West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
… So nobody is allowed to ever say anything negative about a person’s performance now according to Hannah? If you’re in the spotlight, you need to accept criticism. And from the bootleg clip I’ve seen this week (which I’m sure is the one that’s triggered this tiktok), her voice does sound awful!

It’s incredible how quickly she’s trashing any goodwill people had towards her. And to use the excuse of protecting mental health is so crappy.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
… So nobody is allowed to ever say anything negative about a person’s performance now according to Hannah? If you’re in the spotlight, you need to accept criticism. And from the bootleg clip I’ve seen this week (which I’m sure is the one that’s triggered this tiktok), her voice does sound awful!

It’s not just performers that need to learn how to take criticism and accept that we have free speech. In every job there are opportunities for people to give negative feedback whether it’s asked for or not and I hate this creation of echo chambers that seems to be going on these days particularly around theatre folk. Commenting nastily for the sake of it or reaching out directly to the actor just to tell them you didn’t they were good isn’t on but criticising someone’s voice in a show or how they dance or act on a random social media post is completely acceptable. It’s up to the audience to decide if they like what they see and they can comment how they choose. It’s also up to the performer not to go trawling through posts to read/see stuff about themselves particularly if they can’t handle criticism.
Also comparing actors who’ve played the same role will always occur and trying to stop people comparing is just daft.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thing is these people quite happily invite social media and bootlegs when it's favourable. But as soon as its negative its the bullying and victim narrative.
I try to stay off this thread because quite often, people I know are being spoken about and it’s not for me to wade in and defend them, or challenge the whole gossip nature of the thread. I will say this though - Hannah is lovely. But my god, if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

TikTok has a lot to answer for. It’s not necessarily performers seeking out the rave reviews or the criticism, it’s kind of just the algorithm shoving that content in your face. It’s happened to me. It’s not nice. But I know better than to publicly engage with it.. whereas some of the newer, younger recruits to the industry just can’t seem to help themselves. But I suppose you’re dancing with the devil when you start becoming a content creator - even if just as a hobby - and put your career out there for people to pass their opinions on direct to your inbox.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You can now pay to meet MickeyJo theatre after seeing his first stage show!
Does he think he is Rob Madge?

I can't even contemplate what he will do in a show. His reviews are basic AF that anyone could say. There's no experience or insight there. It's not like he has been in the industry for years with funny stories to tell. And we know his singing isn't all that. So bizarre

Reactions: 7
Does he think he is Rob Madge?

I can't even contemplate what he will do in a show. His reviews are basic AF that anyone could say. There's no experience or insight there. It's not like he has been in the industry for years with funny stories to tell. And we know his singing isn't all that. So bizarre
It includes live music performances chosen by the audience (maybe he’s less Rob Madge and the next Carrie Hope Fletcher), live chat show with interviews and games. Don’t forget to pay extra for a meet and greet.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It includes live music performances chosen by the audience (maybe he’s less Rob Madge and the next Carrie Hope Fletcher), live chat show with interviews and games. Don’t forget to pay extra for a meet and greet.
I just don't get why, it's like a randomer taken from the street and taking over a theatre for a night. He has no real skill or talent to show off 'live'

Reactions: 4
Can I offer to review it for him in exchange for several thousand pounds?
three?

I love that venue and it's a shame what they have had to go through over the yrs.. but the amount of favours he must have pulled/blagging..I'd buy a ticket to support them if you could guarantee none of the money went to him.. how much merch do you think he will sell tbh?

I just watched his announcement video, sounds absolutely tit. It's a no from me Mickey.

Reactions: 3
I just watched his announcement video, sounds absolutely tit. It's a no from me Mickey.
the fact he wont say who the guests are make me think there is going to be some incredible underwhelmed and disappointed punters

• Haha
the fact he wont say who the guests are make me think there is going to be some incredible underwhelmed and disappointed punters
He probably hasn't heard back yet from all his begging messages.

I bet he has asked CHF and Joel, he is so far up their arse and never criticises them

Reactions: 2
Can’t imagine what the guests would get out of it. I wouldn’t want to be associated with him, he’s so am dram, which in itself isn’t a bad thing, but don’t see which professionals would want to jump on board that train

There is also an impartiality issue. If anyone does show up for him, he will then feel indebted to them in future reviews. He is already pretty biased in his reviews with his favourites.

There's a lack of professionalism with him that I can't put my finger on. But the way he presents himself just feels amateur for someone who supposedly has this as their job

Reactions: 10
I feel like he is aiming for his own fame rather than genuinely offering a service (reviews). He can’t climb the ladder as a performer because he lacks the talent and this is his way of becoming “someone” in the theatre world. He was obnoxious from the start, he blanked people with more talent than him (especially women) and would only have men or women with thousands of followers on his channel.

Reactions: 7
I feel like he is aiming for his own fame rather than genuinely offering a service (reviews). He can’t climb the ladder as a performer because he lacks the talent and this is his way of becoming “someone” in the theatre world. He was obnoxious from the start, he blanked people with more talent than him (especially women) and would only have men or women with thousands of followers on his channel.
It doesn't surprise me

He also looks...messy? For want of a better word.

Is he still engaged? I noticed a photo recently where he didn’t have his ring on.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.