Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #14 Going all in is getting long in the (dead) tooth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just what you need in the lead up to a 20 mile race, 9 mile with speed intervals.
Screenshot_20240321-211357.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
He did 2 runs today, one where he said his legs were knackered and then 9 miles speed session

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I just searched houses for rent and clicked on Images.... I mean, if you don't want people to know where you live, don't post your front door on social media 🤷‍♀️
I found it, yep looks like the previous tenants treated it like a shitheap! A tradition Tits ‘n’ Kels will no doubt carry on.

Reactions: 4
Quick question for you lovely lot. I’m running a 10k tomorrow and going for a PB. Should I do a 20-mile shakeout today or tomorrow? With or without speed work?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Quick question for you lovely lot. I’m running a 10k tomorrow and going for a PB. Should I do a 20-mile shakeout today or tomorrow? With or without speed work?
Neither. Skip all carbs for the next 24 hours and do a triple threshold workout today, preferably all uphill. Be sure to make your own gels for the race, wear your HR chest strap in bed tonight (crucial) and the job’s a goodun.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Well, it depends. Are you likely to go blind at any point during the race, or are you normal? Have you been running all your different training runs at the same pace, or do you have a brain? Do you have a full time job or just fanny about at Greggs all day? There’s a lot to consider before committing! 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Neither. Skip all carbs for the next 24 hours and do a triple threshold workout today, preferably all uphill. Be sure to make your own gels for the race, wear your HR chest strap in bed tonight (crucial) and the job’s a goodun.
Don't forget the lactate tests! On the hour, every hour, from now until the race. What is particularly important, when its dark, get your partner to do them while they're on the bike alongside you and call them useless when they fail and jog off in a strop

• Haha
Do you have dice? Are your legs suitably embarrassed? Will you go ALL IN?

• Haha
Thanks for the tips! Will be sure to incorporate all suggestions to throw the kitchen sink at the race. My husband has offered to meet me on course to take my picture (portrait or landscape?!) and yell WANT IT.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thanks for the tips! Will be sure to incorporate all suggestions to throw the kitchen sink at the race. My husband has offered to meet me on course to take my picture (portrait or landscape?!) and yell WANT IT.
Have you got a young child that’s too big for the buggy but you can shove him in there anyway?
Please don’t forget a tongue out boomerang as well. And I presume you are starting in a wave far beyond your capability?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.