Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #14 Going all in is getting long in the (dead) tooth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Irrelevant, but do you guys run with this rain?
I mean if it happens in the middle of the race I will finish the race, I just find it excruciating to do workouts like that. Apart from anything else, my shoes get filled with water and end up weighing 5kg each
When we set up our local running club we had 50 people turn up for the beginners group and it was torrential rain every week, with the occasional gale and snow/hail thrown in. They still turned up every single week. It was definitely character building 😂. But other than for running club I wouldn't do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I mean if it happens in the middle of the race I will finish the race, I just find it excruciating to do workouts like that. Apart from anything else, my shoes get filled with water and end up weighing 5kg each
Depends on my mood tbh.

I don't see the point of martyring yourself for a plodding 5k, but if I had a goal race coming up in a season that was likely to be rainy (aka not June or July in the UK) and it was a non-negotiable session then I'd head out.

Otherwise I'd just go to the gym.

Reactions: 5
If it’s a running club night or I’ve arranged to run with someone, yes. If I’m training for something and it’s the only time I have to do that run then also yes.
Also as a coach, if it’s track night and it’s raining then yes I’m there, standing in waterproofs as plenty still want to do their session!

Reactions: 7
i don't mind running in the rain, but if it is particularly cold or windy as well, it is a no from me
---
those burgers look so nice! i am actually a bit jealous of their run club...

Reactions: 1
i don't mind running in the rain, but if it is particularly cold or windy as well, it is a no from me
---
those burgers look so nice! i am actually a bit jealous of their run club...
Burgers after a run, no thanks 🤢, probably just had them because they had packed away all their cooking stuff. We do Fly Cup Friday at our club 😁

I've had to Google Fly Cup! It didn't sound appetising from the name 😂 is it a cup of tea and maybe cake?
Run club is popular (not), is it basically them and 2-3 others?
This made me laugh, I take it to be a spoof account, and made me think of kells ~ I won't run at my actual easy pace I'll look up the Jack Daniels marathon time I want to run and run the easy pace for that... It's what she was doing pre Valencia for sure...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've had to Google Fly Cup! It didn't sound appetising from the name 😂 is it a cup of tea and maybe cake?
This made me laugh, I take it to be a spoof account, and made me think of kells ~ I won't run at my actual easy pace I'll look up the Jack Daniels marathon time I want to run and run the easy pace for that... It's what she was doing pre Valencia for sure...
It definitely includes cake!
This is exactly what Kelly does, she runs like a 3:30 marathoner even though she hasn't broken 4 hours yet.
My son sent me this today, this is what they are studying at the moment. As it says at the bottom, Other training methods have found success, Josh Kerr has a lower weekly mileage and focuses on strength and conditioning. Maybe Full Time Tits needs to try another training method as this one just keeps getting him injured.
Screenshot_20240315-124652.png

Reactions: 4
He must be the last influencer on the planet that AG1 had on their list. They've finally reached the z list and his latest vlog is sponsored by them. Plus he includes a discount code for OTE, and heavily plugs that (although doesn't mention it's an ad for them, only AG1).
Anyway, the vlog itself was mega boring and I can't think of anything of interest to say at all. Bar, he didn't eat breakfast before going for his long run as he "forgot". Not sure how you can forget something so important, surely most of us plan when we will eat prior to a long challenging training "session" (this pair can't just run, must be a session).
Also, they seem really awkward together and have nothing to chat about. Maybe actually go out of the house, do something other than running, don't do everything together, spend time with others and you will have things to talk about?!

• Angry
Reactions: 8
This is actually wellogs

He must be the last influencer on the planet that AG1 had on their list. They've finally reached the z list and his latest vlog is sponsored by them. Plus he includes a discount code for OTE, and heavily plugs that (although doesn't mention it's an ad for them, only AG1).
Anyway, the vlog itself was mega boring and I can't think of anything of interest to say at all. Bar, he didn't eat breakfast before going for his long run as he "forgot". Not sure how you can forget something so important, surely most of us plan when we will eat prior to a long challenging training "session" (this pair can't just run, must be a session).
Also, they seem really awkward together and have nothing to chat about. Maybe actually go out of the house, do something other than running, don't do everything together, spend time with others and you will have things to talk about?!
He did this run weeks ago, why bother posting it now, why not post this week's run? It will be June before he gets round to posting his race vlog.

Reactions: 2
He did this run weeks ago, why bother posting it now, why not post this week's run? It will be June before he gets round to posting his race vlog.
Sooner than we’ll see Kel’s Valencia vlog.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Kels ‘non negotiable’ strength training for the year has already come down to 20’/week, if that. Meanwhile her running volume only goes up..

• Haha
No Zwifting, sessions by the lake or lumpy trail runs by either of them for two whole days! FTT will be beside himself with rage/sulks, and Kels will be relieved but pretending otherwise. This last minute eviction has really upset the exercise addiction applecart

Reactions: 3
Titties must be absolutely FEWMIN’ that this move has knocked his beloved training into the shade. How’s he going to cope with the reduced mileage ??? (The irony is that the tit will probably benefit!)

Don’t worry though. He’ll be able to fawn and take training notes after he watches the new doco about the Ingebrigtsen’s on prime. I wonder if he’ll do a vlog about that 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Wonder how long they will be without wifi in the new place - I can imagine Full Time Tits on the phone to Virgin Media shouting about how he needs it for his work and personal life. Don’t they know who he is?!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Wonder how long they will be without wifi in the new place - I can imagine Full Time Tits on the phone to Virgin Media shouting about how he needs it for his work and personal life. Don’t they know who he is?!
They're obviously not with BT or they would have had a 5G mini router sent out next day delivery. BT were great when we moved house, we were never without internet, now if only they could charge us the correct amount......

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.