Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #14 Going all in is getting long in the (dead) tooth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I must have written this comment 100 times but what in the positive split was that session supposed to be???

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thanks! Jeez it was a bit blowy. And got hailed on which wasn’t pleasant 🤣 hope your race went well!
I saw the two of them at the start and quickly made my way away…
Yes, I said to my OH today "Oh it must be 20:20 weekend" - it was similar weather when we did it a few years ago, most miserable race of my life! Mine went well thanks. No crying, no vomming and no blindness (y)

Reactions: 5
What the duck does “ran as a session” even mean?! She ran a half marathon, paced badly. How is that a session?!
She absolutely didn’t do it as a training run.
she started balls out with her intended BQ pace, within 10 minutes it became apparent that that’s not happening so slowed down just in time to avoid the full embarrassment of #goingblindagain and having to walk for 10k.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I was thinking about this before. I’m sure we’ve all had runs where we’ve set off too fast and gone blind had to adjust pace / got slower. But most of us learn from this or at least don’t intentionally do it again. She just seems to rinse and repeat??
Or does she genuinely believe that the first mile paces she seems to do EVERY single time she runs is the one she can hold for that event (or even get faster as she goes?! 😳) As pretty sure she’s never once pulled it off. Seems quite ironic that this is supposed to be what makes her living when she’s pretty tit at it herself 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Dear Lord,

My life is quite a sad affair at the moment so to make things a little brighter please convince Kells to get on the start line for Manchester marathon

Thank you xxx

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Tits was running high 2:25 pace for that 20 miler so not sure the sub 2:20 dream is on the cards. Although, it was just a training run for him so he was likely holding back, just like our Kels. 🤡

What an awful pair. I’m glad he didn’t win.

Reactions: 7
I had a look at her Strava, I think she was trying to do an alternating km session, not sure why.

Also, I am, er, blocked so can’t see her instantly but can only see her fb, surprised she wasn’t all over jasmin Paris? Ultra running mummy and all that…

Reactions: 3
Just looked as well and agree but as always with Kells, minimal difference between on and off pace! Just looks like she ran a half marathon undertrained and with no idea of how to pace.

For those blocked, she did share a couple of stories about how amazing Jasmin is but not too much and no use of #smalleuropeanwoman from memory. I thought she would jump on it too.

Reactions: 4
I was thinking about this before. I’m sure we’ve all had runs where we’ve set off too fast and gone blind had to adjust pace / got slower. But most of us learn from this or at least don’t intentionally do it again. She just seems to rinse and repeat??
Or does she genuinely believe that the first mile paces she seems to do EVERY single time she runs is the one she can hold for that event (or even get faster as she goes?! 😳) As pretty sure she’s never once pulled it off. Seems quite ironic that this is supposed to be what makes her living when she’s pretty tit at it herself 🤷‍♀️
This! It’s her inability to learn from experience which drives me a bit bonkers!

So even if she was meant to be doing 1k on / 1k off. She managed one rep of what I presume she set out to do. 1st (off I presume rep) was 8.11 pace. 2nd k rep (on?!) at 7.45…..
To a dramatic drop off a cliff 🤣. She’s so bad she’s good!
Start to the end ….

Attachments

• Haha
I used to love doing a km on/km off. There would be at least a minute between off and on. Not 20s. He does exactly the same. It’s not a recovery if you don’t slow down.

Tits was running high 2:25 pace for that 20 miler so not sure the sub 2:20 dream is on the cards. Although, it was just a training run for him so he was likely holding back, just like our Kels. 🤡

What an awful pair. I’m glad he didn’t win.
His HR was high all the way round so I can't see him going sub 2:20. But Tits as usual will go off at sub 2:20 pace to try and bank some time and then die in the last 6 miles.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.