Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #12 Why so serious? Not off to war. It's all relative, let's bonk some more.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she still not finished?! Getting a bit dull now even in my hungover state. Got a bit distracted looking at Phil Sesemann and now back to tiny teeth and smug face bellends

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She’s not at 40k yet and it’s about to hit 4 hours on the clock. So in the last 39k she’s lost all hope of a BQ, GFA, 3.40 sub 4 , PB and possibly about to lose the bragging rights to second fastest marathon ever . All in a good day at the office??

but it was 🧱 for when she goes again 🤷‍♀️
Its funny but it must be so soul destroying for her, she obviously is not a marathon runner and hates it, she should stick to 10k and half marathons

Reactions: 7
Still not at 40k km afraid. I start to think the ap is glitching and then she appears like 15 mins later than the tracker suggests she should be 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ahhh this is amazing. Just went for a quick run. This was my only window before a scheduled delivery. Coming back to 2 pages of updates. It’s all what we hoped for guys 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Its funny but it must be so soul destroying for her, she obviously is not a marathon runner and hates it, she should stick to 10k and half marathons
Exactly - either do it for fun and drop the big overachieving time goals or just stick to short distance and work on speed

Reactions: 8
Exactly - either do it for fun and drop the big overachieving time goals or just stick to short distance and work on speed
This is what I don't understand.

How many marathons has she done/attempted to do and DNS'd now?

Like girl, give yourself some grace and find your space to grow. Marathons aren't for everyone. They aren't really for me, I probably will do another at some point but not for at least 6 or more years (did Edinburgh in 2021). I love half marathon distance though, so that's my focus most of the time when I'm at full fitness. You don't have to keep trying to do marathons just because that's what you think you should be doing. Have the balls to stand up and say "actually, I prefer shorter distances".

Like I said earlier though, I think she's so wrapped up in doing what she thinks others want to see her do rather than doing what she wants to do she just can't see it.

The distance at the top says she is nearly finished but the tracker doesn’t show she has gone past 40k so not sure what’s happening

Reactions: 3
I think she also never has any off season. She goes from one block to the next to the next. Your body can’t be peak fitness all the time.

How many marathons does this make now where she's been convinced 8:30 is her marathon pace when it's actually 9:30+? 4?!

Reactions: 2
Here she is!! There’s going to be some diabetes related reason I think because nobody with any heart would (quite rightly!) criticise that. Except with her , the diabetes line will be bull tit and used as an excuse for not ‘executing’ her run

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
I know I’m annoyed I was fooled a bit with their confidence and was quite generous with my guess too!

so her first 5k was 26 mins and her last 5k split was 45 mins. Ace pacing coach kels 👌🏼

• Haha
I don't know enough about diabetes but surely if you're running at your top pace (which she was for the first 5km or so) you're going to absolutely trash your blood sugars aren't you? So you'd want to go slow and steady even more?

Here she is!! There’s going to be some diabetes related reason I think because nobody with any heart would (quite rightly!) criticise that. Except with her , the diabetes line will be bull tit and used as an excuse for not ‘executing’ her run
44 minutes for that last 5km - she’s proper suffering now!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.