Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Starfishface

I'm seeing this show in Southampton in January - going with a gay friend so I'm sure we will dance and sing along and have a fun evening out! We both love PWL Factory and of course Kylie. It will be as cheesy as hell for sure!
Please don't sing along. The rest of the audience is paying to see the people on stage, not hear you sing Kylie songs from your seat.

Reactions: 24

Mark81

VIP Member
She sounds like a Carrie Hope Montague in the making.

Thing is these people quite happily invite social media and bootlegs when it's favourable. But as soon as its negative its the bullying and victim narrative.

There are many stage actors who don't court social media and bootlegs, and they also have good and bad performances. And nothing is really said.

These people love and feed off the drama.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

awkwardjellyfish

Thing is these people quite happily invite social media and bootlegs when it's favourable. But as soon as its negative its the bullying and victim narrative.
I try to stay off this thread because quite often, people I know are being spoken about and it’s not for me to wade in and defend them, or challenge the whole gossip nature of the thread. I will say this though - Hannah is lovely. But my god, if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

TikTok has a lot to answer for. It’s not necessarily performers seeking out the rave reviews or the criticism, it’s kind of just the algorithm shoving that content in your face. It’s happened to me. It’s not nice. But I know better than to publicly engage with it.. whereas some of the newer, younger recruits to the industry just can’t seem to help themselves. But I suppose you’re dancing with the devil when you start becoming a content creator - even if just as a hobby - and put your career out there for people to pass their opinions on direct to your inbox.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

ShinyEspeon

Chatty Member
Interested to see what’s going on with Bradley Jaden deleting all evidence of his wife from social media, they got married not even a year ago!

• Wow
Reactions: 18

Mark81

VIP Member
Plus them claiming its a 'safe space' for theatre fans, as if theatregoers are somehow persecuted or theatre going is dangerous

• Haha
Reactions: 18

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
Me and the old dear went to see the Bodyguard in Glasgow last night.

It's a good show and lassie playing Rachel has a good voice. But she canny dance for toffee.

We saw the show a fair few years ago with Alexandra Burke - it was FABULOUS. This production, like a lot of them is scaled down compared to that one.

Obviously because it's the Bodyguard and all the audience problems, security were out in force. When the stalker appears in the cabin and we all jumped out of our skins, within 2 seconds the security were telling people to be quiet. The 2 lassie next to us were laughing with fright and they were told to be quiet.

Now im the first to complain about noisy audiences and people talking but last night was actually quite intimidating and you felt you couldn't move without getting a glare from security staff.

There needs to be a balance between being respectful but also allowing people to enjoy the show.

Of course one of my solutions to audience problems would be to stop allowing people to bring alcohol into the auditorium. If you can't enjoy something without an alcoholic drink in your hand, maybe you need to question your lifestyle.

The Glasgow Pavilion didn't allow alcohol into the auditorium. Still had a problems from time to time. Since they've been taken over, it's been a free for all and you can see the difference in audience behaviour.

Sorry for the rant!!!
I agree about the booze but more so for me it’s the snacking. Why does anyone need to stuff their face while they watch a show? But neither of these things will change when it’s such a moneyspinner for the venues.

I think a lot of people (particularly post pandemic) have lost all sense that they are seeing a live performance and are treating it like they are streaming at home or watching at the cinema. Rustling, passing packets back and forth, chatting, arriving late, getting up to pee mid act (should be a total no-no barring medical conditions and in those cases should be in an aisle seat to minimise disruption) and even getting phones out (not just bootlegging or in curtain calls, just habitual addicted checking). So much poor etiquette that has a massive impact on the people around them.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Glaschelle

VIP Member
Me and the old dear went to see the Bodyguard in Glasgow last night.

It's a good show and lassie playing Rachel has a good voice. But she canny dance for toffee.

We saw the show a fair few years ago with Alexandra Burke - it was FABULOUS. This production, like a lot of them is scaled down compared to that one.

Obviously because it's the Bodyguard and all the audience problems, security were out in force. When the stalker appears in the cabin and we all jumped out of our skins, within 2 seconds the security were telling people to be quiet. The 2 lassie next to us were laughing with fright and they were told to be quiet.

Now im the first to complain about noisy audiences and people talking but last night was actually quite intimidating and you felt you couldn't move without getting a glare from security staff.

There needs to be a balance between being respectful but also allowing people to enjoy the show.

Of course one of my solutions to audience problems would be to stop allowing people to bring alcohol into the auditorium. If you can't enjoy something without an alcoholic drink in your hand, maybe you need to question your lifestyle.

The Glasgow Pavilion didn't allow alcohol into the auditorium. Still had a problems from time to time. Since they've been taken over, it's been a free for all and you can see the difference in audience behaviour.

Sorry for the rant!!!

Reactions: 16

shakeygal

Maybe it’s me, but Hannah is starting to remind me a bit of another West End star we all know.

It's absolutely not appropriate to dress up as a Native American for a fancy dress party.

• Heart

DrNooo

@Scottishfalpal1 maybe it's the same woman that I got really pissed off with at Sunset Boulevard the other week who was swigging bottles of wine before the curtain went up, then decided she needed to get out halfway through the first act so we all had to stand to let her pass. She then knelt at the end of the row whispering loudly to the usher about where the toilets were and after being told she wouldn't be let back in if she left, she decided to sit back down making us all have to stand again. About 5 minutes later she decided that she did indeed need to go, so disturbed us all again and thankfully she didn't come back (and neither did her friend who went to look for her at the interval). It also annoyed me that they had taken seats that someone who really wanted to watch the show could have had, as it was pretty obvious they were only there for kudos and not to appreciate the production.

• Wow
  • Angry
Alternate? That’s surprising as I thought with her social media presence and Six loving social media they would have given her a principle role

Plus the way she has been teasing it I thought she would be playing all 6 bloody parts she has been going on about it so much

• Haha
Reactions: 15

shakeygal

So, we’re being read here by the West End. I have a different user name on my SM and the person I mentioned several posts ago has somehow tracked me down and blocked me. Several other things have happened within the past 24 hours that have proven they read here. Just a heads up.

• Wow
Reactions: 15