Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #14 Going all in is getting long in the (dead) tooth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't his goal marathon pace 3:19/km to break 2:20? He can't even run 5k at that pace without blowing up!

Reactions: 7
Isn't his goal marathon pace 3:19/km to break 2:20? He can't even run 5k at that pace without blowing up!
I was going to say, he couldn't even hold his MP for his efforts. And the efforts got slower which shows he wasn't intentionally going slower than MP. Why is he battering himself?! Seriously 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 5
I was going to say, he couldn't even hold his MP for his efforts. And the efforts got slower which shows he wasn't intentionally going slower than MP. Why is he battering himself?! Seriously 🙄🙄🙄
He'll never admit that his training doesn't work, he'll just keep doing more and more of the same, and be disappointed when he gets the same outcome. He should get a proper qualified coach, not an Insta-coach, and work with them for a year.

Also, noticed all his runs from the weekend are on Strava now, wonder if Coros was down or if he just hid them because they were tit.

Reactions: 5
Even his “2km push” wasn’t on the pace. His HR dropped with every effort too so he just didn’t have it in his legs to perform because HE NEVER bleeping RECOVERS. What a knob.

Reactions: 3
Manchester marathon is 4-5 weeks away. It will soon by time to roll our dice and predict his time! I'm going to hazard a guess not one of us thinks it's going to be anywhere near 2.20 let alone less.
As for Kelly's tri training, her only outdoor bike sessions are filming FTT. Just how did she think she's going to pull this off, and what is her coach telling her? I really hope what they are actually saying is you aren't ready and she's ploughing on regardless.

Reactions: 4
If only there were some way to strengthen his legs. Some kind of strength training if you will.

Even his “2km push” wasn’t on the pace. His HR dropped with every effort too so he just didn’t have it in his legs to perform because HE NEVER bleeping RECOVERS. What a knob.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Manchester marathon is 4-5 weeks away. It will soon by time to roll our dice and predict his time! I'm going to hazard a guess not one of us thinks it's going to be anywhere near 2.20 let alone less.
As for Kelly's tri training, her only outdoor bike sessions are filming FTT. Just how did she think she's going to pull this off, and what is her coach telling her? I really hope what they are actually saying is you aren't ready and she's ploughing on regardless.
He is going to on knees by then if he carries on like this (assume he will try to race 10k flat out about 3 days beforehand too)

Reactions: 4
Ok so I probably haven’t been on a bike since I was a kid but here is my question: in a triathlon we are not looking at a casual bike next to someone. It’s fast paced, competitive etc. but the main challenge I see is the no drafting rule. Surely that requires some practice to work out how to do????

My husband has done multiple Ironmans and 70.3 and quite a lot of the bike training is done on a turbo trainer, especially this time of the year. He often does the bikes during the week on the turbo where you are doing speed workouts and pushing heavy and then the long bikes on the weekend outside.

However, he is a very confident biker and can handle the bike on any type of road.

Following Tits around and a few turbo sessions will not make her triathlon ready!

Reactions: 6
I agree that prep for long distance triathlon is effective with turbo sets in the week .. I would do 2/3 prepping for Ironman but by now I was deffo out on the weekends for the long bike rides and they’d build in time from about 2.5 hours up to 4 for the 70.3. If her coach isn’t encouraging that then he needs sacking!!

This made me laugh, he literally runs up and down the same flat road every single day 😂
Screenshot_20240313-083947~2.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
And let’s not forget - it’s just a bit of running, he’s not off to war.

ETA the original comment that wins YouTube on FTT’s London vlog 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.