Weird Phobias

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Toilets lol public/metal ones and especially those old ones with the overhead chain. Make my blood run cold and I freeze.

Reactions: 8
Falling. I can't even stand on a skateboard!
Really large supermarkets / shops I can't get out of easily like IKEA.

Reactions: 3
Swimming pool shower/changing room floors - I have a pair of flip flops I use. Can’t go bare foot.

Wasps

noisy chewing sounds of folk eating

large poking out Adam’s apples - no idea why!! Massive turn off 💔🤮

Have nearly conquered my hole fear!!

I’m terrified of woodlice !

Another one is large things if anyone knows what I mean, an object that is just huge scares me, not tall buildings i don’t mean, just large things such as a huge ship or a huge statue when your so small, not sure if I make any sense whatsoever it’s just a feeling I get lol
yes!! I used to have nightmares about large things when I was little 😭😭

Reactions: 1
Spiders. Only large house spiders though - little tiddlers don't bother me. It's the thought of them crawling on me. My OH insists on putting them outside rather than killing them as well 🙄

Being buried alive. I watched a TV series (Messiah) and it opened with a drinking straw poking out of the ground with some raspy breathing. The victim was underground wrapped in cling film with a straw in their nostril to keep them alive for a certain period of time but knowing their eventual fate. The thought of their terror freaked me out for a long time. It's also how Fred & Rose West used to control some of their victims (wrapped their heads completely in tape and put a straw in their nostril to keep them alive whilst they had their "fun")

Some stranger ones - not really phobias but just things I'm weird about.....

I saw a photo of a wasp's nest and it gave me the proper heebie jeebies to the point of making my tummy flip flop but I couldn't stop staring at it.

The thought of my ankles knocking each other or even touching <shudder>

Agree about the hot drink slurping. My dad does it and it is disgusting 😷 Just wait for it to cool down for duck's sake!!

A closed MRI scan isn't much fun either especially if you're bigger. Don't look at your feet would be my tip or even open your eyes at all the whole time you're in there - that's how I cope. I have had a panic attack before going in once - the nurse had to hold my hand and calm me down 🙈

Animals in your house that shouldn't be there - rogue birds, mice etc. Totally fine with them at other times.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I used to feel ill and repulsed at the sight of loose buttons. I remember my Gran had a box of old buttons that she could never understand I didn't want to play with.

Reactions: 1
Washing on a washing line when it’s windy.
it gives me so much anxiety 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Ice!!!

The noise of it scraping goes right through me. People biting ice lollies. Taking anything out of the freezer.

I have goosebumps even talking about it
This is me!! I literally ran away earlier today because my 5 year old was biting an ice lolly. I can't go near the freezer at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Polystyrene makes me feel sick. The squeaky noise the texture 🤢 nope

Absolutely despise feet but that’s quite a normal one I think

I have a huge fear of submerged or sinking ships. I recently found out it has a name 😂 submechanophobia. It both horrifies and intrigues me. I sometimes go and look at pictures to purposely scare myself. I used to be obsessed with the Titanic as a child I read so many books on it I think it came from that. What a nutcase 😂

Last edited:
  • Wow
My boyfriend slurping tea. It makes me feel sick.
This is a thing. I thought I was just an awful person for this, but I found out so many people have this issue.
My bf not only slurps hot stuff, but literally everything from cold drinks to solid food and it drives me insane. Actually feeling sick.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
The movie Dumbo.

It’s not so much a phobia but a trigger that brings back really bad memories that can lead to panic attacks so I avoid it. Long and unpleasant story behind it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Car ferries or any large ships. Especially container ships. I’m absolutely terrified of them. I’m also petrified of the circus, more specifically the big top. Even the sight of it makes me shiver.
The ships thing is similar to mine. Container ships freak me the duck out why are they SO BIG. Have you seen those videos taken aboard ship in stormy seas? Christ alive they are terrifying

Another one is large things if anyone knows what I mean, an object that is just huge scares me, not tall buildings i don’t mean, just large things such as a huge ship or a huge statue when your so small, not sure if I make any sense whatsoever it’s just a feeling I get lol
This has a name it’s called megalophobia! I know exactly what you mean and it’s very common!

Reactions: 2
I never thought I was claustrophobic until the day I climbed the Scott Monument in Edinburgh.
I don't know what happened, but Jesus I just freaked out completely.

Going back down and a large man was coming up and wouldn't move back so I could keep going down. I ended up shouting at him to get out of my way (and I'm never like that. Usually I'm an idiot who lets people walk all over me, but that's another story)

Got to the bottom, got out and just ended up shaking and crying. I think I had some kind of panic attack.
My husband didn't know what the hell was going on.

• Heart
  • Wow
Oranges or anything orange related (not the colour)

Absolutely terrifies me and I have no idea why 😂

Reactions: 2
Other people's elbows touching me. Public transport during summer is a nightmare....

Black swimming pools. I don’t know how people can have black or very dark tiling in a pool. Not sure I’ve even seen one in real life, but I wouldn’t go in one.