What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one that loves the sound of that tank top? 🤭

I read that as Princess Anne, and was thinking 'She REALLY needs to show us that top' 😂
it was Snow White not Ariel 🤣 Snow White is my favourite princess so the thought was there but I’m the complete opposite to “punk” style 🤣 and it was this top!! I never wore it, it went in the bin

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
for my 48th birthday this year, I received a 12-pack of Coke Zero from my in-laws. And a birthday card with a picture of a man smoking a cigar :-/

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
it was Snow White not Ariel 🤣 Snow White is my favourite princess so the thought was there but I’m the complete opposite to “punk” style 🤣 and it was this top!! I never wore it, it went in the bin
I have to admit that I like the tank top 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Firstly, yes, I’m a bad person.

Two of the worst gifts I received were from the same person - photo magnet (?) of my friend’s kids and a desk calendar with photos of the kids each month.

Bless the kids but they’re not mine, I don’t want to see them every day!
I get one of these calendars every year from my sister. My nieces are cute but I have my own children. It goes straight into recycling. I’m a bad person too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
My fella bought me plastic toothpicks for our first Christmas together-complete with ‘Asda’ written all over them

bleeping toothpicks!

best bit was,the day before I’d shaken the box and asked if they where earrings

’maybe’ he answers

all excited I opened the fuckers

bleeping toothpicks! (Not sore about this at all)

I now choose my own presents so won’t get any more nasty surprises

he acts surprised every time this comes up…

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
My friend bought me a customisable letter board, it’s a bit confusing but you use plastic letters to write out random things on a board, I’ve attached a picture of what it’s like

Bit of a random gift 😂 She got me an expensive perfume last year so I was a bit confused. I am a grown adult though and not sure what to do with it 😂

Not a BAD gift, but not the best I’ve gotten

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I get one of these calendars every year from my sister. My nieces are cute but I have my own children. It goes straight into recycling. I’m a bad person too.
I get a calendar every year from a friend of mine with pictures of her dog. I don't particularly like dogs and he's a dopey idiot at the best of times. Like you, it goes straight in the recycling bin.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember my aunt asking me what I wanted for Christmas five years ago maybe. I wrote down one item - MAC ruby woo lipstick.

I got a blue poncho.

Honestly felt really disappointed but thanked her anyway.

My dad:
A Vans T shirt = too tight.
Christmas PJ's = In a size 16-18 when I was a 12 back then.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I asked for a swing seat for the garden from my parents for my 40th. I got an outfit from a shopping channel.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My sister in law gave me all the crap she didn’t want from her glossybox/birchbox. We fell out earlier this year and she made a point of how she spent a fortune on me at birthdays and christmas. Speechless.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Quite a few times my mum has bought me perfume which smells like cat piss when I put on, not her fault though. My partner has never given me a surprise gift because he can't bear the disappointment if he doesn't like a gift he's been given so won't inflict that on me. My sister once bought me a pair of pyjama bottoms with the reduced sticker still on them but she was very skint at the time, her partner left her a month before christmas with a 5 month old baby so I wasn't upset about that.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Thank you to all contributors, some of these made me laugh a lot 😂 I was given a sat-nav for my birthday by my parents when I didn’t have a car. When I queried this it was taken back off me because apparently I was ungrateful and didn’t deserve a present.

At work my Secret Santa gift was an obvious regift - the boss (on a 6 figure salary) wrapped up (in a sheet of A3 printer paper) a joke book he’d been given the year before. For a year it had sat on the windowsill next to his desk so the spine was sun bleached. He’d sometimes used it as a coaster so there were coffee rings on the front cover, and there was an additional surprise of a bit of mouse poo wedged into the pages as the office had a rodent problem.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Not so much a terrible present but my ex boyfriends mum bought me a mulberry bag pack style bag. She was really into her designer bags and it was a huge deal at the time as everyone was telling me how expensive it is etc and I hadn’t been with my boyfriend long at the time. Fast forward a few months I hadn’t even opened it as it’s not my style and I split up with the boyfriend, it still had the tissue paper inside so I thought I would try and sell it on or gift it to someone. After researching the bag I found out it was fake!
Not the worst thing in the world as it doesn’t bother me one bit but very strange to pretend it was real and make a huge deal out of it. Lol!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
My boss got me a framed picture of a stormtrooper.. I mean I like star wars. But I'm 32.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
A strange knit shawl thing with sleeves but the sleeves were tight and the pattern was red and black polka dots so I looked like a demented ladybird.

• Haha
Reactions: 7