Weird Phobias

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too. Driving over them is horrendous.
Completely. We were on holiday when I was younger and had to drive over the San Francisco Bridge. We got caught in traffic and I freaked out.

My Mum hates piers. Anything you're crossing and can see between the slats to below. There's a point in Blackpool Pleasure Beach she always avoided too because you could see a ride passing underneath. Me and Dad used to wind her up when I was little, but now I have my own phobias I'm more sympathetic!
I’m not the biggest fan of piers but I’m not half as bad as on bridges, I do try to avoid them where possible though!

Reactions: 3
Wet floors with bare feet. Fine in and around my house but swimming pools, changing rooms etc etc I can't deal with it. Wearing flip flops doesn't even help because it still comes over the sides and touches your feet. Water parks and swimming pools abroad I have to just talk to myself all day to try and keep myself sane about it.

Reactions: 5
large poking out Adam’s apples - no idea why!! Massive turn off 💔🤮
I’m with you on that. Not a phobia for me, but I find them horrendous and they make me feel like I’m going to be sick

Similarly anything touching that part of my neck/throat, or anyone else’s. I can’t wear scarves, and if one of the kids accidentally touches me there it again makes me start to feel sick and gag.

Reactions: 2
People dressed as animals - Disneyland would be my hell.

Sloths. Oh yes. This used to be easy to ignore until they were stuck on every bloody item from Pjs to mugs. Used to be a video game where it looked like sloths came out and attacked you. Turned out to be like dead people so it made it 10000% times worse and I literally feel my heart stop whenever I see a sloth 🤣

Mashed potato 🤢

I don't want to see it, don't want to smell it, don't want to imagine the horrible texture..

Reactions: 2
The ships thing is similar to mine. Container ships freak me the duck out why are they SO BIG. Have you seen those videos taken aboard ship in stormy seas? Christ alive they are terrifying

This has a name it’s called megalophobia! I know exactly what you mean and it’s very common!
Yes!!!! I’ve seen those videos. They terrify me to my core.

Deep water
Drowning
Knives and forks scraping on plates
Icebergs
Caves
Underwater caves 🤢🤢

Spiders. Only large house spiders though - little tiddlers don't bother me. It's the thought of them crawling on me. My OH insists on putting them outside rather than killing them as well 🙄

Being buried alive. I watched a TV series (Messiah) and it opened with a drinking straw poking out of the ground with some raspy breathing. The victim was underground wrapped in cling film with a straw in their nostril to keep them alive for a certain period of time but knowing their eventual fate. The thought of their terror freaked me out for a long time. It's also how Fred & Rose West used to control some of their victims (wrapped their heads completely in tape and put a straw in their nostril to keep them alive whilst they had their "fun")

Some stranger ones - not really phobias but just things I'm weird about.....

I saw a photo of a wasp's nest and it gave me the proper heebie jeebies to the point of making my tummy flip flop but I couldn't stop staring at it.

The thought of my ankles knocking each other or even touching <shudder>

Agree about the hot drink slurping. My dad does it and it is disgusting 😷 Just wait for it to cool down for duck's sake!!

A closed MRI scan isn't much fun either especially if you're bigger. Don't look at your feet would be my tip or even open your eyes at all the whole time you're in there - that's how I cope. I have had a panic attack before going in once - the nurse had to hold my hand and calm me down 🙈

Animals in your house that shouldn't be there - rogue birds, mice etc. Totally fine with them at other times.
MRIs are so scary! I had one years ago and the closed in feeling and the noises.. blergh

Cotton wool, especially touching finger/toenails and teeth 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢 feel cringey/sick thinking about it.

People scraping their nails aginst my finger nails.

Horror games where you are being chased, big bag of huges NOPES (OH made me watch upcoming ps4 game trailers and i was absolutely terrified)

Insects/spiders crawling on my skin/ flies landing on me, makes me have a full in melt down.

Daddy long legs (crane flies) 🤢🤢😭😭😭 they are absolute pure evil.

Being in the sea and something touches your legs and you cant see what it is 😭😭😭

Mushrooms 😭🤢 it's honestly a nightmare when it comes to eating out, eating in, shopping, just nope.

Edit - Just after I posted this an advert came up for pizza hut with a mushroom pizza. Why tattle why?! 😭

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My Mum hates piers. Anything you're crossing and can see between the slats to below. There's a point in Blackpool Pleasure Beach she always avoided too because you could see a ride passing underneath. Me and Dad used to wind her up when I was little, but now I have my own phobias I'm more sympathetic!
Can't stand Piers Morgan. Urgh. Shivers down my spine.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Mucus
Can't watch stuff like Dr Pimple Popper, find it so off-putting
Bulging veins in foreheads when people are angry or straining

Stickers. I have to get my husband to remove those tiny stickers from new clothes and I can’t look at it as it makes me hurl. If I ever have children, sticker charts will not be a thing. I’ve got better but not much.

People dressed as animals - Disneyland would be my hell.

Sloths. Oh yes. This used to be easy to ignore until they were stuck on every bloody item from Pjs to mugs. Used to be a video game where it looked like sloths came out and attacked you. Turned out to be like dead people so it made it 10000% times worse and I literally feel my heart stop whenever I see a sloth 🤣
I will never set foot in Disneyland for this exact reason.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Mashed potato- just why?

Iced lolly sticks and wooden cuttlery...some paper cups too and sugar& flour bags, touching them makes me feel sick. Same with a plastered wall

People eating my food or drinking from my cup/glass etc. Makes me feel sick

I have a horrid thought in my head that someone will pin me down and file my teeth

I watched 999 as a kid and got the fear of drains in swimming pools after a kid got sucked into one. Shat the life out of me