Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #14 Going all in is getting long in the (dead) tooth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread to discuss the world’s saddest Insta running couple.

Will Kels do an Ironman? Or admit an injury? Will Tits go sub 220? And will either go and see a dentist?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just putting this here at the start of the new thread. We need to be reminded what she charges fools when she can’t look after herself properly or get to the end of a marathon without bonking/going blind/bleeping it up entirely.

If they want to burn money, the joke’s on them but it sure as hell isn’t going on anything worthwhile.

IMG_6184.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It always astounds me the audacity of someone like Kelly charging for coaching. I do not believe you need to be an incredibly talented runner to be a good coach.

But you need to have had some decent training blocks under your belt, you need extra courses, a thirst to learn more about nutrition, injury, and hormones. I really wish this type of thing was regulated more. I’m sure she says 2 x strength training on all her programmes etc yet does none herself.

There are some beautifully experienced runners at clubs that will give you advice and knowledge free of charge and gladly.

Reactions: 13
Just putting this here at the start of the new thread. We need to be reminded what she charges fools when she can’t look after herself properly or get to the end of a marathon without bonking/going blind/bleeping it up entirely.

If they want to burn money, the joke’s on them but it sure as hell isn’t going on anything worthwhile.

View attachment 2730916
I had to laugh at her choice of picture, running in Iten where she was injured/too slow to keep up with everyone else.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I had to laugh at her choice of picture, running in Iten where she was injured/too slow to keep up with everyone else.
Lol, hardly ran because she was too slow and rode the bike everywhere. Wouldn’t eat any of the food and existed only on Nutella. It seemed like a miserable trip for her.

• Haha

View attachment 2730916
There is a part of me that actually wishes I had money to burn just to see how bad her coaching is

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It always astounds me the audacity of someone like Kelly charging for coaching. I do not believe you need to be an incredibly talented runner to be a good coach.

But you need to have had some decent training blocks under your belt, you need extra courses, a thirst to learn more about nutrition, injury, and hormones. I really wish this type of thing was regulated more. I’m sure she says 2 x strength training on all her programmes etc yet does none herself.

There are some beautifully experienced runners at clubs that will give you advice and knowledge free of charge and gladly.
you don't even need to run to be a running coach!

Reactions: 7

View attachment 2730916
🤣🤣🤣 I always love a reminder back to that trip. Hilarious 🤣🤣.

• Haha
Like duck he knows what a mitochondria is.

What an arrogant twit. I hope he bonks and gets 2:34 or whatever.

Reactions: 5
So unless I’m missing something, he is basically saying he is following a 3 zone structure but still not doing any easy runs? If LT1 is just above baseline and LT3 is fast twitch (so probably more an upper Z4 to Z5 in the 5 zone model), then LT2 is more of a tempo/threshold zone?

It doesn’t matter what he calls it, for endurance running he should be doing around 80% of his runs at an easy pace. It’s no wonder so many of his Strava titles include ‘tired’ or ‘heavy legs’. He shouldn’t be so burned out this early in the training cycle.

What a sad little life. Spending all that time measuring numbers he doesn’t understand, I bet he is obsessed with it. I wonder if there is any joy left in running for him?

It’s all bollocks isn’t it? Kelly runs all her runs at the same pace. He runs all his too fast (albeit at slightly different paces). In both cases neither of them have a bleeping clue. They both need to rest, do proper strength work and concentrate on nutrition.

This is coming from someone pondering whether it should have been “mitochondrion” and still can’t walk or breathe properly after taking an almighty fall on Wednesday 🤪😐.

Look at this! Tits has turned into a scientific genius! bleeping twit clearly has too much time on his hands. Could maybe clean the house …..
I read the opening two lines of this and then stopped. Previous experience of reading his long passsges of prose means that I know I will get to the end and still be none the wiser so I saved myself some time 🤣

Eta my post doesn’t show that I mean tits writing not yours @Fake-It-Til-You-Bonk-It 🤣

• Haha
Look at this! Tits has turned into a scientific genius! bleeping twit clearly has too much time on his hands. Could maybe clean the house …..
I saw this and became even more confused along with being convinced he has zero idea what he is doing. The question he is responding to is basically asking if he is using the 3 zone model and hence his "zone 2" HR is much higher than expected and he starts by saying that he is using the zone 5 model like the majority of us do....?

Deadtooth stop trying to sound intelligent and just run like a normal person does!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Why go into al this crap when he hasn’t got the absolute basics right? All the bits around running - good sleep, good (and enough!) nutrition, 2 strength sessions per week as a non negotiable and also 1/2 rest days a week. Hell, even training with a proper club night once a week could help more than this number fiddling.

They Are such basic things but none of them serve his addiction to exercise.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think he’s done any strength work since he started this block. He’d benefit from doing the absolute basics but I don’t think he could cope with the additional fatigue in his muscles.

Reckon Tits would do better to ditch all the tech and data and run like they did in the ‘old days’. All this bollox is him trying to justify why his ‘easy’ pace is actually not easy??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.