Weird Phobias

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm being 100% serious here. David Walliams. He creeps me out so much that if I see him on TV, I literally have to leave the room in order to 'get away' from him.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm being 100% serious here. David Walliams. He creeps me out so much that if I see him on TV, I literally have to leave the room in order to 'get away' from him.
Me too. Something doesn't sit right with him. I think he's trying to seem like there's a question mark over his sexuality to make women feel more comfy around him and he has a sleaze then

Reactions: 10
Most of mine are food related- I spent 10 years petrified of green food, all green food. I’m slightly better now although occasionally I’ll freak out a bit.
I’m still scared of baked beans, peanut butter. Sweet corn and milk 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I’m terrified of grape stalks 😂 it’s so weird cause I love grapes but when you’ve picked them all off and you’re left with the stalks in the plastic box, ohhhhh my god it goes through me. My husband knows this very well & I freak if he brings it near me.

another one which I’m not sure if you could consider a phobia but I cannot eat off coloured plates. Don’t know why, but it goes through me. I’ll only eat food from white plates/bowls. Yep, even returned food in a restaurant before, makes me feel physically sick. So strange!

Reactions: 4
Most of mine are food related- I spent 10 years petrified of green food, all green food. I’m slightly better now although occasionally I’ll freak out a bit.
I’m still scared of baked beans, peanut butter. Sweet corn and milk 🤦🏼‍♀️
Is is the texture of the foods that scare you? Is it anything specific about them? Hope you don’t mind me asking

Reactions: 1
Open water. Absolute nope, my husband made me go into the sea with him during a stop on a boat trip we took when we were on holiday in Zakynthos. Loads of people got in, but I wanted to cry the entire time, I was terrified of not knowing what was swimming around me. Couldn’t get back on the boat fast enough.

Spiders. I can’t stand the way they move and how fast they are. 😰

Clowns. They’re not one bit funny and I’ve read Stephen King’s “IT”plenty to be put off for life.

Having my neck tickled. I will lash out. I don’t even laugh, I scream with actual terror.

Last edited:
Chalks
Stairs with no risers
Bridges
Tunnels
Heights ( I can't even stand fully upright on a chair )
Swimming in any sort of water that's not a pool
Spiders but only a certain type of house spider
Dogs
Doctors/dentists/ hospitals and any sort of medical noises

Reactions: 2
Is is the texture of the foods that scare you? Is it anything specific about them? Hope you don’t mind me asking
Not at all ☺ Ask anything you like.
For milk and bananas it’s the texture, Peanut butter is the smell and how it looks. Everything else the appearance just unnerves me- makes my skin crawl.

Champagne corks popping, I think it’s the suspense also balloons especially at a children’s birthday party, waiting for the inevitable of one of the little fuckers standing/popping them.

Meat - I will cook a meal, sit down to eat it then I’ll convince myself that I haven’t cooked the meat properly, I’m going to get food poisoning to the extent i will pick the meat out or leave it all.

Reactions: 6
I also hate bridges! I have a fear that I or my possessions will somehow slip away from me and tumble off the bridge. 😐

I am also scared of dead squid and octopus. They give me the willies. Lives ones are fine though.

Weird but due to life experiences I think:
Escalators - I fell down one as a small child after an older woman stopped at the top to gossip to a friend she'd spotted, as I have dyspraxia with bad balance I fell all the way back down, thus hate them now.
Mirrors - I used to have very bad self image and body dysmorphia, still dislike them, but tolerate them now.
Lights - Bright lights or flashing lights just no for me.
People in my face - I was abused as a kid by a sibling, so if anyone comes right up to me I hate it and freak out (probably as expect them to attack me). Some dentists and opticians get it, some don't and keep going even after seeing I'm in tears.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Mynes eggs. Even if I know they are in date I have this thing about cracking them.

The thought of paper/cotton wool touching my teeth 🤢

Other people’s snot and poo. If I see someone picking their nose / talk about snot / if I can smell poo / even just talking about poo, I cannot control myself I can’t stop gagging to the point I’ll actually throw up. A lot of my friends / family think it’s hilarious so around me will start talking about it and I can’t control myself I have to leave the room as I uncontrollably heave 🤢🤢

Last edited:
I’m petrified of public toilets that have the blue lights, I can’t cope I start having a panic attack and have to leave 😫

I hate the noise of tin foil 🤮 it makes my skin crawl

Spiders are just bleeping terrifying the way they come after you after they’ve been spotted 😳

Last edited:
Dressing gowns and slippers... specifically the fleecy type dressing gowns. I just imagine them to be hot and sweaty and gross and just ergh. Same with slippers making your feet all sweaty. I can’t even explain this but I know what I mean 🤣 The amount of slippers and dressing gowns I’ve been bought for xmas presents is unreal 😳😂

• Haha
What weird phobias do people have?

Mine are:
Wet cotton wool (stems from childhood dental appointments for braces when they stuck cotton wool in my mouth for the impressions :sick: :sick:)
Feet - a pedicure would literally be my worst nightmare. And except for sandal/holiday season, I keep my toenails v short as I hate being able to feel them against the end of my socks)
Out-y belly buttons (sorry if anyone has one!) - I was dreading mine popping out when I was pregnant. Luckily, despite birthing a small whale, it didn't happen! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yep feet are mine. It’s taken all my effort to deal with them the last week. I’ve never really looked after my feet but decided I needed to make them vaguely presentable but it made me cringe to do it 😂 they’re better now you’ll be glad to hear.
Also dogs. No idea why mum just said one day at around 2 I saw a dog and ran into the road crying. After that I was terrified of them. I try not to show it for my children. Actually not just dogs all animals.
I hate holding animals for fear of hurting them. I’m just odd. I’d never hurt an animal I should have. We used to have a budgie who I loved a lot but wouldn’t hold him.