Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #14 Going all in is getting long in the (dead) tooth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live too close (about an hour but apparently too close) to these muppets. Another race we’ll be at that they are too. I’ve just done my 10 mile shakeout 👌

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thanks for the tips! Will be sure to incorporate all suggestions to throw the kitchen sink at the race. My husband has offered to meet me on course to take my picture (portrait or landscape?!) and yell WANT IT.
Don't forget to check the weather forecast. If it's due to be 1 degree warmer than today you need a good 12 hour sauna session for warm weather training. Don't forget to put it on strava though or it won't work!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Have you got a young child that’s too big for the buggy but you can shove him in there anyway?
Please don’t forget a tongue out boomerang as well. And I presume you are starting in a wave far beyond your capability?
He's nearly 12, but I can probably fold him into a buggy. Good call!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was thinking when I saw her post how stupid she is to have posted so many photos of the new place. People on the internet are so scary and it wouldn’t be hard for any old random with bad intentions to find where she was living. Such an idiot.
Call me paranoid but I blur/erase any street names on any maps I post of a run on instagram. I only have <200 followers but very few of them are people I know in real life and so it's just a safety precaution. Although my Strava is locked to friends only, I still have the first mile and final mile of every run 'blanked out' just so no-one can pinpoint where my house is (does make some of my runs look like a squiggle in the middle of nowhere, but who cares). You can't be too careful these days. Especially if you regularly do public events that you publicise yourself doing.

From an extended safety point of view, it wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility for someone to turn up at an event they're both running, and try to make contact with their kids (especially Harri).
---
I live too close (about an hour but apparently too close) to these muppets. Another race we’ll be at that they are too. I’ve just done my 10 mile shakeout 👌
Same. 20:20? Best of luck whatever it is!

Reactions: 4
Another epic run from kels. I mean her overall time was decent for her but mile one 7.59 pace: mile 13 9.04 pace. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They have an affiliation with OTE - him who doesn’t fuel his runs before, during or after and she who is a diabetic that goes blind on runs. Not the best advert tbh. Plus this bullshit of them stuffing cake in afterwards.
I quite like some of the OTE products but I'd rather pay full price.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Call me paranoid but I blur/erase any street names on any maps I post of a run on instagram. I only have <200 followers but very few of them are people I know in real life and so it's just a safety precaution. Although my Strava is locked to friends only, I still have the first mile and final mile of every run 'blanked out' just so no-one can pinpoint where my house is (does make some of my runs look like a squiggle in the middle of nowhere, but who cares). You can't be too careful these days. Especially if you regularly do public events that you publicise yourself doing.

From an extended safety point of view, it wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility for someone to turn up at an event they're both running, and try to make contact with their kids (especially Harri).
---

Same. 20:20? Best of luck whatever it is!
Thanks! Jeez it was a bit blowy. And got hailed on which wasn’t pleasant 🤣 hope your race went well!
I saw the two of them at the start and quickly made my way away…

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.