What are you cooking for dinner? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sicilian sardine linguine (with tinned sardines, pine nuts, saffron, raisins, onion, fennel seeds, olive oil)
Grapefruit, feta and pomegranate salad

I had a stray grapefruit and I forgot to get something out of the freezer for dinner. The tinned sardines were meant for the dogs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks @Suzesnooze. I'm a johnny come lately to this thread, which is defo taking the edge off not being able to go to a restaurant and peruse a menu 😁😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Char siu roast pork tonight with veg and rice. Really tasty, should probably have got a bigger piece of pork to have leftovers.

Reactions: 2
We had bbq for lunch so just something light for dinner. I’m making chorizo and cheese tarts with some pastry I have in the fridge,

We had macaroni cheese with breadcrumb and spring onion topping. Had it with oven chips. Total carb overload 😋🤣

Reactions: 9
Thai green curry not as hot as I like it though to please the partners taste. But might put some fresh chilli on top when finished

Reactions: 5
I had a oven baked sourdough with cheese and tzatiki (can never spell it) dip to dip it in. I had mine by myself as my husband put the babe to bed and to eat in silence was heavenly 😂

Reactions: 8
A chickpea stew. I sometimes add chorizo to it but not today.

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 tbsp / 30 ml oil (I used olive oil)
  • 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
  • 3 tsp cumin (ground)
  • 1½ tsp smoked paprika (ground)
  • ¼-½ tsp cayenne pepper or hot chilli powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 2-3 tsp brown sugar
  • black pepper, to taste
  • 2 x 400 g tins of diced tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp of tomato paste
  • 1½ cups of cooked chickpeas
  • 200 g of spinach
  • cooked rice (I used brown), to serve with

METHOD
  1. Heat up the oil in a large frying pan. Add chopped onion and fry on a low heat until almost translucent, stirring from time to time.
  2. Add chopped garlic. Keep on stirring frequently until the onion is translucent and garlic softens completely and releases its beautiful aroma.
  3. Add all the ground spices to the fried onion and garlic mixture and stir them around well. Fry them off gently for a minute or two stirring the whole time as they burn easily.
  4. Add tomato paste to the pan and stir it into the onion and garlic mixture.
  5. Add tomatoes to the pan, salt and half of the sugar. Let the sauce thicken by simmering it on a low heat with no lid on. Give the sauce a good stir from time to time.
  6. Once the sauce thickens, taste it and season with some black pepper and more sugar if needed.
  7. Stir in cooked chickpeas and let them warm through. Now add in the spinach and place the lid on to let spinach wilt and cook in the steam. If you are not in a rush, you can gently pan-fry the spinach in a little olive oil and garlic separately and then add it to the dish, but that’s optional.
  8. Serve over rice.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Beef keema biryani and homemade cake for afters. Great to taste but not great for the waistline! Lol

• Heart
Had baked potatoes with jazzed up baked beans (added vinegar and hot sauce) plus nutritional yeast on top.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.