What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My sister bought me a menstrual cup a few years ago. Never used it. I'm sure they're great but not for me.

One year at Christmas from the inlaws I got this really nice looking cardigan, then when I looked at it closely it was a maternity one. I wasn't pregnant. She also bought me knickers another year, we'd been living with them inbetween house moves so presumably she'd seen mine weren't in the best condition but no DIL wants their MIL to pick out their pants for them! They were all high leg ones too which I never wear (but she does)...had a lovely conversation with the woman on the refunds desk at M&S about it 🤣
My MIL bought me the pants I always wear for xmas last year. They're all lace thongs from Victoria's Secret and they're pretty skimpy. I thought it was a wee bit weird too :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
My mum always buys me hideous clothes or pjs for Christmas and they are always at least one size too small. Just one of her ways of getting a dig in 🙄 They go straight in the charity bag 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My now husband bought me some spray olive oil when we were dating, he thought it was a funny, private joke kinda gift because I never used my kitchen (at the time I had a very social job and also life so just never stayed in and cooked).

..I promise he has improved slightly since ;)

Reactions: 4
My sister bought me a menstrual cup a few years ago. Never used it. I'm sure they're great but not for me.
that is, hands down, the most bizarre gift? I bought myself one and it’s no picnic to use (I still haven’t managed to get the damn thing up there) so I can’t imagine why you’d get someone one as a gift unless they’d asked for it.

Reactions: 7
Me too! from the in-laws on more than one occasion :LOL: Butmaybe it's my fault because I also didn't want it 🤣
Mine was from an in-law too or will we say outlaw 😂😂😂😂 honestly if you’re gonna regift I would think one should at least keep track off who gifted it to you to start with 😭😭😭

Reactions: 5
I was regifted a gift I’d bought someone before 🙃😂
Many years ago my grandparents bought a car cleaning set for my Grandad's brother in law, it had a to and from section on the packaging which they filled in. Grandad received it back the next Christmas still with thier writing on (to A..... from C.... & A..) Grandad was C.... !!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
This thread is gold! 🤣
My in-laws are also the wost, thankfully they dislike me so much they totally refuse to gift to me, I feel blessed having read this 🤣. It pees me off they cannot be bothered to send my OH even a card, there his bloody family but make such a fuss of getting each other the biggest card they can find.
We now have very little to do with them, but thats a whole other story.

I think the wost gift i was ever given was a leaving gift from a short contract i did, i wasn't expecting anything, i felt bad because it came from such a lovely lady she was quite eccentric, but it was a green god awful old lad style mini handbag which was clearly from a charty shop (or her own) i had been used and smelt of old lady, she told me it was for when i whent out 🤦‍♀️ I still appreciate the thought. I stuck it the back of my wardrobe and found it years later still smelling of old lady. I couldn't even bring my self to charity shop it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This thread is gold! 🤣
My in-laws are also the wost, thankfully they dislike me so much they totally refuse to gift to me, I feel blessed having read this 🤣. It pees me off they cannot be bothered to send my OH even a card, there his bloody family but make such a fuss of getting each other the biggest card they can find.
We now have very little to do with them, but thats a whole other story.

I think the wost gift i was ever given was a leaving gift from a short contract i did, i wasn't expecting anything, i felt bad because it came from such a lovely lady she was quite eccentric, but it was a green god awful old lad style mini handbag which was clearly from a charty shop (or her own) i had been used and smelt of old lady, she told me it was for when i whent out 🤦‍♀️ I still appreciate the thought. I stuck it the back of my wardrobe and found it years later still smelling of old lady. I couldn't even bring my self to charity shop it.
Your last line has me in stitches 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
A DIY craft kit for making a model Christmas tree with pipe cleaners (given to me by an uncle I don't get along with)
A Body Shop mango gift set - from someone who knows I have a nasty allergy to mangoes

My aunt once told me off for buying Molton Brown shower gel as I "couldn't afford it" and "shouldn't be spending money on it" (not the case, evidently.) That Christmas I received a bottle of Soap 'n' Glory shower gel with a note indicating this is what she thought should be within my price range!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Not really in the category of worst presents but getting married surprises you with how much people give as a gift.

The person who gave us the most was unemployed. We had known him for a few years but didn't see him regularly. He actually asked us in advance if his planned amount was enough as he was worried it was too little and would offend us.

One of our guests didn't even give us a card. He earns six figures and lives (presumably rent free) with his also wealthy family. He'd known my husband since school and they see each other fairly regularly. He actually told my husband that he didn't want to leave cash lying around the venue so left it at home until he sees us next time. He's never mentioned it since.

We never asked our guests for gifts or money but the difference between those two guests was amusing.

Just remembered writing this that the only thing one of the best men gave us was a Christmas card 😂

Reactions: 13
Never received a truly bad present, but I got some purple hair dye as a Secret Santa present one year. Just thought it was quite random. It was given to me in a ripped cardboard box too.
I know the woman who got it for me meant well, though.

Reactions: 2
My ex partner bought me a bedsheet. Not a pretty doona cover, like just the sheet the goes over the mattress.

He was going on for weeks about how expensive my Xmas gift was going to be, so I was thinking jewelry, or a new phone. Nope, a sheet.

I had to open it in front of his parents on Christmas day and the look on my face must’ve shown my disappointment. They were so bleeping confused why he bought me a sheet.

So yeah, it just proved that he only saw me as a housekeeper. We didn’t last long after that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I had a friend who gave me a necklace with a lil socket for a lighter. The last place I would have a lighter near me is around my neck. It turns out, she gifted these lighter necklaces to all of her other girlfriends regardless if anyone smoked, it was a bit weird ngl.

I have found that some people will get gifts for you based on their projected idea of you, not who you actually are.

My dad who I'm estranged from, he doesn't get the whole " maybe i shouldn't send a random box of useless items out to my adult children who have nothing to do with me" boundary, sends out christmas boxes that are usually filled with the most random tit.

Last year I received a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle of two different shades of blue, a YA 11-13 y/o's book about a unicorn princess ( I'm 29), a hideous multi coloured scarf and matching mittens. All of those were gladly accepted by my local charity shop, I may have also flung in a lighter necklace too ;)

Side note: Nothing wrong with YA books or multi coloured scarves, just not my preference at all. There is however something largely wrong with a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle of only 2 shades of blue.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I once received orange inflatable slippers and when I opened the box there was only one slipper in it 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
A Christmas table runner from my aunt... I don’t have a table and she knew that as she had been in my house before.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
4 years ago a former g/f gave me a box of pizza on Christmas Day!

Apparently she couldn't think of anything to buy me when she went shopping on Christmas Eve night. So she ordered a pizza, wrapped it up and then put it under the tree for me to open on CD morning.

It was cold obviously. Moreover, I don't really like pizzas anyway, which I mentioned to her on many occasions previously.:rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13