasted nuts and parmesan to make a kind-of red pepper pesto, then have that with pasta and the rest of my out-of-date-but-still-totally-fine mozzarella. [ETA oh and some lovely basil!]

All my cooking at the moment is generally about how to use up semi-expired food, so as not to waste anything.

• Heart
We just had a Chinese chicken curry. BBC Good Food recipe. Nice though it was it tasted nothing like a Chinese curry. Toddler has covered herself and the floor in rice.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm roasting a red pepper which desperately needed using with some cherry tomatoes, garlic, a couple of anchovies and some chilli flakes, then I'm going to stick it in my wee blender with some toasted nuts and parmesan to make a kind-of red pepper pesto, then have that with pasta and the rest of my out-of-date-but-still-totally-fine mozzarella.

All my cooking at the moment is generally about how to use up semi-expired food, so as not to waste anything.
I did a similar thing last week. Sad looking aubergine and squidgy red pepper. Roasted with an onion, garlic and cherry tomatoes. After cooking i put in the last of the bag of coriander i had and whizzed it up. Had with pasta. Lush...

Reactions: 1
Sicilian sardine linguine (with tinned sardines, pine nuts, saffron, raisins, onion, fennel seeds, olive oil)
Grapefruit, feta and pomegranate salad

I had a stray grapefruit and I forgot to get something out of the freezer for dinner. The tinned sardines were meant for the dogs.
Wow, that sounds like an epic meal that you threw together. 👌

Nothing - my husband is making a creamy chicken casserole with spinach and wild rice.

We had our first ever Chinese takeaway (we don’t ever get it the two of us, we do eat it out with fam)

beef in black bean sauce
egg fried rice
squid in salt and chili
chips
prawn crackers

ROLL ME AWAY 😂

• Heart
Steak, mushrooms and onions with bread, not just any bread but a cob from Morrisons, sliced....

Got Lamb this week for Sunday Lunch, no brussels but we do have a sweetheart cabbage.

Oh on the subject of Brussels, I bought some from Morrisons last week, they were smaller than
the last packet my Brother bought. On Thursday we had Sausages and mash with the brussells
and they were fine.

I had vegetable tartlets. The whole tartlet had a cream cheese base. One had a topping of peppers, garlic and onion, and the other had garlic, mushroom, onion and ham. Not the healthiest but it's my weekend treat!

Roast beef
yorkshire puds
roast potato’s
cauliflower cheese
glazed carrots
peas

one bonus of the weather being pants is that we can have a comfort dinner!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Minted lamb chops, mash potato, minted peas, Yorkshire pudding and all the gravy. All homemade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.