West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel if you leave the auditorium during the show you get held until a point in the show that you won’t interrupt anyone’s view

Reactions: 6
I don't think its fair to stop people leaving the auditorium during the show. Not everyone can hold their bladder until the interval, even if they haven't been continuesly drinking. Especially in shows with long act 1s or ones without any interval at all. maybe holding them at the back until a scene change or something.

I think part of the problem is the types of shows, many of the problematic ones are more like concerts. Which then makes things a grey area.

Reactions: 6
I had one with late comers recently which I think was more people not reading when the show started on their tickets 🤦🏻‍♀️ It was the Wizard of Oz tour- started at 7 and multiple groups were being shown in at 7.20-7.30ish. Was really distracting tbh.

Reactions: 2
Rewatching Coupling on Iplayer and Hannah Waddingham just popped up as a stripper (circa 2002)

20240107_185035.jpg

• Heart
I don't think its fair to stop people leaving the auditorium during the show. Not everyone can hold their bladder until the interval, even if they haven't been continuesly drinking. Especially in shows with long act 1s or ones without any interval at all. maybe holding them at the back until a scene change or something.

I think part of the problem is the types of shows, many of the problematic ones are more like concerts. Which then makes things a grey area.
I think refusing to let anyone leave is playing a risky game with the equality act/those with hidden disabilities. It’s hard enough to ensure theatre is accessible without enforcing a rule where everyone needs to remain seated for over an hour at a time. That said, we’re all spending a lot of money to see these shows and a lot of work goes into putting the show on. There’s also a difference between having additional needs and being a wino who drank too much.

I try and book the seats on the end of the row and near the doors, and if I absolutely need to go, go in between songs etc. I couldn’t imagine disturbing an entire row!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I went on Thursday and Friday to see the bodyguard. Alcohol is a massive problem not only does it also stink I had someone beside me drink a full wine then was up and out at the loo twice in act one and twice in act 2
I used to do PR for a UK theatre and when Dirty Dancing was on, we would actually see drunken women falling down stairs and slumped over after the matinee after too many drinks.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I think refusing to let anyone leave is playing a risky game with the equality act/those with hidden disabilities. It’s hard enough to ensure theatre is accessible without enforcing a rule where everyone needs to remain seated for over an hour at a time. That said, we’re all spending a lot of money to see these shows and a lot of work goes into putting the show on. There’s also a difference between having additional needs and being a wino who drank too much.

I try and book the seats on the end of the row and near the doors, and if I absolutely need to go, go in between songs etc. I couldn’t imagine disturbing an entire row!
When I went to Back to the Future there was someone not far from me who had a giant pair of headphones on and left about twice in each act. He was on the aisle though and didn’t return in the middle of a number, I imagine he had autism/some kind of sensory disorder and the staff let him back in when he would not disturb anyone. I don’t have a problem with something like that but it’s different when someone is getting drunk or bothering others

Reactions: 13
Has anyone been to Crazy Coqs? What is the seating plan like please?
I haven’t been for a year or two but it’s been cabaret seating every time I have visited. Small tables, a few booth-type seats against the walls. Lovely and cosy wherever you sit!

Reactions: 3
Not gossip, but I saw Mrs Doubtfire last night. It was SO funny. Absolutely brilliant! I really recommend it. I did feel like I was cheating on Operation Mincemeat, but we've all got to branch out ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not gossip, but I saw Mrs Doubtfire last night. It was SO funny. Absolutely brilliant! I really recommend it. I did feel like I was cheating on Operation Mincemeat, but we've all got to branch out ;)
I saw it end of last year, got some very reasonably priced tickets and took my two daughters. I was expecting it to be ok, it was much better than ok it was fab! Would def recommend.

• Heart
Not the West End, but how insane and cle
effortless are Ian McIntosh vocals

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Was at the Live Aid musical, Just For One Day tonight. Really loved it . Great music obviously (but didnt feel like a jukebox musical to me)

Great cast. Few recognisable faces in the younger members of the cast (Six and &Juliet alumni) and even Mrs Lamb from Motherland!!!

Great to see Olly Dobson again since his break after BTTF. Only thing was Danielle Steers overacting. This is now the third show I have seen her in and have thought the same about her performance every time

While the Old Vic is great I forgot about the lack of rake in the stalls and we were quite near the back with quite a tall person in front of us

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.