West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oscar C-M and Ian McKellen have split up after a year long relationship.. was it common knowledge they were together?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Wow that is a big gap. That being said, wasn’t the late (great) Sondheim also dating some twinky young thing in his 20s?

Reactions: 1
Hi all( does anyone know etiquette for stage door? I’m going to little big things again on Tuesday and would like to say hi to the cast who have been brilliant but I notice from Instagram over the weekend there’s a barrier up and the cast are behind the barrier. I guess this is due to the number of people at the stage door and the performers struggling to get through, particularly the disabled cast members? I know it’s been quite a popular show.

Hi all( does anyone know etiquette for stage door? I’m going to little big things again on Tuesday and would like to say hi to the cast who have been brilliant but I notice from Instagram over the weekend there’s a barrier up and the cast are behind the barrier. I guess this is due to the number of people at the stage door and the performers struggling to get through, particularly the disabled cast members? I know it’s been quite a popular show.
I guess if there's a barrier up, just stay on the correct side of the barrier and you shouldn't have a problem.

I guess if there's a barrier up, just stay on the correct side of the barrier and you shouldn't have a problem.
Yeah I think that’s fine, but I’ve never done the stage door thing before, I wonder if anyone has done it? Do you form an orderly queue, is it a free for all 🤣

Yeah I think that’s fine, but I’ve never done the stage door thing before, I wonder if anyone has done it? Do you form an orderly queue, is it a free for all 🤣
I've did it for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang a few years and I think it had barriers. People just stood along it and filled in behind if they were later. I don't recall any sort of queue system, from what I remember if any of the cast wanted to sign/take pictures they would come up to the barrier and if not they'd just go on through or take a different exit.

I think just be respectful of their time as at the end of the day the cast just want to get home after a day at work (which to be fair it is to them). And after an evening show they may have a train to catch and don’t want to miss it

If they don’t want to stop then that’s fine as we don’t know what’s going on with them.

I have seen too many videos on SM of people who think it’s their right to meet the cast after a show and will talk tit about them if they don’t come out or stop to talk.

Reactions: 7
Wouldn't call any of them celebs tbh! Some of them used to be.
At least most of people who watch cbb will have likely heard of them . She will be a real unknown to vast majority of viewers

I think just be respectful of their time as at the end of the day the cast just want to get home after a day at work (which to be fair it is to them). And after an evening show they may have a train to catch and don’t want to miss it

If they don’t want to stop then that’s fine as we don’t know what’s going on with them.

I have seen too many videos on SM of people who think it’s their right to meet the cast after a show and will talk tit about them if they don’t come out or stop to talk.
Thanks. I’ve never done it before as I’ve always felt it to be a nuisance when they want to get home. In the end I didn’t do it. But I’ve seen so many people going to TLBT dozens of times and taking the same set of photos each time at the door.

it’s not for me but I love it makes others happy. And like you say if the cast are ok to hang around then fine, if not, also fine!

Reactions: 1
I’m really interested to know how other black folk feel about black only audiences for certain shows on specific nights? No racist replies please let’s keep it friendly

I’m really interested to know how other black folk feel about black only audiences for certain shows on specific nights? No racist replies please let’s keep it friendly
I'm black and i think its the worst idea ever. It's othering and is creating a very negative conversation that black people (apart from the playwright himself) haven't asked for. I also think the whole play itself is a terrible idea anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm black and i think its the worst idea ever. It's othering and is creating a very negative conversation that black people (apart from the playwright himself) haven't asked for. I also think the whole play itself is a terrible idea anyway.
My issue is my mum is half Jamaican and half Irish, and my dad is French. I look white but to say I’m white discounts my heritage. If I turned up, I’m sure I’d be turned away. I feel it just causes unnecessary problems and I don’t understand why he’s doing this. I know I’d be in the minority, but it’s difficult as it is to try to find your identity when you’re a strange old mix without having things like this make you question how black is black enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My issue is my mum is half Jamaican and half Irish, and my dad is French. I look white but to say I’m white discounts my heritage. If I turned up, I’m sure I’d be turned away. I feel it just causes unnecessary problems and I don’t understand why he’s doing this. I know I’d be in the minority, but it’s difficult as it is to try to find your identity when you’re a strange old mix without having things like this make you question how black is black enough.
It does say black identifying and I don't think anyone was turned away when it was in NYC so I think the headlines have been a bit misleading.

I understand where they are coming from, but it's really up to the black community to say how needed something like this is.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.