Weird Phobias

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Balloons, champagne corks. Used to be scared of thunder and fireworks but they don't bother me as much now unless they're super loud.

Reactions: 2
Car ferries or any large ships. Especially container ships. I’m absolutely terrified of them. I’m also petrified of the circus, more specifically the big top. Even the sight of it makes me shiver.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Cutlery scraping on a plate or a knife being rubbed against a fork 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 11
The film ET. Honestly, I’m terrified. No idea why, I even remember watching it quite happily as a young child. Even just thinking about it now and what it looks like and the noises it makes... my heart starts beating really fast and I feel like crying 😭😂 I try once a year to watch it and cure my fear but I always turn it off before it even comes on the screen 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Another one is large things if anyone knows what I mean, an object that is just huge scares me, not tall buildings i don’t mean, just large things such as a huge ship or a huge statue when your so small, not sure if I make any sense whatsoever it’s just a feeling I get lol

Reactions: 6
Flying, cotton wool, corn flour, wet wool, belly buttons, moths and cutlery scratching on plates.

Black toilet seats they frighten me so much I can’t use them. Been like it since I was a kid it really really frightens me. If I had to use a toilet with a black seat on I’d piss somewhere else. I’ve literally walked out of a toilet before had a panic attack and pissed behind a bin instead 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
As a child I hated swimming pool drains! Especially in the deep end. 😬

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Holes holes holes! It really really freaks me out
Heights but I'm getting better
Driving next to a lorry or huge van freaks me out. I keep thinking it will topple over me lol.
Scratching noise on wood or cardboard and nails on paper... It literally makes my skin crawl

Reactions: 9
holes/textures too. Immediately imagine them on me and whats lurking in the holes 😭🤮

Im not good with heights, my legs turn to jelly & i get that awful/weird urge to jump 😱

also scared of the dark 🙃

Reactions: 3
Mine's heights, which I didn't realise was as bad as it is until I said I'd do Go Ape with my nephews. Freaked out on the kids practice course and refused to go on the main one (children's version) 😂

• Haha
Mine's heights, which I didn't realise was as bad as it is until I said I'd do Go Ape with my nephews. Freaked out on the kids practice course and refused to go on the main one (children's version) 😂
Omg how scary is Go Ape though! I had to be rescued off the tarzan jump net on the first set 😄

• Haha
Omg how scary is Go Ape though! I had to be rescued off the tarzan jump net on the first set 😄
Glad it's not just me!! My smallest nephew cried and needed helping down, when they tried to push me to try the main course I explained it wouldn't be so cute having a fully grown woman crying and refusing to move 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
holes/textures too. Immediately imagine them on me and whats lurking in the holes 😭🤮

Im not good with heights, my legs turn to jelly & i get that awful/weird urge to jump 😱

also scared of the dark 🙃
Sameeeee! I am scared of the dark too and my personal fear in life is to be lonely in a dark place all by myself. I'm working on getting better at not being scared of dark though and also to not feel claustrophobic in small closed places.