West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen the new Stranger things play?
Not yet.

I have twice won the TodayTix lottery to buy one of the front row tickets for about £20, but they only give you 30 mins or less notification that you've won to get on and buy the ticket. And I've been driving both times so not seen it till I've parked up and by then the purchase window has closed.

Given up on the lottery now and just bought a cheap Theatre Week ticket towards the back some time in April I think.

Reactions: 2
I went to see Plaza Suite last night, really enjoyed it. SJP and Matthew Broderick were a great team and looked like they were having a good time. Was it worth £200 a ticket, yes to see them both together. If I got the understudy then no. But hopefully they can do the whole run themselves. Beautiful theatre.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Anyone have any Olivier predictions or thoughts?
Guys & Dolls at the Bridge surely has to be a contender for Best Revival, Set Design, etc etc as well as a good chunk of nominations for cast.

A Strange Loop surely in the running for a Best New Musical nomination.

I would be delighted if Groundhog Day receives some nominations but does it count as a revival if it's the same production with a largely new cast? (No).

Would be nice for Time Traveller's Wife to receive a nomination for something as a new, British show, but I really didn't think it was that strong as a whole - David Hunter ought to have a nomination at least though.

The Old Friends concert must be due some nominations somewhere!

I’d like to see something for The Little Big Things.

Also Johnny Flynn for the Motive and the Cue would be nice. I suspect Andrew Scott has that category tied up though, he was incredible.

Stranger Things - great, wasn't expecting much really as went in blind to make ST fan son happy - it was really good - we went in previews and it was still being tweaked.

Plaza Suite - was a little disappointed - was very very lucky to see it for free, would have been disappointed if I'd paid full whack. Felt they were good in some of the set-ups but miscast in others.

Olivier - hope Motive and the Cue gets something - I really liked A Mirror but doubt it will get a nod.

Reactions: 4

Here is Mickey Jo (Michael Boucher) and his Fiance Aeron James (Aaron Perry) they both have stage names having a go at singing.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Here is Mickey Jo (Michael Boucher) and his Fiance Aeron James (Aaron Perry) they both have stage names having a go at singing.
Oh...dear...

That first one is painful, like a bad factor audition

Complete am dram vibes with an inflated sense of ego on the second one

Reactions: 1
I suppose at least MJ can hold a note even if it’s a bit affected 🤣 but oh dearie me. Aaron. Don’t give up the day job. Whatever that is 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.