Weird Phobias

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People dressed as animals - Disneyland would be my hell.

Sloths. Oh yes. This used to be easy to ignore until they were stuck on every bloody item from Pjs to mugs. Used to be a video game where it looked like sloths came out and attacked you. Turned out to be like dead people so it made it 10000% times worse and I literally feel my heart stop whenever I see a sloth 🤣
Now, my daughter's a bit funny with characters, people dressed up. But hers is if they're a person pretending to be another person - so for e.g. people dressing as disney princesses where you can see their faces. We went to a shopping centre once and there was 2 people dressed Elsa and Anna, and she absolutely freaked out.

A bleeping giant Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse or Pluto in Disneyland Paris though, and she was bloody loving life!! But the idea of the Princess Pavillion and she was almost in tears with fear.

Weird child (very proud of what I've raised 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣)!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My feet touching anything other than a sock or a shoe. The thought of walking barefoot on the ground knocks me sick. Or in the sea. Or it touching my quilt. Eughhhhh.

Me too. One got stuck in my hair when I was a teen. Petrified ever since. X

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
The feeling of magazine paper, and if my nails catch it then even worse 🤮🤮

Submarines, pictures of them in the deep dark ocean freak me out

Fish.. I can eat them and look at pictures of them but not swim near them, had a panic attack in Thailand last year and boyfriend had to push me through the water and back to the boat.. waste of time going on a snorkelling trip😂

Reactions: 3
My feet touching anything other than a sock or a shoe. The thought of walking barefoot on the ground knocks me sick. Or in the sea. Or it touching my quilt. Eughhhhh.
Im the opposite. I hate socks! Feel like theyre stuck to me. Absolutely cannot sleep in socks!

Being chased up stairs, the thought of having to run upstairs and potentially falling over and then being murdered cause I fell, scares the tit out of me. I always walk behind someone up stairs if I can help it

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Boats and ships, absolutely terrified of them (must have been on titanic in a previous life)
Deep water
Fish
Clowns

Car ferries or any large ships. Especially container ships. I’m absolutely terrified of them. I’m also petrified of the circus, more specifically the big top. Even the sight of it makes me shiver.
Terrifed of ships to!! No one understands. I literally have panic attacks and almost pass out if I see one

• Heart
Spiders and drowning are my "normal" ones.
Spiders because they are horrible, drowning because I had a close shave as a kid.

Piers/bridges over the sea. Went for a walk with the husband and kids yesterday and husband wanted to walk to the end of if to show the kids the ships, I didn't realise how bad I was until I was walking over it and realised I could see the sea beneath through the gaps and stepped on loose planks. I had to turn round and get off it to sit on a bench to calm down 😳 won't be doing that again!

Reactions: 2
Not a phobia but makes me heave everytime...

Wet kitchen roll/toilet roll!! When cleaning up a spillage I have to use rolls and rolls so my hands aren’t touching the wet bit and I can’t see any “wetness”. It’s just vile. All soggy and grim 🤢

Reactions: 4
Stairs with no backs on so you can see thru them. I was going on a ride at Wet & Wild in Florida. Im scared of heights but was pleased that the staircase was internal...that was until I found that the last 10ish steps were outside and had no backs on so from every angle I could see how high I was. I had a complete meltdown and sat down frozen stiff unable to move. The poor lifeguard (it was his first day on the job :ROFLMAO: ) had to come and help my husband get me up and help me up the steps. The ride was brilliant but there was no way I could bring myself to go back on it. My husband still takes the piss and this was years ago!

Moths
Daddy Longlegs
The feel of sponges
The stringy bits on bananas
Clowns
Escalators

I also hate coming over a hill or something and suddenly seeing a large expanse of water, like the sea or a lake....no idea why because im not scared of the sea or lakes but suddenly seeing them makes me shiver?! Am I the only one?! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Boats and ships, absolutely terrified of them (must have been on titanic in a previous life)
Deep water
Fish
Clowns

Terrifed of ships to!! No one understands. I literally have panic attacks and almost pass out if I see one
Oh my God, finally someone who understands my fear of boats, ships and deep water. The thought of a huge ship at the bottom of the ocean makes me what to vomit!

Ridiculously high escalators - not a fan in general of escalators but doubled with height and I do not like at all. Been known to walk miles extra when visiting London to avoid particular tube stations due to this 😳

Ridiculously high escalators - not a fan in general of escalators but doubled with height and I do not like at all. Been known to walk miles extra when visiting London to avoid particular tube stations due to this 😳
When my mum visits me in London, she will not get off the tube at Tottenham Court Road station because of the height of the escalator!

Cotton wool- the feel of it and the noise it makes when it rips :sick:
Outie belly buttons- they do freak me out a bit
Petrified of spiders and the dark- I always have to make sure I'm in bed before my husband and he turns all the lights off, spiders because they're nasty little bastards and the way they run

I also have an overwhelming fear whenever we're both out together that we'll die and leave our children to grow up without any parents, I had a panic attack last time we went to Tesco together!

• Sad
When my mum visits me in London, she will not get off the tube at Tottenham Court Road station because of the height of the escalator!
There was one, it might have been Leicester Square or Covent Garden, I actually closed my eyes and cried going up it. That was my first time on the tube, and we'd witnessed a fight at the previous station which involved throwing things at the train as it left. As a Northerner, this was all a bit much and the escalator tipped me over the edge 😔

• Wow
Cows. Utterly terrified. Not so great when you live in the countryside. My kids actually mock me as they dont understand the fear but I can't cope. I also hate clowns and birds but its not on quite the same level.

Reactions: 1
How could I have forgotten this one...?

Hairs 😷

You know, when you go to use a sink and there's a big old shiny black (always black) hair there. Or pubes on the loo. Freaks me out. Even when it's my OH's and we've lived together for eleven years.

And also hairs in plug holes <shudder>