Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
A dressing gown from my mother-in-law one Christmas. In a size 20-22. I'm a size 6-8. Interestingly enough SHE'S a size 20-22 though.
Moral of the story, if you're going to regift, at least have the decency to pretend to give a shit :mad:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 136

Impleo

VIP Member
It's that time of year when I have to face the fact that I am another year older. Postman delivers a parcel, I open it up excitedly and it's from my mother (and father but she does the shopping).....

It's a pair of f*cking gardening gloves. I don't have a garden, I don't own a blade of grass! She gave birth to me, she has visited this house countless times and she thinks "what would my daughter like most on her birthday, I know, a pair of gardening gloves for the garden that she doesn't have!" I do love my parents, they are good people, but really.... I am now going to do something ridiculous to them involving a pair of scissors to at least get some amusement and value out of them.

What are the worst, most useless present you have received?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96

longdongsilver

The sentiment is there but my husband had my first post csection photo printed onto canvas.... he thought he had ordered it in 30cm but it was in fact in inches 😂😂😷. Like its huge and the ugliest i have ever looked in my life

• Haha
Reactions: 83

Vera Stanhope

Chatty Member
Last Christmas I got Biscuits from my MIL which would have been nice had they not been opened and the packaging stuck back down with sellotape. I swear one was actually missing. 😳🤣. And they were soft!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83

Catwinky

Chatty Member
When I was in my early 20s my Dad said I haven't got you anything for your birthday or christmas (they're days apart), because you've had a few meals at mine this year and you still owe me £6 for your chinese last week so you've had your presents.

King amongst men my father.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I asked my ex for a foot massager, I got a dancing flower in a pot also he told me he was taking me out for an anniversary meal so I got all dressed up with heels etc, we ended up on the A road in a muddy lay by at a burger van.
I'm struggling to understand why he's your ex 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 52

Wolfshead

I'm cackling at this thread 😂
These are not as bad as everyone else's but...
A woman I worked with for only a 2 months bought me vibrator for Christmas.
My Uncle and Aunt who are very rich, gave me a "charity donation" gift even though they knew I was struggling financially at the time.
My BEST friend who knows I don't drink espressos (as caffeine makes my anxiety worse), gave me an espresso cup, same friend also re-gifted me back a present I gave her in the same year.
My Great Aunt gave me a Kama Sutra book for my 16th birthday
An ex boyfriend gave me the most hideous dress I've ever seen. It was a mini dress with puffy shoulders, in that horrible synthetic shiny material, neon blue, with cheap crystals stuck to it, it was also about 2 size too big for me.
A packet of cigarettes, not that bad, as I do smoke, but I though it was a weird gift... Like but me a fancy lighter or an ashtray if you wanted to get me a smoking related gift.
You've reminded me! My sister, dissatisfied with the performance of a new vibrator she'd bought, gifted it to a friend for Christmas. When I expressed my ... surprise, she said "Well, I washed it first". Oh well, that's all right then.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

Thechubbymoaner

VIP Member
My mother in law (who is a massive bitch) gave me a scarf for Christmas, telling me she got it in a craft fair, hand knitted. She didn't remove the little sticky Primark label. It was a nice scarf, no need to lie. My ex also got me a set of chopsticks and some burned cds for Christmas. I was mortified. I got him a new phone

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49

KateESJ

VIP Member
My MIL got my ex (then husband) a set of matching Father and Son t-shirts for his birthday.

..a month after our son died.

I was like... wtf.
She’s never been the sharpest tool in the shed, but seriously?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Had to run off to come here and post this lmao.

Yesterday we are doing some last minute shopping. We go past jewelers and were nosing and my fellas like awww do you like these earrings and I'm like ewwww. Only to open my presents this morning and I'm greeted by said earrings 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 yes I'm wearing them to #bekind

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

PurpleRox

The worst one was a flake one Christmas from my step sister together with a note that they are thinking of donating money to build toilets in some country 🤬🤬🤬
I sound ungrateful but really come on

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
One year my ex gave me an iron he'd got free at work and another year a sandwich toaster, it was ex display so there was no box it was just wrapped in a carrier bag! He also bought me an awful pair of scratchy lacy knickers with his football team on🙄
His mother hated me and was a tight old bag, she gave me cheap crap she got in jumble sales etc she even begrudged spending £20 on a t-shirt my ex asked for. One year she gave me some chenille gloves, I was quite impressed, thought I'd finally got something half decent, turns out they were indeed half decent as once I put them on there were holes in some of the finger tips!😂 Clearly another boot sale buy.
Talking of gloves reminds me of my 25th 'birthday present' from an ex. He presents me a shiny mulberry box whilst grinning ear to ear. I am also grinning from ear to ear at this point. I eagerly opened the box and saw I had some gorgeous Mulberry gloves. I tried one on. Fitted like a glove excuse the pun. I tried the other one on. It was also a left hand glove. Turns out he had gone to a shoplifter for them and the high end stores often put 2 left shoes, gloves etc out so they are no use to shoplifters lol. If I could of wedged the second left glove on I think I'd have strangled him on the spot.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

LittleMy

VIP Member
A plastic Harry Potter wand that did nothing but light up when you shook it - so, essentially, a torch. I was 24. It was a Christmas present from my ex. We’d been together for approx. 7 years at the time. He’d left it until Christmas Eve as usual to go trawling through the shops before deciding on the torch and then buggering off to get pissed in the pub with his mates and woke me up at 5am steaming drunk (I had a 12hr shift starting at 8) and handed me that. He’s lucky I didn’t stick it up his shitter. We broke up a couple of months later (not just because of the torch).

The best of it is, when I asked him why he thought that was an appropriate gift (I’d bought him great gifts that I knew he’d love and put lots of effort and thought in) his response was, “Well I thought it was one of those ones you could turn the TV channel over with.” So essentially, a universal remote. Like that was any better! 😂 FML

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Sparks

Chatty Member
My mother in law gave me eye makeup remover for Christmas. I thought that was really nice and thoughtful so the next time I saw her I told her I tried it and really liked it. She said someone had gifted it to her and it burned her eyes 😐

My husband bought me a memory card for my camera for Valentine's day, how romantic...😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
A pink blanket with sleeves
a picture of 3 cats I’d made my dad a year earlier-but it was now framed
snowball shaped candles
a photo of me holding my newborn baby-taken at a bad angle and I had pnd at the time-I’m that white I look see through
A house coat-with a pattern you don’t see outside the 60’s (a housecoat-I was 22!)
cook books from the 80’s
shoes that where second hand-had clearly been worn and where 3 sizes too small
3 plates that were chipped to hell-just the plates-I had 4 kids at the time
a nightie that was that short I’ve worn longer crop tops-in a size 4-6 I’m a 14-clear dig at my weight
a Janet Jackson cd-I don’t have a CD player and have never listened to her music
a box of strawberry chocs-with 4 missing-I hate strawberries
5 sticks of Blackpool rock-that has been doing the rounds in raffles for at least 15 years
a broken DVD player
a child’s colouring book that had been coloured in-I was 30

im not a greedy person (if you can’t afford something don’t buy me it) but my mother is a (Millionaire) narcissist who used to take great delight in giving me tat while buying my siblings lovely stuff

we don’t speak anymore which saves me from having to hang onto this crap just in case she found out and beat me with that guilt stick narcs love to use

The worst one was a flake one Christmas from my step sister together with a note that they are thinking of donating money to build toilets in some country 🤬🤬🤬
I sound ungrateful but really come on
I did buy my dad 50 condoms and a goat for a 3rd world country) but he asked us to do this
the following year we did the same but with mango trees
the year after we bought him a toilet
he’s very easy to please…

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
So not exactly a weird gift more of a weird situation.

A few weeks back I was out Christmas shopping with my sister and she said she was going to get me a present. Not a Christmas present just a present for now (i’d helped her out with something but told her she didn’t need to but she insisted) said she wanted to get me one of those shortbread tins from M&S. so that was really thoughtful. I love shortbread.
So we go in and I saw that light projector one and it looked really nice. On the way to the till and my sister spots a different tin. Bigger but just a plain tin and says that because there’s more biscuits in the plain tin, her husband would probably like that better. And I’m standing there wondering why her husband’s opinion is such a big factor in my present.
So she’s picks that one up, pays for it and then puts it into a carrier bag. And that’s the last I ever saw of it.
Now I’m wondering did my present just get given away to someone better? 🤷‍♀️ Why not just say you wanted to buy your husband a tin? Where did I come in to it?

So yeah. Can’t say it’s the worst present I’ve received because I didn’t even receive it 🤦‍♀️😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36