What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MIL had our wedding pic on display - but you can't see me above the wedding flowers. She spends money on the cheapest rubbish for us but her other son and his kids get the good stuff - he always gets a secret present which is accidently divulged to us. Feel sorry for my OH but we have a private joke about it and I think that takes the sting out of it .

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
When I was 13 I got plastic jewellery for Christmas from my grandparents (my auntie did the shopping), I couldn’t even fit the bracelets over my fingers..

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Just commenting to bump this thread as I enjoy reading them so much 🤣🤣 I am genuinely in fits of laughter at some, gobsmacked at others 😳

Xmas is on it's way! 😜🎁

• Heart
Reactions: 5
-A carton of cigarettes. I have never smoked.
-A bar of soap.
-A case of margarine with an outdated marked up cook book.

-A size 8 silk number the day after I gave birth.
All my MIL.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
My sister, bless her got me Ferraro rocher. Great! Love them. Went to open them, they were 2 years out of date. Asked her about them and she laughed and said she found them in her loft and re-gifted. Duh! It always makes me chuckle, there would have been no malice but I did re-gift something the year after and gave to her as payback 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not the worst birthday present but a re-gifted one from a friend at work.

I knew it was re-gifted because I gave her it her for Christmas 8 mths before.

I didn't have the heart to tell her because she was so nice presenting it to me in the office. lol

Pissed myself telling hubby later at lunch though. (he worked in a different dept.)

Reactions: 1
When I was a kid, my dad was notorious for ridiculous gift buying. Maybe not the worst in some respects but absolutely never what I wanted or knew what to do with.

11th birthday - portable CD player, which sounds amazing yet nobody owned any CDs...

10th birthday - A barcode battler, if anyone of a certain age remembers them. A bizarre games console type thing were you scanned the barcode on tins of beans & it would ‘fight’ something!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcode_Battler (in case anyone wants to read about my enviable gift 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Woman I work with volunteers at a charity shop on a Saturday so Christmas presents are usually a body lotion set with something missing she’s got free from the charity shop.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Twenty adult full size ties, when I was 7 years old. A gift from my dad's cousin who is a doctor.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I bought my FIL something I thought he'd really like for his birthday. It was linked to something he has a real interest in (a hobby). At Christmas I got it wrapped up and given back to me!

• Wow
  • Haha
When I was living in Switzerland my mother sent me a package and didn't mark it as a gift. There was a book inside, from a charity shop, that she valued at $2000. I had to pay customs fees on it and was not pleased to say the least 😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Not a present I received, but my dad is the worst at gifting. He will think of something practical for my mum or something he really wants. One year he bought her a Henry Maske CD for Christmas. My mum asked if she should play that as background music for their next fight :ROFLMAO:
edit: Henry Maske was a professional boxer from Germany

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Firstly, yes, I’m a bad person.

Two of the worst gifts I received were from the same person - photo magnet (?) of my friend’s kids and a desk calendar with photos of the kids each month.

Bless the kids but they’re not mine, I don’t want to see them every day!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I had a dustpan and brush set as a present once, from an ex-boyfriend. I was fairly offended by this outdated, sexist and frankly cheap present, but I now have a Miele vacuum which is brilliant, so that would have been a lot better! (still probably wouldn’t have used it much more than the dustpan and brush to be honest, and then there’s the other issue of a man buying such a thing as a gift for a woman. Women, know your place! - etc)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I've twice received Jo Malone candle boxes from my sister which did not contain Jo Malone candles, the boxes were just used to package something else (which were nice presents, but don't raise my hopes first eh?)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I've twice received Jo Malone candle boxes from my sister which did not contain Jo Malone candles, the boxes were just used to package something else (which were nice presents, but don't raise my hopes first eh?)
You just reminded me of another bad gift 😂 I received an Ugg boot box that contained the Penneys/Primark SLIPPER VERSION, not even ones I could wear outside 😂😂😂 (This was around 2005 and I really wanted Uggs, my sister got real ones and bought me the rip offs for Xmas 🥴)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Pink tassel earrings that looked like a curtain tie back
A tank top with a cartoon print of Princess Ariel but a punk version with black lipstick and tattoos?!!?
A purple cushion, that when you squeezed it, it sang 'WILD THING, YOU MAKE MY HEART SING!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Pink tassel earrings that looked like a curtain tie back
A tank top with a cartoon print of Princess Ariel but a punk version with black lipstick and tattoos?!!?
A purple cushion, that when you squeezed it, it sang 'WILD THING, YOU MAKE MY HEART SING!
I read that as Princess Anne, and was thinking 'She REALLY needs to show us that top' 😂

• Haha