Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MotherofDragons

I'm super excited, my other half is 'eating out to help out' with his friends this evening so I've bought myself a nice piece of sirloin steak for a treat as he doesn't eat steak so we never have it. I'm having it with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes which i'll do in the same pan as the steak and some rocket. Might put a few skin-on fries in the oven too.

You can tell I don't get out much can't you.

Reactions: 8

nbt

VIP Member
Had bbq steak with salad yesterday
Today having roast chicken dinner with honey parsnips and carrots, stuffing, cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes, mash and cabbage
If you could just PM me your address, I’ll be on my way. Will social distance and bring my own plate and cutlery, thanks 👍🏻😂

• Haha

grumpycat

VIP Member
I had a oven baked sourdough with cheese and tzatiki (can never spell it) dip to dip it in. I had mine by myself as my husband put the babe to bed and to eat in silence was heavenly 😂

Ttj

Cheesecake.
300g of Biscoff biscuits about a pack and half mixed with 125g melted butter (I used unsalted ) press down into a cake tin to make a nice thick base. Then put in a large bowl 500g Philadelphia full fat cheese (nearly 3 small £1 tubs in Asda) ,100g of icing sugar, 250g of lotus smooth spread, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract. Mix all together for about 30 seconds with a electric mixer. Then gradually add a whole pot of double cream 300g until it’s all combined and to a thick consistency. Spread the mixture on top of the base and set in the fridge overnight or 9 hours when the cheese cake is set melt 1tbsp of Biscoff spread in the microwave for 20 seconds and with a spoon splatter it over the top in lines. Then add some thinly grated Biscoff biscuits and whipped cream for decoration or just whole Biscoff biscuits. It’s so naughty but sooo nice 🤤 I hope this is explained good enough :)

Sorry that was supposed to say crush the biscuits to dust before adding the butter

• Heart
Reactions: 7

nbt

VIP Member
Steak and home made chips with onion rings, vine tomatoes and rocket. Hoping there’s a peppercorn sauce packet in the cupboard somewhere too 🤞🏻

• Heart

neo_wales

Grandkids round today, she's 7 and he's 12, fantastic children and got them all to myself as everyone else is working so GD and I made Challah bread and she is getting so good at plaiting the bread :) So lunch today is various cold deli meats, roast chicken wings, olives, kosha gherkins, garlic mayonnaise with salad. GS made a fabulous garlic/tarragon dressing for the salad.

Get them cookin young, stops them becoming 'fussy' eaters if they get exposed to a wide variety of food at a very young age. Iced mango juice for them, and a nice iced dry white for me...life is good.

Readread

VIP Member
Made a keto beef curry. It tasted rank so I added some peanut butter and it's still rank...

• Haha
  • Heart

Blahblah93

VIP Member
Breakfast for dinner!
Sausages
Poached egg
Bacon
Black pudding
Beans
Hash browns
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Toast

• Heart
Reactions: 6

emm

VIP Member
I am so hungover today! My boyfriend and I started drinking red wine like it was water. 😂😂 there is only one thing that cures a hangover (apart from a bacon sandwich) and that is a roast dinner. I did roast lamb. Gravy was added after the photo was taken! View attachment 159735
How you managed to cook this with a hangover is beyond me 😂😂😂 hangover food for me is Diet Coke and takeaway/ just a bag of crisps 😂

• Haha

Jennyie

Roast chicken & co - standard Sunday fayre

We had baked eggs is a very garlicky spicy tomato sauce topped with feta and coriander for brunch with warm pittas (loathe to call it shakshuka, people seem to get territorial about it. I’ve travelled a lot in the Middle East and the best shakshuka I’ve ever eaten was in...Manila)

I’ve also made apple sauce from unused apples

Made a pav bhaji to have for lunches in toasted chapatis and rotis

Started off a kimchi with odds and ends of vegetables too

• Heart